Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: now its caldwell, dougs, or coughlins fault
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what happen to its Blakes fault????? before we continue, yes Blake has problems and needs to address these issues, but in no way, it at least 75% of the issues we are having is Blakes fault. Offensive line is injured, receivers not catching it, not all was bad throws, but Kessler can not throw either, now I'm hearing all this talk about Kessler needs to go to, sorry but you need to wake up, if 2 different quarterbacks do the same exact thing week after week, that tells me its not the quarterback, yes Blake turned the ball over, yes Blake made bad throws, through the first 12 games in 2017 and the 12 games this year can anyone tell me what his stats are???? ill cut it short and save you the time, when I looked at it, he was 220ish yards lower, one less TD, and a few more INTS more then the same time in 2017. consistent stats if you ask me, but no its all Blakes fault, Blake hasn't played in 3 games, what's changed since Blake was benched?? offense still isn't scoring, defense still on the field more then they should be, we are losing for the simple fact the offense can not do anything, and its not Blake, its the offense line, fournette can not even run with this line, if Fournette can not run, Blake or Cody can not pass.

Just remember I did say Blake has issues, but if the O-line is protecting and doing what they need to, we get games like Pittsburgh and New England, if they don't, then we get the season we are having. first game Kessler was in, even the announcers said they don't see a difference from when Blake was playing or then when Kessler was playing. go figure...…

Hello why not say its cause Blake is on the sideline, its all his fault, but this is not Blakes fault, he makes mistakes trying, that's what I see, just my opinion, comments welcomed
Fire the janitor, the tshirt cannon crew, the PA guy, and the Head Usher.
(12-17-2018, 10:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Fire the janitor, the tshirt cannon crew, the PA guy, and the Head Usher.

LOL, I'm just saying this because I really don't think Blake is all that bad, sure, as I said before, he has some issues, but this isn't him, a lot of interceptions he has had are balls that have been popped up, hell i remember one he tried to throw away, hit the receiver in the foot and was intercepted. When he fumbled against Dallas twice, he was past the line of scrimmage trying to get a first down, when Cole dropped 2 3rd down passes.

Defense is fine as well, game against Pittsburgh, last 4/5 drives we had was 3 and out, the defense is good but they can not play the entire game, it's on the O-Line, and its the injuries we have had that is the root of the problem. 

The draft should be based around the Offense, O-line and Receivers. since there is an issue with the next man up when something happens.

I really hope they put Blake back in before the end of the season, Blake does need to take more of a leadership role, start talking to players when they screw up if it was me I would be gathering the defense leaving the field and telling them I want the ball back.
The defense should be doing the same, especially after a turnover, take the ball to Blake, hand it to him, and tell him it has no less than 6 points on it. 
My uncle is a coach for a high school varsity team, even he has validated my theory, I know he is only high school, but he is still a coach.

Does anyone agree with all this??? or at least see my point?
(12-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Mike Jones Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2018, 10:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Fire the janitor, the tshirt cannon crew, the PA guy, and the Head Usher.

LOL, I'm just saying this because I really don't think Blake is all that bad, sure, as I said before, he has some issues, but this isn't him, a lot of interceptions he has had are balls that have been popped up, hell i remember one he tried to throw away, hit the receiver in the foot and was intercepted. When he fumbled against Dallas twice, he was past the line of scrimmage trying to get a first down, when Cole dropped 2 3rd down passes.

Defense is fine as well, game against Pittsburgh, last 4/5 drives we had was 3 and out, the defense is good but they can not play the entire game, it's on the O-Line, and its the injuries we have had that is the root of the problem. 

The draft should be based around the Offense, O-line and Receivers. since there is an issue with the next man up when something happens.

I really hope they put Blake back in before the end of the season, Blake does need to take more of a leadership role, start talking to players when they screw up if it was me I would be gathering the defense leaving the field and telling them I want the ball back.
The defense should be doing the same, especially after a turnover, take the ball to Blake, hand it to him, and tell him it has no less than 6 points on it. 
My uncle is a coach for a high school varsity team, even he has validated my theory, I know he is only high school, but he is still a coach.

