Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: New Article on Blake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-on-sbliii

New Article on BB5 was a decent read not going to change anyones mind one way or the other though.
I like the kid and I like his attitude. I love how tough and resilient he is. He's easy to root for in that way.

I just wish like hell he could consistently throw accurate passes with the football. And that's seriously looking like a pipe dream that will never come to pass.
Hopefully we will be thanking Malcolm Jenkins and listening to Malik trash him after we beat the Eagles
(10-25-2018, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I like the kid and I like his attitude. I love how tough and resilient he is. He's easy to root for in that way.

I just wish like hell he could consistently throw accurate passes with the football.  And that's seriously looking like a pipe dream that will never come to pass.

After last year and the first four games this year, some of us dared to believe he had turned the corner.  I still like him.  He's still the only viable option for the present, imo.  But I'm not sure he will ever "arrive".
(10-25-2018, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I like the kid and I like his attitude. I love how tough and resilient he is. He's easy to root for in that way.

I just wish like hell he could consistently throw accurate passes with the football.  And that's seriously looking like a pipe dream that will never come to pass.

That is Blake in a nutshell. Some QB's crack at the first sign of pressure or criticism but he has taken it from the start of his career. He's not afraid to put his body on the line and he's always healthy. He's a tough QB.

You saw the glimpses of what he could do but he's never been able to put it all together consistently. Every time he starts playing well and getting some confidence, he'll make a brain fart and back to square 1.

I don't have a problem if we move on from him, I just think some people are forgetting how hard it is to find a franchise QB. Plenty of teams been looking for one for decades (Dolphins, Bills, Redskins, Browns, Vikings, Broncos, Jets, Rams)
Man, I don't know what to think anymore. I've always like him, his attitude, and his toughness. But I've hated his inconsistency. But I always gave him the benefit of the doubt with how inconsistent our team was; different coordinators, different players on offense every year. He didn't have any consistency either. And this year the offense has been destroyed by injuries. But after the team seemed to be imploding, I thought it was time. But they leaders on defense say this and I have to wonder if they are just "talking" like Jalen said. And who the heck was Yannick jawing with? I don't know what to think anymore with this team.
Bortles has a great personnely for a football player. He takes what medeia,and everyone gives him. he goes with it. Thats the reason a lot of the HCS,players,and radio guys in jacksonville love him so much. He may not be best QB in nfl,or even best on the team as far as consissty,but the one thing he is consienient in is takeing all the bad talk about him in,and not makkeing a big deal of it.
I still find it odd that so many players go out of their way to trash the guy.

Yeah, he's not a great QB. But I really don't hear all these punks talking smack about all the other crappy QBs that have come and gone.

Maybe it has to do with his longevity? Like most really bad QBs are gone after a season or two... and this crappy QB keeps beating some teams and it really irks them.
I know some of it (like Jenkins) has to do with some love fest with Crappernick.... but it seems weird to me that so many people have a hard on for knocking Bortles.
(10-25-2018, 12:35 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I still find it odd that so many players go out of their way to trash the guy.

Yeah, he's not a great QB. But I really don't hear all these punks talking smack about all the other crappy QBs that have come and gone.

Maybe it has to do with his longevity? Like most really bad QBs are gone after a season or two... and this crappy QB keeps beating some teams and it really irks them.
I know some of it (like Jenkins) has to do with some love fest with Crappernick.... but it seems weird to me that so many people have a hard on for knocking Bortles.

Kaep had opportunity to play and wouldn't sign.  I dismiss the talking points about him.

For Bortles, He isn't an NFL QB.  I would love for him to succeed but he can barely throw a football.  Big project of a QB and big mistake.  It is hard to find a franchise QB.  Heck I don't think we've ever had one.  Mark came close but he was a second tier guy.
Blake is starting to crack. On his second fumble last Sunday he laid there on the field with his head in his hands for a couple moments....he knew he screwed up, AGAIN.

He's mentally shot.
RG3, Jacoby Brisset, Matt Cassel, Ryan Fitzpatrick

are all better than blake.

Just offer a 5th or 6th for one of these guys
I like Blake as a person. I don't like him as a starting QB. It's pretty obvious that the offense has been designed to hide his limitations. Even with that, the offense still is inept unless we have running backs that can carry the load. In that case, we are not really using a QB to it's full potential. Our QB is just a game manager who either hands the ball off or makes short, simple, and safe throws.
If we sign Kaep, I won't watch another game
(10-25-2018, 01:27 PM)tjax03 Wrote: [ -> ]RG3, Jacoby Brisset, Matt Cassel, Ryan Fitzpatrick

Cassel and Fitz will die behind this OL

STOP lol

I wouldn't be against acquiring Brisset or RG3 if they are cheap off season additions.
At this point I'd welcome a ton of QB competition into camp.

(10-25-2018, 02:29 PM)Haterade Wrote: [ -> ]If we sign Kaep, I won't watch another game

I'd still watch football.
Just not Jag games lol
(10-25-2018, 02:29 PM)Haterade Wrote: [ -> ]If we sign Kaep, I won't watch another game

If we sign Kaep, then Khan probably does have plans to move the team to London.
(10-25-2018, 03:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]

If we sign Kaep, then Khan probably does have plans to move the team to London.

Haha. Yeah - dude is no dummy. 
He knows what that player would do to his bottom line in a military town. 

Not happening.
(10-25-2018, 03:43 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2018, 03:30 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]If we sign Kaep, then Khan probably does have plans to move the team to London.

Haha. Yeah - dude is no dummy. 
He knows what that player would do to his bottom line in a military town. 

Not happening.

Nothing to worry about.  Guy doesn't want to play football.  He is now a prop used by talking heads to push a narrative.  The counter to everyone of their arguments is yeah but Blaine Gabbert beat him out in an QB competition.  And yeah Gabbert is on a roster as well.
Blake is not or ever will be a consistent NFL Qb.  After 5 years we are still wishing he would be accurate.

There are traits like his toughness, size, and athletic ability that are very admirable.  Accuracy, Football IQ, and Consistency is alway struggle.  Barring some kind of amazing game spark this Sunday, I think it's time to put this pony out to pasture.  Kessler deserves to start this Sunday but wonder if some politics are involved with Blake starting again considering they just gave him a big pay day.
(10-25-2018, 06:37 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Blake is not or ever will be a consistent NFL Qb.  After 5 years we are still wishing he would be accurate.

There are traits like his toughness, size, and athletic ability that are very admirable.  Accuracy, Football IQ, and Consistency is alway struggle.  Barring some kind of amazing game spark this Sunday, I think it's time to put this pony out to pasture.  Kessler deserves to start this Sunday but wonder  if some politics are involved with Blake starting again considering they just gave him a big pay day.

Fixed your post for you.  Anyone that thinks Kessler should start is seriously misguided.
(10-25-2018, 01:27 PM)tjax03 Wrote: [ -> ]RG3, Jacoby Brisset, Matt Cassel, Ryan Fitzpatrick

The only one I'd even consider acquiring would be Brissett since he's young and shown some flashes of being decent. RG3, Cassel, and Fitz aren't going to salvage this season or be long term options. I'd take Kessler over RG3/Cassel and since Fitz already had his 3-4 good games per season already, so I'd probably take Kessler over him too.
Pages: 1 2 3