Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fournette will be a star
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You guys have no idea. He's young and can make a sub-par o-line look great. He fights for every yard and punishes defenders. He wears out defenses and has stamina that's unheard of. He can RUN. Scouts have compared him to Bo Jackson and Adrain Peterson for a reason. He's been a star since he stepped into LSU. He's literally a rare talent and I'm telling you that the people who doubt this pick will eventually be wearing his jersey. He is a STUD. 

Yup, eric the great dickerson called him a generation rb, im getting his jersey
I'm not even gonna argue anymore. He will be an absolute beast.
I hope he is!

Not behind this oline.
Lets hope he stays healthy and isnt lazy keeping his body in condition
Quote:Not behind this oline.

Grant was a beast in week 17...so it can be done.
They drafted him 4th overall, he better be a stud. Im being cautiously optimistic, he was my guy from the start, though QB was starting to intrigue me. Fournette is a fantastic player, but the biggest question will be our O line. Can they block for him? Fournette should be given a fair chance, and I am happy he is a Jaguar. 

Quote:They drafted him 4th overall, he better be a stud. Im being cautiously optimistic, he was my guy from the start, though QB was starting to intrigue me. Fournette is a fantastic player, but the biggest question will be our O line. Can they block for him? Fournette should be given a fair chance, and I am happy he is a Jaguar. 
^ Spot on
On top of that, he ran over 2k yards in his Junior Season. The team only averaged 4.2 yards a carry, with the longest runs by, according to ESPN, [Corey] Grant and [Chris] Ivory. Plus, he'll give alleviate some running issues, say Bortles comes to mind. [Blake] Bortles will be able to focus more on the passing than running it down field all the time. That's another plus! 

I am warming up to Fournette.  Just not sure he can be a 3 down back.   So Cook anyone?  lol

Quote:I am warming up to Fournette.  Just not sure he can be a 3 down back.   So Cook anyone?  lol
Fournette is the definition of a bell cow. Hes an every down back. Whether that transitions to the NFL....thats too be seen. For me whats interesting is what they will do with Ivory and Yeldon. Ivory is Fournette, but not as talented. They play the same way, Yeldon would be a good compliment to Fournette on 3rd downs, plus is cheap. 

Maybe they explore a trade with Ivory. But I find it hard to see the purpose of Fournette being spelled by Ivory. 
Quote:Fournette is the definition of a bell cow. Hes an every down back. Whether that transitions to the NFL....thats too be seen. For me whats interesting is what they will do with Ivory and Yeldon. Ivory is Fournette, but not as talented. They play the same way, Yeldon would be a good compliment to Fournette on 3rd downs, plus is cheap. 

Maybe they explore a trade with Ivory. But I find it hard to see the purpose of Fournette being spelled by Ivory. 
Who's going to want to take on Ivory's contract though? After this season, his contract only continues to get higher in $$.

There's an out in the contract after this season though. It'll have a $3mil dead cap hit, but it'd be better then paying him $6mil+++ per year to be a back up RB.

I see us rolling with all 4 of them this season and moving on from Ivory next year.

Yeldon is the 3rd down back. He's far and away the best pass catching RB and best pass blocking RB on this roster. Even with Fournette added.
The line will be good. You got Marrone and Flaherty coaching. Coughlin ensuring that the line gets the reps needed to get stronger blocking against the run.
Quote:You guys have no idea. He's young and can make a sub-par o-line look great
. He fights for every yard and punishes defenders. He wears out defenses and has stamina that's unheard of. He can RUN. Scouts have compared him to Bo Jackson and Adrain Peterson for a reason. He's been a star since he stepped into LSU. He's literally a rare talent and I'm telling you that the people who doubt this pick will eventually be wearing his jersey. He is a STUD. 
I believe the evidence says otherwise:

Wisconsin (all plays)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkolQsVVNBw

Alabama (all plays)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ysP3VfoM80

He might be good, but the characteristic you just described doesn't fit IMO. Even tho I agree about him fighting for yards and being fast. Not having wiggle or good cutback ability hurts when your line doesn't get push.

