Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: fournette upset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
a lot of reports came out fournette was screaming at the OC? anyone know anything about this 

curious
Where are said reports? I haven’t seen any.
it was all over NFL network this morning. burleson and bush and all them talking about it

they had audio and camera of fournette screaming at OC

just wonder if he’s not hitting the right holes or he’s calling out linemen
Screaming at what? His 14 carries or his 36 yards? Im confused at what he might be angry at.
that’s why i’m asking lol

avg like 2.0 ypc

i know our line sucks but i was just curious why he was mad. at himself or the play calling is the line
Can't find anything about it searching the web.
I did see him yelling at someone on the sideline, but I just chalked it up to general frustration.
He couldn't make anything happen behind that line. Had to be infuriating.
But he missed some blocks that could have given him some yardage too. Missed a TD opportunity during that goal line fail as well.

Don't blame him for being frustrated, but he didn't really hold up his end either IMO.
He was visibly frustrated after that holding call called back a 13-yard conversion for a first down, and then when a second called back another 6-yard conversion for a first down. Those penalties just killed the drive, although that second holding call was not even close to possibly being holding. That was as bad a call as they get.

I think he was just upset because he was watching Henry thinking, "that should be me."
the one block in the back was one of the worst call i’ve ever seen
Ever since that ol McCormick came into my work the week fowlwr was traded he said 27 wouldn't be here long in starting to see why
Jesus another thread from this guy? Feel like my IQ has dropped by at least 30 reading this guys posts
(12-07-2018, 12:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]He was visibly frustrated after that holding call called back a 13-yard conversion for a first down, and then when a second called back another 6-yard conversion for a first down. Those penalties just killed the drive, although that second holding call was not even close to possibly being holding. That was as bad a call as they get.

I think he was just upset because he was watching Henry thinking, "that should be me."

I think it was around the time of the second holding call that the announcer talked about the NFL wanting holding called more that I turned the game off.

Clearly the NFL must have said it wants it called more against the Jaguars, because our defense is constantly getting held without any flags being thrown, and last night wasn't an exception. The Jaguars seem to get called for holding at about 3-4 times the rate of other teams i watch.
(12-07-2018, 12:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: [ -> ]He was visibly frustrated after that holding call called back a 13-yard conversion for a first down, and then when a second called back another 6-yard conversion for a first down. Those penalties just killed the drive, although that second holding call was not even close to possibly being holding. That was as bad a call as they get.

He wishes he were that good.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...continues/

That article pretty much sums up his tenure here so far. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they traded him away at this point. If he wasn't such a selfish person I wouldn't mind him being here with his injuries. We went through this with Fred Taylor. Fred was never this selfish and immature though.

But he missed a team photo last year and got suspended for it. Then, during a game where he's pretty much rolling towards well over 100 yards on the day he goes out and throws punches like it's no big deal. 

He's an idiot. The fact that they traded for Hyde is telling. I don't think it was a desperation move at all. I think there's a good chance they look to get out of this deal with Fournette at some point. He's not really holding up well physically. You've heard rumblings about his hamstring injury all year where pretty much people were questioning his heart and toughness locally and nationally. 

At this point. Sign Yeldon back. Let's see where Grant is at in the off-season and let's give Hyde the starting job. Ship Fournette off.  And you can pack up David Caldwell's [BLEEP] too and send him off with him. Along with Bortles. Good riddance.
and PFT just had to remind us of this....."The Jaguars’ decision to draft Fournette fourth overall in 2017 looks even worse in hindsight when Patrick Mahomes went 10th overall and Deshaun Watson went 12th overall, and they look like two of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL."
(12-07-2018, 02:08 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...continues/

That article pretty much sums up his tenure here so far. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they traded him away at this point. If he wasn't such a selfish person I wouldn't mind him being here. But he missed a team photo last year and got suspended for it. Then, during a game where he's pretty much rolling towards well over 100 yards on the day he goes out and throws punches like it's no big deal. 

He's an idiot. The fact that they traded for Hyde is telling. I don't think it was a desperation move at all. I think there's a good chance they look to get out of this deal with Fournette at some point. He's not really holding up well physically. You've heard rumblings about his hamstring injury all year where pretty much people were questioning his heart and toughness locally and nationally. 

At this point. Sign Yeldon back. Let's see where Grant's at in the off-season and let's give Hyde the starting job. Ship Fournette off.  And you can pack up David Caldwell's [BLEEP] too and send him off with him. Along with Bortles. Good riddance.

I hate to agree, but your points are valid. But we can't really judge his play with such a crappy line and no QB to move linebackers back. Until we get a genuine qb, he will have trouble. But I can't defend his decision making and immaturity. He needs to grow up and take better care of his body; especially wearing that captain logo. Im ok with keeping him, but if he makes another bonehead decision, bye bye 27.

(12-07-2018, 02:13 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]and PFT just had to remind us of this....."The Jaguars’ decision to draft Fournette fourth overall in 2017 looks even worse in hindsight when Patrick Mahomes went 10th overall and Deshaun Watson went 12th overall, and they look like two of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL."

Yep. But nobody wanted to give up on Bortles yet.... and that's really cost our team.
(12-07-2018, 02:13 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]and PFT just had to remind us of this....."The Jaguars’ decision to draft Fournette fourth overall in 2017 looks even worse in hindsight when Patrick Mahomes went 10th overall and Deshaun Watson went 12th overall, and they look like two of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL."

I will say one thing.

Mahomes has Hill, Watkins/Benjamin (don't @ me), and Kelce. (He also HAD Hunt)

Watson has Hopkins, Miller, D. Thomas, and Fuller

We have Westbrook and (sometimes) Fournette.
What’s he mad at? The fact that he has no wiggle, that he can’t make anyone miss, or that he has piss poor vision? Or the fact that he’s missed close to half of his games since being drafted?
Fournette is LOL. The whole team is LOL. Fowler's demeanor was a direct mirror of all the defensive players on the team. Frustrated and angry which affects their play and causes all of these penalties. It's quite obvious now. Campbell and Bouye don't care b/c they are hired guns and have no stake in this franchise at all. That's why they can be so chill. They get paid and life goes on. Which is why I facepalm at all these dumb fans saying to keep them because of their leadership. They are confusing apathy for leadership. It's hilarious.

Pretty much every team team in the league passed on Tom Brady five times.  There is no crystal ball.  If they knew what Mahomes would become, I'm sure they would have drafted him.
(12-07-2018, 02:21 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: [ -> ]Fournette is LOL. The whole team is LOL. Fowler's demeanor was a direct mirror of all the defensive players on the team. Frustrated and angry which affects their play and causes all of these penalties. It's quite obvious now. Campbell and Bouye don't care b/c they are hired guns and have no stake in this franchise at all. That's why they can be so chill. They get paid and life goes on. Which is why I facepalm at all these dumb fans saying to keep them because of their leadership. They are confusing apathy for leadership. It's hilarious.

Bouye and Campbell?

Bouye has been hurt and got steered by his facemask last night and Campbell has been the most professional guy on the team and maybe the league throughout everything that has happened.

How can you call them hired guns?

Do you even try?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5