Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Would you rather (win or lose week 17)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With this season wrapping up, after the texans lose in philly, the jags end the season playing the texans. Question for you jags : would you rather beat the texans, ending the season with a division win if it means the tacks winning the division ( provided they win out) 
Or would you want to see your jags lose to the texans just to stick it to the tacks?
I'd rather the Jags win out. Then I root for the Cowboys to win it all only to see them lose first round and then i stop watching football until the superbowl where the Siants win it all.
(12-10-2018, 08:12 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]With this season wrapping up, after the texans lose in philly, the jags end the season playing the texans. Question for you jags : would you rather beat the texans, ending the season with a division win if it means the tacks winning the division ( provided they win out) 
Or would you want to see your jags lose to the texans just to stick it to the tacks?

Tank for the draft. 

Wins mean nothing at this point.  Best to lose out and guarantee a complete house cleaning of the coaches and FO staff..
(12-10-2018, 08:12 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: [ -> ]With this season wrapping up, after the texans lose in philly, the jags end the season playing the texans. Question for you jags : would you rather beat the texans, ending the season with a division win if it means the tacks winning the division ( provided they win out) 

I’d rather just lose so we can get a higher draft pick.  I don’t care about Texans vs Titans. 
We suck this year and I frankly don’t think we will be able to compete and win with the offensive line the way that it is.

I’d rather just lose so we can get a higher draft pick.  I don’t care about Texans vs Titans. 
We suck this year and I frankly don’t think we will be able to compete and win with the offensive line the way that it is.
Don't tank, but do take a look at younger players at positions likely to lose a starter, like what they're doing with Harrison. If there's a QB that the Jaguars really like and they're a few spots away, I feel like this is the year we finally get aggressive and make a jump up for one, and next year is the first draft in team history where we don't have a first-round pick. I'd be surprised if we do much winning the rest of the year regardless, and I think the team might be taking care of the tanking whether the coaches want them to or not.
(12-10-2018, 09:51 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]Don't tank, but do take a look at younger players at positions likely to lose a starter, like what they're doing with Harrison. If there's a QB that the Jaguars really like and they're a few spots away, I feel like this is the year we finally get aggressive and make a jump up for one, and next year is the first draft in team history where we don't have a first-round pick. I'd be surprised if we do much winning the rest of the year regardless, and I think the team might be taking care of the tanking whether the coaches want them to or not.

Huh?  Of course we still have our first round pick.
I hate losing preseason games.  I will never hope my team loses a regular season game, for draft position or any other reason.
(12-10-2018, 10:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]I hate losing preseason games.  I will never hope my team loses a regular season game, for draft position or any other reason.

I feel the same. I dont care the situation i watch games wanting to win. Just curious with the tack hatred of most jag fans, is the hatred enough to make em want to lose to hurt the tacks
(12-10-2018, 10:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]I hate losing preseason games.  I will never hope my team loses a regular season game, for draft position or any other reason.

Been a rough decade huh bub.

To the original poster.  Tacks aren't making the playoffs.  Deal with it.
Why did he say it’s the first time in history we don’t have a first round pick?

Did I miss something?
I don't care it other teams tank. But I don't want my team to tank.
Win.
Win out. This team rarely lands a big name player with a premium pick anyway. So why get excited about the prospect of tanking for another top ten pick? Honestly, I would rather see them trade down if it's possible. They should still be able to draft Haskins or Grier at QB while picking up another pick or two.

With all of the potential cap casualties going into next year? And with all of the holes we currently have as it stands today on offense? I would rather see more draft picks in 2019 and 2020 to build on. Just not in the top ten based on our team's draft history.
This is similar to The Goonies. If you want something broken, you let Chunk hold it. It indirectly accomplishes the job without actually saying "I want this broken".

The same applies to this team. You let Doug and his crew game plan as normal and actually try to win the game and you end up with a loss. It all works itself out naturally.
Just win baby! Screw the Tacks!
I have no issues with tinhorns taking the division. tacks is a different story. I wouldn’t advocate for intentionally losing but now would be a good time for in-game roster evaluations! Ninja
Don't matter dude. Either team is one and done come play offs. Hate both teams. Jaguars or no one. I don't have a hierarchy of teams.
(12-11-2018, 09:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Win out. This team rarely lands a big name player with a premium pick anyway. So why get excited about the prospect of tanking for another top ten pick? 

^ have to completely agree with this, like it or not.

It's absolutely true.
I would hate for the Jags to win out on account of Cody Kessler lighting it up and then we have to pretend that he is some sort of solution to our problems.

With that said, there is a better chance of me sticking to my New Years Resolution past January than that happening.
Pages: 1 2 3