Quote:I am warming up to Fournette. Just not sure he can be a 3 down back. So Cook anyone? lol

He's a 4 down back. Don't fool yourself. I linked a video for you in the other thread. He has a nasty spin move, he outran DBs, he can take it 80 yards from shotgun. He can catch 1-handed. He can bully his way over smaller players. He can jump from 5 yards out to score. He can leap over piles at the goal line.

Remember in super tecmo bowl on the Super Nintendo? When you can press X and he will dive over the pile. Well he was doing that.

He never got caught from behind. And he has a nasty little juke.
Quote:I believe the evidence says otherwise:

Wisconsin
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkolQsVVNBw'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkolQsVVNBw</a>

Alabama
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ysP3VfoM80'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ysP3VfoM80</a>

He might be good, but the characteristic you just described doesn't fit IMO. Even tho I agree about him fighting for yards and being fast. Not having wiggle or good cutback ability hurts when your line doesn't get push.

Go to YouTube and type in Leonard Fournette highlights and go watch his 8 minute video. Be an honest man. MAN TO MAN...and tell me if he don't have any wiggle or not.

He has plenty of wiggle. It's called stick a foot in the ground and beat them to the spot. Then he turns on enough speed to not be ran down from behind.

I swear on my kids that he has wiggle and speed.

So it won't hurt him at all. Go watch his highlights.

If you can't find it, then I put a link in another thread.
Quote:Go to YouTube and type in Leonard Fournette highlights and go watch his 8 minute video. Be an honest man. MAN TO MAN...and tell me if he don't have any wiggle or not.

He has plenty of wiggle. It's called stick a foot in the ground and beat them to the spot. Then he turns on enough speed to not be ran down from behind.

I swear on my kids that he has wiggle and speed.

So it won't hurt him at all. Go watch his highlights.

If you can't find it, then I put a link in another thread.
Hes a north south runner with stiff hips. I did see your highlight video, but that's highlights, if you really want to know how a player is you watch the all plays against the best opponents. I get that hes super fast, and powerful, but he runs way upright, has a high CoG, doesn't make the greatest reads, and can't cutback well. That spin move is his only one. He is in no way slippery like Cook. I still think he will be good, but with our line (as it is today), hes gonna have some trouble. We don't make holes or get good push. 

All that said, I see he has some elite tools (speed and strength), and I am glad hes coming, but he is gonna get swarmed behind our line in its current state. But the good news is he is such a threat to go all the way that it will probably open up the top of the field for Blake (and hopefully he will deliver).  I am hoping we get that Alabama tackle Robinson and put him at guard. We need a mauler.

Heres a former NFL network scouts opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ortq29_UU

Quote:Hes a north south runner with stiff hips. I did see your highlight video, but that's highlights, if you really want to know how a player is you watch the all plays against the best opponents. I get that hes super fast, and powerful, but he runs way upright, has a high CoG, doesn't make the greatest reads, and can't cutback well. That spin move is his only one. He is in no way slippery like Cook. I still think he will be good, but with our line (as it is today), hes gonna have some trouble. We don't make holes or get good push.

All that said, I see he has some elite tools (speed and strength), and I am glad hes coming, but he is gonna get swarmed behind our line in its current state. But the good news is he is such a threat to go all the way that it will probably open up the top of the field for Blake (and hopefully he will deliver). I am hoping we get that Alabama tackle Robinson and put him at guard. We need a mauler.

Heres a former NFL network scouts opinion: <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ortq29_UU'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27ortq29_UU</a>

I hear you but he can't break 1 every time he touched the ball. It's those flashes that shows you he does have wiggle and he's plenty fast enough.

He don't cut back much because he punishes guys. He just runs through them.

If we needed a cutback runner then we would have targeted Cook. But we already have a cutback in Yeldon.

So we got our guy. His positives out weigh his negatives.
You folks shouldn't be getting so excited. Remember the new unofficial Jaguars slogan: Wait and see.
Pages: 1 2 3 4