The point is Blake isn't the type of QB to lead us to the SB or carry the offense if the D struggles....sure he is fine if the D limits the opponents to 14 or less...but if its a 21+ game things get sketchy.

We don't want to end up in QB purgatory and with this upcoming draft we will have a top 5 pick...which is prime position for the 1st QB taken...so you take the QB and then go OL/TE/WR in the remaining rounds.
(12-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Mike Jones Wrote: [ -> ]

I think the issues are more complex then just the QB, so I agree in that sense. People want to blame Caldwell as well since he is responsible for putting together this roster for the most part and it's under-performing.  It's the nature of the beast, when a team falls below expectations, the QB, the GM, and the coach are the ones that get the blame first.

With that said, Bortles is not this team's future at QB. He doesn't have the franchise QB ability to overcome lack of performance by other areas of the team. Still, there *is* some talent on this roster and it's not really going to require a complete rebuild. I'd say keep the coach, keep Coughlin, let a new GM tweak the roster and see where we go from there.
(12-18-2018, 09:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Mike Jones Wrote: [ -> ]LOL, I'm just saying this because I really don't think Blake is all that bad, sure, as I said before, he has some issues, but this isn't him, a lot of interceptions he has had are balls that have been popped up, hell i remember one he tried to throw away, hit the receiver in the foot and was intercepted. When he fumbled against Dallas twice, he was past the line of scrimmage trying to get a first down, when Cole dropped 2 3rd down passes.

The point is Blake isn't the type of QB to lead us to the SB or carry the offense if the D struggles....sure he is fine if the D limits the opponents to 14 or less...but if its a 21+ game things get sketchy.

We don't want to end up in QB purgatory and with this upcoming draft we will have a top 5 pick...which is prime position for the 1st QB taken...so you take the QB and then go OL/TE/WR in the remaining rounds.

It makes no difference where you draft a QB this year none of the ones available will even end up being as good as blake. Blake is exactly the type of QB to lead and win a SB with this defense if we had a DEF OC who knew how to adjust. Blake was 1 fast whistle and 10 mins of coweredly coaching from being a SB winning QB. I agree he has not been lights out this year but with what these idiots gave him on offense by terrible play calling, terrible receivers, a #4 pick who milked a hamstring, and no oline. He should be given another shot.

My plan and this is what i would do, Draft Oline/WR 1,2,3 TE 4 then BPA. Keep Blake Bring in a more Pass/run balanced OC and see what it gets you. If we suck again great we get a early pick with a 100X better QB class in 2020. If the line improves and we get a more competent DC we should win the division and more. Then we might draft higher but there will be plenty of good QBs to move up for or draft in 2020. We dont have to eat 16.5 mil dead money and sign a FA vet that would cost 10mil  and a rookiee that would cost 4 mill.
Anyone who thought swapping out Bortles for Kessler was going to end in better results was naive at best and desperately ignorant at worst.
Anyone who thinks putting Bortles back in would net any better results is probably equally so.

Time to retool the offense and rebuild the front office and coach staff

(12-18-2018, 10:56 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 09:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]The point is Blake isn't the type of QB to lead us to the SB or carry the offense if the D struggles....sure he is fine if the D limits the opponents to 14 or less...but if its a 21+ game things get sketchy.

It makes no difference where you draft a QB this year none of the ones available will even end up being as good as blake. 

Wow... just when I thought I had heard all the worst takes about the upcoming crop of QBs....
(12-18-2018, 09:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 08:33 AM)Mike Jones Wrote: [ -> ]LOL, I'm just saying this because I really don't think Blake is all that bad, sure, as I said before, he has some issues, but this isn't him, a lot of interceptions he has had are balls that have been popped up, hell i remember one he tried to throw away, hit the receiver in the foot and was intercepted. When he fumbled against Dallas twice, he was past the line of scrimmage trying to get a first down, when Cole dropped 2 3rd down passes.

