Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: TWO GOOD PLAYERS TAKEN OFF OUR PRACTICE SQUAD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The packers swiped Lazard and the seahawks swiped Bo Scarborogh
Ugh

That stinks.
Was hoping Lazard might get some snaps this week.
yea the rams just realeasd pharoh cooper wr/kr was he any good?
I was hoping we were going to waive Rashad Greene to bring up Lazard these past few games...whatever.
(12-18-2018, 05:51 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping we were going to waive Rashad Greene to bring up Lazard these past few games...whatever.

Agreed,  another horrible decision by the front office
Who was our last practice squad player who became a star?
A thread whining about players signed off of the practice squad?  Really?

Neither player has any chance of making a difference for any team this season.  There is a reason that they were on the practice squad.
Yeah Lazard should have played
(12-18-2018, 06:11 PM)lastonealive Wrote: [ -> ]Who was our last practice squad player who became a star?

Such a player probably doesn't exist, but guys like Mickens who make meaningful contribution are the reasons why you develop guys there. 

The squealers' James Harrison and Alejandro Villanueva both started out on the team's practice squad.
(12-18-2018, 06:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Lazard should have played

Why?
(12-18-2018, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

With Cole regressed and untrusted --  and Chark injured and inactive, this point in a lost season is a great time to evaluate young talent like Lazard.  

Lazard - had he been elevated last week may have shown whether he was worth a roster spot next year. 

Like most PS players, it's a longshot, but now another team is afforded the off chance at a cheap, albeit unlikely contributor. 

It's not a big deal, but this team lacks big targets in the pass game, and Lazard was certainly big if nothing else.
(12-18-2018, 06:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

Young player with potential and a unique skillset. Perfect time to see what you have in a lost season.. 

Especially when you are playing someone like Greene over him.

For instance the Jaguars set out to get David Williams more burn so they can go into the offseason with more intel on him. The same should have happened with Lazard, even if he ends up being nothing
(12-18-2018, 05:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 05:51 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping we were going to waive Rashad Greene to bring up Lazard these past few games...whatever.

Agreed,  another horrible decision by the front office

This. Why is Greene still on this roster? We should be looking at players who actually might contribute next year...
Kessler is atrocious, if they are set on not starting Blake they mind as well call up and start Tanner Lee and see what you got in your 6th round pick.
(12-18-2018, 06:19 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]A thread whining about players signed off of the practice squad?  Really?

Neither player has any chance of making a difference for any team this season.  There is a reason that they were on the practice squad.

This isnt about making a difference this season. This is about the future
(12-18-2018, 05:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh

That stinks.

With all the future Hall of Famers we have at receiver, one would imagine that if Lazard had shown anything worth game reps, he'd have been promoted already.
And with the OL being in the shape it is in do we really think we'd get any kind of real read on Lazard or (god forbid) Tanner Lee?

The coaches are still trying to win games. Their careers depend on it.
(12-18-2018, 09:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 05:23 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Ugh

That stinks.

With all the future Hall of Famers we have at receiver, one would imagine that if Lazard had shown anything worth game reps, he'd have been promoted already.

You trust this front office to properly evaluate talent?  

If that was the case, we wouldn't have signed Bortles to a contract extension - or drafted him in the first place.  

There was nothing to lose by waiving Greene and bringing Lazard up for some game experience.  You know what you have in Greene, you don't know about Lazard.
(12-18-2018, 11:29 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2018, 09:11 PM)TJBender Wrote: [ -> ]With all the future Hall of Famers we have at receiver, one would imagine that if Lazard had shown anything worth game reps, he'd have been promoted already.

You trust this front office to properly evaluate talent?  

If that was the case, we wouldn't have signed Bortles to a contract extension - or drafted him in the first place.  

There was nothing to lose by waiving Greene and bringing Lazard up for some game experience.  You know what you have in Greene, you don't know about Lazard.

Actually, if you've been watching a guy practice every day since July, odds are you know what you have in him. Maybe the team thinks that Greene's versatility is worth more than Lazard's height? I'm not saying Greene is any good, but I'm not going to say Lazard's any good either. All we know is that he's a wide receiver in a tight end's body, and apparently that wasn't enough to get him onto this roster.
I had hopes for Lazard when I thought he might try transitioning to a move TE. I don't think we'll be missing much as long as he stays at WR.
Pages: 1 2 3