Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL gameday prime laughs at Ramsey (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
They made a joke about how Deion was trying to defend him but even then Sanders admitted he couldn't.  Even laughed they exchanged Jersey after Beckham put it on him.

I agree with prime.  Ramsey talked a bunch of crap and didn't back it up.
Yeah, a bit.

OBJ won, but according to some people here Ramsey was already the GOAT LOL!
I watched the entire game and there were a handful of times Ramsey got flat out beat by Beckham playing man to man. I remember one time specifically,, Ramsey tried to be aggressive and bit hard on a double move only to get beat for a big gain. Ramsey is a fantastic corner but hope he gets humbled a bit. Love his play but hate his mouth.
Jalen is a very good CB. He is a top corner in today's NFL, no doubt. I love his play style, but he is not a shut down corner. Shut down corners barely exist in the NFL anymore anyways, the rules make it nearly impossible to truly be a shutdown 1/2 of the field kind of guy.

I think Jalen vs the top tier WRs gets beat a lot. AB ate his lunch 2x last year, and OBJ should have had 2 tds today on top of the 111 yards. How much of that was scheme(in zone a lot), i don't know. I did see Jalen man to man get beat outright twice at least, and a 3rd should have been a TD. I too hope this is a wake up call for him to shut up and simply master his craft. No need to be Richard Sherman jr.
Ramsey didn’t back it up. A little success can satiate his hunger. Still the best corner in the league. But I hope he can keep the same fire he had when he said “I’m tired of losing” in Detroit. But to be fair, he did match up with the best WR in the game
Let's pump the breaks on the Ramsey hate....also OBJ is not the best WR in the game, anyone remember when we played Pittsburgh in the playoffs? Ya that guy Antonio Brown? He absolutely destroyed us and we had good coverage on him and he still destroyed us when we were playing man coverage. With OBJ alot of it was on 3rd and longs where we are dropping in zones and that pick play, no question he beat Ramsey a couple times and he is the 2nd best WR in the game but let's chill out on acting like Ramsey is trash because he cant guard OBJ. Maybe before the illegal contact rule he could but nowadays where no contact is allowed it's really tough. Ramsey is a premium level player and OBJ had nothing but praise and love for him after the game to the media and same with Eli,so ya he got 111 yards and 11 catches but that doesnt mean Ramsey didnt play well. Not like he is going against some garbage WR like AJ Green or Cory Davis who he can legit run routes for. I get it expectations are extremely high for Ramsey and he likes it that way but we also have to be realistic and say hes not just gonna absolutely shut down an All-Pro.
(09-10-2018, 12:34 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]They made a joke about how Deion was trying to defend him but even then Sanders admitted he couldn't.  Even laughed they exchanged Jersey after Beckham put it on him.

When did Ramsey talk a bunch of crap about OBJ?   I must have missed that.
(09-10-2018, 04:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2018, 12:34 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]They made a joke about how Deion was trying to defend him but even then Sanders admitted he couldn't.  Even laughed they exchanged Jersey after Beckham put it on him.

Lol he didn't.
(09-10-2018, 04:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly, he actually said OBJ was one of the best wide receivers out there. He did say he didn't think Eli was a great QB but that's probably fair.
No TD’s. No Win OBJ. Ramsey wins
Um, he never talked crap about OBJ?

I like how we’re quick to assume and then criticize OUR OWN PLAYER
I'm not worried because all the great cornerbacks get cooked at once in awhile includes Deion Sanders when he got cooked by Jerry Rice.
(09-10-2018, 06:48 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Um, he never talked crap about OBJ?

No, he never talked crap about OBJ that I saw.   Maybe someone can refer me to where he did that, but all I've seen is a bunch of complimentary quotes about how OBJ is a great player.

(09-10-2018, 06:48 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Um, he never talked crap about OBJ?

No, he never talked crap about OBJ that I saw.   Maybe someone can refer me to where he did that, but all I've seen is a bunch of complimentary quotes about how OBJ is a great player.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/nf...nfl-week-1

I don’t know why some of the forum here is hating on Jalen. He did his job. Yes he appeared to be beat on a lot of plays, but that’s because the Giants where creative trying to get the ball in OBJ’s hands. Mainly by use of rub routes and BS pick routes. This article shows just how dominant our secondary is. The fact that they borderline mugged Jalen to get OBJ open shows just how we’ll he played.

Besides, even the best players have slip ups and the Jags still walked away with the win.
Jags appeared to play a lot of zone against the Giants which is why we never really saw the 1 on 1 matchup. Ramsey even tweeted about it.

Pump the breaks here.
We win, OBJ doesn't score, and the national press still takes shots at us with the a bunch of message board Gomers cheering them on. What a great thread this is.
(09-10-2018, 01:37 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Jalen is a very good CB. He is a top corner in today's NFL, no doubt. I love his play style, but he is not a shut down corner.  Shut down corners barely exist in the NFL anymore anyways, the rules make it nearly impossible to truly be a shutdown 1/2 of the field kind of guy.

I think Jalen vs the top tier WRs gets beat a lot. AB ate his lunch 2x last year, and OBJ should have had 2 tds today on top of the 111 yards. How much of that was scheme(in zone a lot), i don't know. I did see Jalen man to man get beat outright twice at least, and a 3rd should have been a TD. I too hope this is a wake up call for him to shut up and simply master his craft. No need to be Richard Sherman jr.

LOL someone has no clue what they are talking about ^

first, ramsey did not have a great shut down game, but there is no CB that can shut down a player like OBJ.. he is almost a faster version of antonio brown

giving up 12 yard crossing route catches on 3rd and 16's is a win for ramsey, not OBJ, that happened multiple times

other catches were in zone, multiple times ramsey got clipped by his own teamates in coverage for some reason

I do agree there were times OBJ was open and the passes were missed, ramsey is absolutely a shut down corner in every sense of the word, he didnt have his best day yesterday for sure, but he was still very good
I don’t know what game y’all watched, but Odell didn’t work Jalen. When you have a player of Odell’s quality, you can’t keep him from winning at least some of the battles. At least 40 of #13’s yards came against other defenders with most of his total being against zone.
Remember when Stevie Johnson used to get the best of Revis Island all the time?

We got the win, that's all thar matters. He had catches and yards, which we know he's going to get, but no TDs.
I don't know when I watched the Giants Broadcast team on Fox, I got the impression that they schemed it up well to get the ball to OBJ. The local guys would know. Just how did they get a national broadcast?

I thought the Giants eeked out a win with all the Barkley love going on. Honestly though our team needs to get the oline going and open holes not just for Fournette.
Pages: 1 2 3 4