I get what u are saying. It still seems like you took a shot at Blake and missed the OP's point. With what we have now, no QB will survive. We need more talent and more playmakers.
(12-18-2018, 11:48 AM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who thought swapping out Bortles for Kessler was going to end in better results was naive at best and desperately ignorant at worst.
Anyone who thinks putting Bortles back in would net any better results is probably equally so.

Time to retool the offense and rebuild the front office and coach staff

(12-18-2018, 10:56 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]It makes no difference where you draft a QB this year none of the ones available will even end up being as good as blake. 

Wow... just when I thought I had heard all the worst takes about the upcoming crop of QBs....

Of the 93 QBs taken since 2011 when we took gabbert, Only 6 have played in a AFCCG. Luck, Kap, Cam, Foles, Blake, Wilson. I think this QB class is weak next year it will be better. but Finding a Franchise QB who can get you to the playoffs and beyond is not easy. I honestly dont think any of the QB avaialbe this year will be that franchise guy.
It's the fault of the front office and the coaching staff, but that doesn't excuse Bortles' inept play. Everyone is to blame in some capacity.
Plenty of blame to go around.

Blake single-handedly lost some games for the Jags. He had lots of help along the way though.

Ultimately - you have to point to the front office for sticking with him after 2016 IMO, but the 2018 season failure has been a perfect storm of suckage from every angle.  Not just Blake and the F.O.

Even the one thing we weren't supposed to have any concern about (the defense) found ways to give up bug chunk plays and gift wins to opponents instead of closing out games.

I have no idea who will ultimately calling shots in the draft and free agency this year, but they have a tall order to fix the offense. And whoever the coaching staff may be has a tall order to lead a talented defensive roster to better discipline and consistency.

Blame who you want - I'm focused on fixing it.
I really don't think anybody's to blame. Granted, when you're 3-10, a lot of people could have done something that would have made things better. But the biggest factor in our downfall is that we lost our whole offensive line, our #1 WR, three TEs, including our starter, and our top RB for most of the year.

I think we had a reasonable plan coming into the season. It all went south when we started losing players.

I know, anger is gratifying, so if it helps you guys to get all angry and blame various people, and call for people to get fired, fine, go ahead, but ultimately, what happened was, almost our entire offense got injured.
Our record and our situation is definitely not because of Blake and only Blake. But it is related to keeping Blake. He's just not a franchise QB and we can't afford to play with him anymore. We need a QB where there is no doubt in how he'll play consistently. Blake is not that guy. I like Blake a lot and how he carries himself and approaches the game. But he's just not consistent enough and that roles down to every position afterwards. It's time to move on and stop making excuses for him and the front office. Change is needed and should be coming.
(12-18-2018, 12:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of blame to go around.

Blake single-handedly lost some games for the Jags. He had lots of help along the way though.

Ultimately - you have to point to the front office for sticking with him after 2016 IMO, but the 2018 season failure has been a perfect storm of suckage from every angle.  Not just Blake and the F.O.

Even the one thing we weren't supposed to have any concern about (the defense) found ways to give up bug chunk plays and gift wins to opponents instead of closing out games.

I have no idea who will ultimately calling shots in the draft and free agency this year, but they have a tall order to fix the offense. And whoever the coaching staff may be has a tall order to lead a talented defensive roster to better discipline and consistency.

I respect your a opinion even if i dont agree all the time. Tell me what games this year that we lost was Blakes fault where he was the reason we lost? Houston is the only one i can come up with.
(12-18-2018, 01:46 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]

I respect your a opinion even if i dont agree all the time. Tell me what games this year that we lost was Blakes fault where he was the reason we lost? Houston is the only one i can come up with.

That comment is speaking to his career in Jacksonville, not this season.

This season I haven't bothered to analyze his performance in that way.  
What I do know is that when I re-watched his performances all year on the coaches film, I saw bad decisions, poor timing, and inaccurate passes way too often.  Open receivers that never recieved a glance - and throws that forced receivers to attempt ridiculous or impossible adjustments to the football. 

If that stuff if going on as much as it did, you don't need to point to specific drives or incompletions costing the game, because it all adds up as a major contributing factor.

Man. So Blake was responsible for one loss this season? One? 

