Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hurns/Robinson depatures was a really good thing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I will give Caldwell some credit and it looks like letting Robinson and Hurns go was a great decision.

After 8 games:

Robinson: 25 catches for 285 yds and 2 Td's.  His hamstring is hurt again as well. 

Hurns:  14 catches for 181 yds and 2Tds.
Yep. They're just guys. And we don't have to overpay for them.
Arob is good but no idea how he would recover from injury.

Hurrns we could of had cheap, possession guy I wish we kept him.
Both players are better than Cole and moncrief.
Hurns is 6 mil a year. Not exactly super cheap.
(11-07-2018, 11:03 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Hurns is 6 mil a year.  Not exactly super cheap.

I'll take Hurns at 6 million over Moncrief at 9 and a half.
Hurnns, was solid here was a great 2/3 guy. He's being paid 6 to be there number 2.
(11-07-2018, 11:19 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2018, 11:03 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]Hurns is 6 mil a year.  Not exactly super cheap.

I'll take Hurns at 6 million over Moncrief at 9 and a half.
Facts... our terrible free agent woes continue, smh... we should draft a time machine and tell keenan and jimmy to jump in

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Caldwell only gets a pass if he improved our passing offense, which he didn’t. In fact it’s worse. Signing Moncrief to nearly $10m/year is completely laughable. Drafting Chark was laughable. Our WRs are probably the worst in the league.
Like someone else in here already said, i'd take Hurns over Cole or Moncrief any day. I understand why they let him go, but it still sucks.

I hope they make the entire offense a strong focus in the draft this next year, but I won't be surprised if the first round pick gets botched again. It's becoming a habit as of late. Although the jury is still out on Taven as of yet
(11-07-2018, 09:47 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I will give Caldwell some credit and it looks like letting Robinson and Hurns go was a great decision.

After 8 games:

Robinson: 25 catches for 285 yds and 2 Td's.  His hamstring is hurt again as well. 

Moncrief gives it half of his all if he's the target. He gives virtually nothing if he's not. There's no questioning Cole's raw talent, but a receiver can have all the talent in the world and still be utterly useless if he can't catch. Just ask Alvis Whitted. Jury's out on Chark.

I wish we'd kept Hurns. He'd have better stats than Moncrief, put more effort into it and be cheaper.
(11-08-2018, 02:09 AM)Jords808 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2018, 11:19 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take Hurns at 6 million over Moncrief at 9 and a half.
Facts... our terrible free agent woes continue, smh... we should draft a time machine and tell keenan and jimmy to jump in

Problem is we still wouldn't have a QB who could get the ball to them!  Tell Mark to jump in too.
(11-08-2018, 09:37 AM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2018, 09:47 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I will give Caldwell some credit and it looks like letting Robinson and Hurns go was a great decision.

After 8 games:

Moncrief gives it half of his all if he's the target. He gives virtually nothing if he's not. There's no questioning Cole's raw talent, but a receiver can have all the talent in the world and still be utterly useless if he can't catch. Just ask Alvis Whitted. Jury's out on Chark.

I wish we'd kept Hurns. He'd have better stats than Moncrief, put more effort into it and be cheaper.

I've been telling folks that Moncrief isn't playing hard at all. If he would go full speed he would have at least 4 or so TDs that I can count from memory.

(11-08-2018, 09:50 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2018, 02:09 AM)Jords808 Wrote: [ -> ]Facts... our terrible free agent woes continue, smh... we should draft a time machine and tell keenan and jimmy to jump in

Problem is we still wouldn't have a QB who could get the ball to them!  Tell Mark to jump in too.

When he gets to them they drop the ball. What's your response to that now?

After 8 games:

What was it Vic always used to say?  "Receivers are a dime a dozen."
Stats in a vacuum.

Just remember, these guys went to teams that use them differently than we would. In Robinson's case, he isn't even the primary weapon.
Hurns went to a team with a QB as bad as ours, with expectations beyond his skill set imo. He also went to a franchise quite possibly more dysfunctional than us or the Browns.

Maybe those guys have better stats here?
Or in New England?

We'll never really know. Don't know how many drops Hurns had here, but I bet its fewer than Cole.
Don't know how many high point balls our guys have gone up to get, but Arob could definitely have nabbed a few.

But sure... yay Caldwell for letting those guys walk and paying Moncrief and Lee instead
(11-07-2018, 11:19 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take Hurns at 6 million over Moncrief at 9 and a half.
In a heart beat. Hurns put more effort into one route than Moncrief does entire games.
A-Rob is a stud and Hurns has more heart than any two of our current receivers combined.

A-Rob made a mistake for trading Bortles for Trubisky and we made a mistake letting Hurns walk. Both those guys would be upgrades on our team.
Arob must be sooo annoyed he finally escaped a bad QB and landed with another!
(11-08-2018, 11:38 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]
In a heart beat. Hurns put more effort into one route than Moncrief does entire games.

(11-08-2018, 11:46 AM)Inziladun Wrote: [ -> ]A-Rob is a stud and Hurns has more heart than any two of our current receivers combined.

A-Rob made a mistake for trading Bortles for Trubisky and we made a mistake letting Hurns walk. Both those guys would be upgrades on our team.

I think the issue we really need to look at is that now that Blake doesn't have Hurns, he has no one to throw into the concussion protocol program. Cause Moncrief and Cole aint having it.

Either Moncrief aint trying or Cole will drop it.

I've seen Chark catch in traffic and take a hit.
A-Rob and Hurns were simply a product of playing with a great QB.   KInd of like Danny Amendola
Pages: 1 2 3 4