Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars @ Chiefs score predictions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Here's the spread with the over/under

At Kansas City  -3.5  Jacksonville  51.5

I think this is a winnable game, the KC defense hasn't been that great. It's Mahomes arm that's winning the games for them
The chefs are giving up 111 yards per game on the ground (5.2 avg per attempt) and the league worst 367 yards passing per game.

This is a perfect game to run that two back set with three wide and let BB5 sling it all over the place.
Jags offense has a chance to put up an even bigger number than they did yesterday vs the jets.

Stopping Mahomes, Hill, Kelce and Hunt is going to be a big test for this Jags defense. They'll have to play better in the secondary than they did yesterday. Darnold and his receivers left some big plays out there with drops and overthrows. Mahomes and company aren't as likely to do that.
I think this game will unfold much like last year's game against San Francisco. It'll be a shoot out but we'll be more sloppy on offense thus giving them the football more to hurt us.

I know we won yesterday. But if you [BLEEP] around and gift Mahomes and Reid three turnovers this Sunday I have a feeling they'll hang up more than just twelve points on the board.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Depends on how the offense goes. If Bortles is going to throw for almost 400 yards and we find the endzone more than twice I like our chances. We're going to need some kind of running game on the road though.
(10-01-2018, 05:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think this game will unfold much like last year's game against San Francisco. It'll be a shoot out but we'll be more sloppy on offense thus giving them the football more to hurt us.

I know we won yesterday. But if you [BLEEP] around and gift Mahomes and Reid three turnovers this Sunday I have a feeling they'll hang up more than just twelve points on the board.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The difference there is the SF offense attacks our weakest areas. The KC offense is a more downfield attack which plays into our strengths more. Will be interesting to see how Denver can rattle Mahomes with a real pass rush. 

This team has a habit of making some stupid mistakes (like fumbles and dropped INTs) in games the expect to won easily from the start. I think they'll be much sharper Sunday. I'm super excited for this one.
Mahomes didn’t handle the blitz well until he started rolling out. Jack or Telvin (who ever is worse in pass coverage) is going to have to spy. I watched near the end of the first half and all the last. Mahomes was struggling with blitz’s but really tore Denver apart with rolling out. Also worth mentioning that the Chiefs got away with two no calls. Once when Mahomes was past the line of scrimmage and threw a TD and another when they converted a huge third day near the end of the game when the play clock was clearly expired. We are going to need someone to shadow Mahomes and we are REALLY going to need Fowler to have a big game. Campbell is going to have to play a lot of DT because we are going to need speed on the edges to keep Mahomes in the pocket. Keep him in there and have Malik and Campbell collapse the middle and we can win. I trust our secondary to limit the WR.
I'm really really looking forward to this game next week, it should be excellent. The NFL is certainly missing out by not Flexing this or having it more Prime time. If only we had beaten the Tacks it would've been the battle for the last remaining AFC undefeated team. I'm ready to get our #1 AFC seed track back open
Watching the game tonight, pretty much all of mahomes big plays came off of him scrambling out of the pocket. They showed that stat that he has like 10/15 for 200 yards over the first four games tbis year so if we can push the middle of the pocket and our edge rushers keep contain we can force him to play bad. Denver had them till the end when they lose contain and he made them pay

Has mahomes played a 4-3 team yet? Denver and the Steelers are a 3-4
I am stoked for this one. The Chiefs are exactly what i've been saying, an explosive offense but a terrible D. The talk has been about Mahomes, but to me it starts with Hunt. Denver coming to the came was #3 in rushing defense, but they got gashed. Hunt went 19-121 and even excluding his long run was 18-76 (4.2 ypc). This will be a tremendous test to see how good our run defense is. Not only is Hunt a threat on the ground, he is a beast pass catching. Myles Jack/Telvin are a perfect combo to negate him. The Broncos said pre game that Mahomes likes to hold the ball, longer than any other QB. Tonight I saw that too, and I could see Yannick having his coming out party for the season with a couple strips. Mahomes is very talented no doubt, but man he has some explosives weapons. Hunt/Kelce are all pro caliber, Hill/Watson are probowlers, and D thomas is a threat. Hunt though is public enemy #1 this week. Contain Hunt and keep them in long 3rd downs, defense is going to ball out.