I have no clue how someone can watch these games and come away with this thought.

(12-18-2018, 10:56 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 09:08 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: [ -> ]The point is Blake isn't the type of QB to lead us to the SB or carry the offense if the D struggles....sure he is fine if the D limits the opponents to 14 or less...but if its a 21+ game things get sketchy.

It makes no difference where you draft a QB this year none of the ones available will even end up being as good as blake. Blake is exactly the type of QB to lead and win a SB with this defense if we had a DEF OC who knew how to adjust. Blake was 1 fast whistle and 10 mins of coweredly coaching from being a SB winning QB. I agree he has not been lights out this year but with what these idiots gave him on offense by terrible play calling, terrible receivers, a #4 pick who milked a hamstring, and no oline. He should be given another shot.

My plan and this is what i would do, Draft Oline/WR 1,2,3 TE 4 then BPA. Keep Blake Bring in a more Pass/run balanced OC and see what it gets you. If we suck again great we get a early pick with a 100X better QB class in 2020. If the line improves and we get a more competent DC we should win the division and more. Then we might draft higher but there will be plenty of good QBs to move up for or draft in 2020. We dont have to eat 16.5 mil dead money and sign a FA vet that would cost 10mil  and a rookiee that would cost 4 mill.
There is so much wrong in this post that I don't think I'm going to attempt it.(well maybe a little)

But I will talk about 1. You literally have no clue how this QB class will do in the NFL. Watson and Mahomes were a part of a weak QB class. Blake shouldn't be "given" anything. He has had 5 years to improve and he hasn't. Go check his numbers. He is the same QB now as he always has been but the difference is that he isn't asked to throw the ball much.

Bortles had 5 turnovers the Chiefs game. Not to mention some terrible passes when we were still in it...  like hitting his own lineman in the back of the helmet on a crucial play in the redzone during the first half.
Chiefs game was the game that this team became unglued.

The defense was proven they were not elite, Marrone tried going for it on 4th down twice, when on the first he should have just kicked a field goal to make it a one score game 10 - 7.

And Blake or most any other QB should not have thrown it 60 times in a game.

2 of the Ints were garbage ints.

Marrone could have shown more leadership in that game IMO. He needed to slow the game down and not allow the pass happy approach.
(12-18-2018, 02:14 PM)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 01:46 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]I respect your a opinion even if i dont agree all the time. Tell me what games this year that we lost was Blakes fault where he was the reason we lost? Houston is the only one i can come up with.

Bortles had 5 turnovers the Chiefs game. Not to mention some terrible passes when we were still in it...  like hitting his own lineman in the back of the helmet on a crucial play in the redzone during the first half.

The chiefs game was lost by the idiotic coaching staff. We ran the ball 10 times in a row for 50 yards down the chiefs throat. Got to the 3 yard line where it was 3rd and 1 for a first and 3 yards for a TD. This is the moment our season was lost. The idiot coaches decided that was the time to pass the ball on 3rd down and then on 4th down.  If we had scored there we go into half time 10-7 and our defense was causing more problems for theifs. So after failing the cheifs march 97 yards to score a TD. After that these morons decided the run wich was working as it should should be abandoned and threw it 61 times but we are a running team and the run was working. The loss is completely on the idiot coaching.
(12-18-2018, 02:30 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 02:14 PM)Steve Wrote: [ -> ] 

The chiefs game was lost by the idiotic coaching staff. We ran the ball 10 times in a row for 50 yards down the chiefs throat. Got to the 3 yard line where it was 3rd and 1 for a first and 3 yards for a TD. This is the moment our season was lost. The idiot coaches decided that was the time to pass the ball on 3rd down and then on 4th down.  If we had scored there we go into half time 10-7 and our defense was causing more problems for theifs. So after failing the cheifs march 97 yards to score a TD. After that these morons decided the run wich was working as it should should be abandoned and threw it 61 times but we are a running team and the run was working. The loss is completely on the idiot coaching.
You have excuses for Blake in just about every game. We know. You've been saying it for weeks now.

He won't be back next year so let's just move on. Cool?
Pages: 1 2 3