Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Broncos RB Davis Williams to sign with Jax tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Off the practice squad

David*

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status...06592?s=19

Otw tonight, gonna sign tomorrow

https://predominantlyorange.com/2018/05/...aft-class/

At 6-feet, 224 pounds, Williams ran a 4.50 in the 40-yard dash at Arkansas’ pro day, which is a great number at that size, and he showed off his strength with 21 bench press reps at 225 pounds
Anything known about this guy? Better than Wilds?
Honestly, I don't know much about him, but I hope he turns out to be a hidden gem.
You know it's desperation time when you're poaching PS players :/

Here's Williams turning what probably should have been a busted screen into a TD against mizzou last year. 

https://twitter.com/SayreBedinger/status...1078679554
Love the size and speed
I like how he gets north and south decisively on most runs and he's got some receiving skills as well.
Kinda reminds me of Yeldon.
Wonder what happened with Darkwa.
(10-08-2018, 09:16 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda reminds me of Yeldon.

I see that too. Williams appears more physical, but he has the same upright, running style as Yeldon.
(10-08-2018, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Love the size and speed

Hes got nice size, but there's very little speed there.

Just from watching that highlight video you posted (and I hate highlight videos, because they can make anybody look good), it doesn't look like he has much speed at all honestly.

Didn't see anything special from that video, but that's why he was on a PS and not a 53 man roster.

We need bodies at this point and he can't be any worse than Wilds is.
(10-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Just from watching that highlight video you posted (and I hate highlight videos, because they can make anybody look good), it doesn't look like he has much speed at all honestly.

Didn't see anything special from that video, but that's why he was on a PS and not a 53 man roster.

I think that's exactly it. Yeldon is the workhorse now. They just need people to spell him.
Interesting that he appears much closer to Yeldon in style than Fournette.
(10-08-2018, 09:43 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hes got nice size, but there's very little speed there.

I think that's exactly it. Yeldon is the workhorse now. They just need people to spell him.

Couldn't agree more my man.
(10-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Looks like he has some speed to me and 4.5 40 at 224 is nice speed for that size.
(10-08-2018, 09:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2018, 09:42 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hes got nice size, but there's very little speed there.

Looks like he has some speed to me and 4.5 40 at 224 is nice speed for that size.
Pro days clock faster times, from watching the cut up posted he doesnt seem to have much game speed.
(10-08-2018, 09:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

There were guys on the DL keeping up pace with him on that video you posted. They didn't chase him down, but he wasn't gaining much distance on them either.

I really don't care what he ran in underwear at the combine/pro day. Moncrief ran sub 4.4 at 6'2 and 225 at the combine and he definitely isn't running that on the field in pads. Game speed is completely different than underwear olympics speed.

At the end of the day though, Williams is a needed signing because we're hurting at RB right now. God forbid something happens to Yeldon, because we'll be royally screwed.
4.65 was the 40 speed I found on two different scouting reports. No idea where that came from though - or the 4.5.
Never heard of him, but at his proday he was timed at 4.52 in the 40. That's good, but his cone drill was super slow though 7.55. No quickness.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/arkans...l-pro-day/
(10-08-2018, 10:02 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]4.65 was the 40 speed I found on two different scouting reports.  No idea where that came from though - or the 4.5.

NFL draft scout has him at 4.50 for his pro day time. They're usually pretty good with the numbers, but 4.65 sounds a whole lot closer when watching his actual game speed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4