As for the Jags moving the ball and scoring points, really should be no problem. Key would be no turnovers for them. Absolutely can't have turnovers on O. Can't lose the turnover battle this week.

Special teams, I'd be ok with Cooke kicking it out of bounds. Hill is too explosive, I don't want to see that man in the open field with space.
It’s about time we played a team that’ll challenge our corners. The problem is that they have Kelce as well in addition to Kareem Hunt. This will be one hell of a match up. If Mahomes holds the ball forever like he’s been known to do, that’ll be an advantage for us. Kansas City is the worst in the league with the the worst pass defense. I think this is exactly what the doctor ordered with Fournette being out. I was hoping that Denver could put some good tape out for us to study. Denver having success against Mahomes was important for us.

Ultimately, I think Kansas City edges is out 31-27 with homefield being the deciding factor.
Really tough to go into Arrowhead and get a win, especially early in the year. This could be a really chippy game because our defense loves to talk and so does KCs offense. Kelce got ejected against us 2 years ago. The key is to not let KC start fast and in a rhythm, they have been destroying teams early and quickly. The broncos stalled them out tonight and they should have won this game but the key was that they didn't let the game get out of hand early
Last night, Mahomes completed more passing yards outside the pocket than any other QB in over a decade.

He can run and shoot. We have to keep him contained.
One thing that is for certain is the chiefs are in the pocket's of the refs, so we will have to beat them again, as well.

RIP
I have written this one off as a loss. The offense is just too fast with so many weapons. We can hold them off some, but I feel they’ll score enough to where our offense can’t keep up. Hopefully the Jags prove me wrong
(10-02-2018, 07:45 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]I have written this one off as a loss. The offense is just too fast with so many weapons. We can hold them off some, but I feel they’ll score enough to where our offense can’t keep up. Hopefully the Jags prove me wrong

Before the season I had noted this one as a loss, but not the Tacks game. I hope we can be 4-1 after this game and then my predicted season is back on track.
(10-02-2018, 07:45 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]I have written this one off as a loss. The offense is just too fast with so many weapons. We can hold them off some, but I feel they’ll score enough to where our offense can’t keep up. Hopefully the Jags prove me wrong

We put up 31 on the Pats, and 31 on the Jets. Both of those defenses are better than the chiefs defense, what makes you think we cant keep up with them? Do you think they are gonna throw up a 50 burger on us?

Did you watch the game last night? Our defense is better than Denver. And if you give Grant and Westbrook that much space and miss tackles they are going to run wild. 

If Denver had any semblance of a competent offense they would have run away with that game. 

Likely no Watkins, contain and pressure Mahomes, we can win.
(10-02-2018, 08:00 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you watch the game last night? Our defense is better than Denver. And if you give Grant and Westbrook that much space and miss tackles they are going to run wild. 

If Denver had any semblance of a competent offense they would have run away with that game. 

Likely no Watkins, contain and pressure Mahomes, we can win.

I did; even with the good defense the Chiefs still scored 27 points. So that’s the question; can our offense score that much? We’ve seen it happen, but not consistently. That’s my concern
(10-02-2018, 07:54 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: [ -> ]

We put up 31 on the Pats, and 31 on the Jets. Both of those defenses are better than the chiefs defense, what makes you think we cant keep up with them? Do you think they are gonna throw up a 50 burger on us?

We also put up 13 points on offense against the Giants, and 6 against the titans. It’s all about what offense shows, because while the Chiefs won’t score 50, we’re not holding them to 12 like the jets
they shouldnt have watkins

and dee ford left with an injury that he came into the game with, on a short week, he is probably out and he had 3 sacks already this year

going to be tough, but we MUST QB spy ... for ONCE... we play 3 mobile QB's in a row, time to put the QB spy in... have the LB who is spying start in coverage and then once the pocket pushes in he comes up to wherever the qb scrambles, had we done that vs Tenn they would not have scored more than 3 points
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7