Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tom Pelissero from Twitter, Jags are best team in AFC South..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Tom Pelissero said he recalls @MikeNolanNFL telling him on @SiriusXMNFL the #Jaguars may be AFC South's most talented team, just young. Intriguing amid this slop.
Yay, we are the tallest midget!
Pelissero go home....you're drunk!
He said most talented, I agree. We are just struggling at QB, and unless Blake can miraculously fix his mechanics I would not be shocked if we draft one in the next 2 drafts or sign a vet(Romo maybe?) to compete this coming Free Agency to push BB5 to be better. The other big elephant in the room is Gus Bradley, and his progression as a head coach. If Blake can just play smart, regardless of mechanics, I think our defense can carry us to 9-10 wins and that should win the AFCS. 

Yea and Twitter said we are playoff contenders this year, we'll see.....
If they will quit being so stubborn about running the ball, and give Blake fewer 3rd and longs, we might be okay.   The offense functions better when Blake is given more opportunities.   But when we insist on running the ball for 1 or 2 yards, and constantly setting up 3rd and long, that's when we go 3 and out. 
Hes smoking some good stuff.
Quote:If they will quit being so stubborn about running the ball, and give Blake fewer 3rd and longs, we might be okay.   The offense functions better when Blake is given more opportunities.   But when we insist on running the ball for 1 or 2 yards, and constantly setting up 3rd and long, that's when we go 3 and out. 
I understand wanting to run the ball but like you, I can't see why they are trying to force the run when it's not there...Take what the defense gives you...If they are taking away the run, play action works well...
Quote:I understand wanting to run the ball but like you, I can't see why they are trying to force the run when it's not there...Take what the defense gives you...If they are taking away the run, play action works well...

That's the horrible part, the Jaguars are failing to run against pass fronts, not run stopping fronts. Either they need to find a better package that can actually crease a defense or they need to spread out the defense and let guys win one on ones in the secondary. If you pass out of two receiver sets against nickle coverages no one is usually in single coverage. That's why the offense has been such a failure, they can't take what the should be able to take running and since they don't want to go full New England move they can't pass usually, either.
Quote:That's the horrible part, the Jaguars are failing to run against pass fronts, not run stopping fronts. Either they need to find a better package that can actually crease a defense or they need to spread out the defense and let guys win one on ones in the secondary. If you pass out of two receiver sets against nickle coverages no one is usually in single coverage. That's why the offense has been such a failure, they can't take what the should be able to take running and since they don't want to go full New England move they can't pass usually, either.
They keep running those stretch plays with Ivory.....

Baffling.
The Jaguars get holding penalties on 1 yard gains.

it's amazing how one point changes the whole perspective on things.

honestly right now Tennessee is playing the best

Quote:He said most talented, I agree. We are just struggling at QB, and unless Blake can miraculously fix his mechanics I would not be shocked if we draft one in the next 2 drafts or sign a vet(Romo maybe?) to compete this coming Free Agency to push BB5 to be better. The other big elephant in the room is Gus Bradley, and his progression as a head coach. If Blake can just play smart, regardless of mechanics, I think our defense can carry us to 9-10 wins and that should win the AFCS. 

Blake is playing better than Osweiler and out played Luck head to head. Blake isn't the problem. He's the reason the Jags are even improved at all. 
Quote:Blake is playing better than Osweiler and out played Luck head to head. Blake isn't the problem. He's the reason the Jags are even improved at all. 

Everyone is playing better than Osweiler
Quote:Yea and Twitter said we are playoff contenders this year, we'll see.....

We are playoff contenders. One of our losses was out of conference; one of our wins was in the division; we are only 1.5 games behind the division leaders. It will be a long time before we are mathematically eliminated if that even happens.
That's NOT what he said.

He was referencing Mike Nolan, who said that.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/...2213853184

look if we beat the Raiders this Sunday we will be making a serious statement to the AFC south and the NFL that we are contenders and all the talent we have is still struggling but at some point when it all glues together we will be playing tremendous football. We just won 2 games in a row with bad play all around, except the defense did better against the Bears. 

We are and are 2 plays from being 4-1 

Quote:He said most talented, I agree. We are just struggling at QB, and unless Blake can miraculously fix his mechanics I would not be shocked if we draft one in the next 2 drafts or sign a vet(Romo maybe?) to compete this coming Free Agency to push BB5 to be better. The other big elephant in the room is Gus Bradley, and his progression as a head coach. If Blake can just play smart, regardless of mechanics, I think our defense can carry us to 9-10 wins and that should win the AFCS. 
Struggling at QB? We have the worst rushing in the NFL and your blaming the QB lol
Quote:We are and are 2 plays from being 4-1 

We're also 2 plays from being 0-5.

Can we all stop this "2 plays away" thing?  We BARELY won the 2 games we did win.  We are closer to 0-5 than 4-1.

Just be glad we got the 2 wins.
Pages: 1 2 3 4