Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tyrone Wheatley, RB coach fired (merged)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Not a shocker after what's going on with our RBs
Good. Dude turned all our RBs into POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oline coach next?
(12-31-2018, 09:55 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: [ -> ]Oline coach next?

No, we have a good oline coach. Doesnt matter who the coach was with all the injuries we had.
What a disgrace. Throwing position coaches under the bus.   

Hobby has done a good job. Pat Flahety is an excellent Oline coach who had us playing great last year despite minimal talent. No way any coach could have made a good line from what we had this year. Perry Fewell had DJ Hayden playing great, granted im not as mad about him going as the other two. DB play could have been much better.   

The interesting parts to me are A) Wash staying and B) Tom is firing his boys, the guys he specifically brought in to steady the ship. 

I'll be very surprised if they find an oline coach as good as Flaherty on the market, his track record speaks for himself

Yes
(12-31-2018, 09:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

No, we have a good oline coach. Doesnt matter who the coach was with all the injuries we had.

He was fired too
(12-31-2018, 10:21 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes

You dont think Flaherty is good?
https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...78465?s=21

(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 10:21 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]Yes

You dont think Flaherty is good?

See tweet above.

I seem to recall Marrone also started working directly with the O-Line as well as the season went on (Flowers etc) Not a good look if the boss has to do your job.
(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 09:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]No, we have a good oline coach. Doesnt matter who the coach was with all the injuries we had.

He was fired too

Who?
(12-31-2018, 10:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]He was fired too

Who?

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/10...09216?s=21
(12-31-2018, 10:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]He was fired too

Who?

Pat Flaherty. So was Hobby and Perry Fewell
(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...78465?s=21

(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]You dont think Flaherty is good?

See tweet above.

I seem to recall Marrone also started working directly with the O-Line as well as the season went on (Flowers etc)  Not a good look if the boss has to do your job.

I dont think the greatest oline coach of all time could of done anything with the injuries we had to it.  Maybe they have an upgrade in mind

(12-31-2018, 10:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 10:25 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Who?

Pat Flaherty. So was Hobby and Perry Fewell

Damn, it was more of talent and injuries than coaching on the oline but maybe they have an upgrade in mind

I wonder if Wash stays
(12-31-2018, 10:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...78465?s=21

See tweet above.

I seem to recall Marrone also started working directly with the O-Line as well as the season went on (Flowers etc)  Not a good look if the boss has to do your job.

I dont think the greatest oline coach of all time could of done anything with the injuries we had to it.  Maybe they have an upgrade in mind

(12-31-2018, 10:26 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Pat Flaherty. So was Hobby and Perry Fewell

Damn, it was more of talent and injuries than coaching on the oline but maybe they have an upgrade in mind

I wonder if Wash stays

They won't find a better Oline coach than Flaherty on the market. Wash will stay, with new position coaches he gets to choose i presume.
Someone made a good point.

Ron Middleton has been the #Jaguars TE coach for 6 years. No Jags TE has gone over 500 yards in a season in that span. Not even their $47m TE signing Julius Thomas.

As things stand, he’s safe, but the coaches of the two strongest position groups have been fired.

What a mess.
(12-31-2018, 10:46 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Someone made a good point.

Ron Middleton has been the #Jaguars TE coach for 6 years. No Jags TE has gone over 500 yards in a season in that span. Not even their $47m TE signing Julius Thomas.

As things stand, he’s safe, but the coaches of the two strongest position groups have been fired.

What a mess.

So you were satisfied with the defensive lines lack of pressure for the majority of the season and the numerous multiple busted coverage plays in the defensive back field? What were our sack totals last year compared to this year? How about interceptions and passing TDS given up?

Sometimes people complain just to complain.
(12-31-2018, 10:55 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 10:46 PM)BklynJag Wrote: [ -> ]Someone made a good point.

What a mess.

So you were satisfied with the defensive lines lack of pressure for the majority of the season and the numerous multiple busted coverage plays in the defensive back field? What were our sack totals last year compared to this year? How about interceptions and passing TDS given up?

We were top 2 in pressure rate this year.
(12-31-2018, 11:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 10:55 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]So you were satisfied with the defensive lines lack of pressure for the majority of the season and the numerous multiple busted coverage plays in the defensive back field? What were our sack totals last year compared to this year? How about interceptions and passing TDS given up?

We were top 2 in pressure rate this year.

And sacks?
(12-31-2018, 11:31 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2018, 11:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]We were top 2 in pressure rate this year.

And sacks?

Way behind. You said the there was a lack of pressure , there wasn't. The lack of sacks was partly due to worse coverage and partly due to poor technique from the pass rushers.

(12-31-2018, 10:23 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]You dont think Flaherty is good?

See tweet above.

That makes sense. I thought Flaherty was highly regarded, but if Marrone had to take over the OL then a change needed to be made.

I don't understand the Perry Fewell firing. DBs actually improved under him, unlike our previous DB coach. Coaching technique vs. assignments are two different things. We should have kept Fewell and hired a good assignment coach to work with him.

Hopefully we get a new OC and don't just keep the guy who replaced Hackett. Wash is not a top DC either. He is an excellent DL coach. It's a shame we couldn't just demote him back to what he's good at and hire a better DC.
Pages: 1 2 3 4