Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3-4 hybrid scheme incoming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
With Josh Allen being the final piece of the puzzle?

https://twitter.com/shoptalkingwigg/stat...59264?s=21
Whether we are 4-3 or 3-4 we are still going to have the same front 7 on the field so it doeant really matter to me. I'd prefer to keep it a 4-3 and let Allen play some Sam in addition to DE on pass rushing downs. I also think he could be a monster if they used him creatively in blitz packages while he is standing.
This Defense has already been a hybrid 4-3/3-4, if you want to label it that....

It's always had the 5T (big end), a 3T and NT, with a wide 9 DE (Ngakoue) aka weakside DE... It's literally been the same since Gus came on board and brought the scheme over.. I don't see anything changing as long as Wash is still running the Defense.

Why would the addition of Capers completely change the Defensive scheme? Especially considering his Defense was god awful with the Packers for the majority of his time running it...

Although I guess it would be a Coughlin type move to let outdated people try and run/control things.
iS aLLen ThE NeW LEO?
(04-26-2019, 07:14 AM)jaglawyer Wrote: [ -> ]iS aLLen ThE NeW LEO?

OTTO
We fumbled with the last OLB we drafted high so hopefully we actually use him right and not pull a Fowler. He shined in college standing up so hopefully we move him around and let him eat. We failed miserably the last time we did this but at least we get 2 swings at the plate.
(04-26-2019, 05:08 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]This Defense has already been a hybrid 4-3/3-4, if you want to label it that....

It's always had the 5T (big end), a 3T and NT, with a wide 9 DE (Ngakoue) aka weakside DE... It's literally been the same since Gus came on board and brought the scheme over.. I don't see anything changing as long as Wash is still running the Defense.

Why would the addition of Capers completely change the Defensive scheme? Especially considering his Defense was god awful with the Packers for the majority of his time running it...

Although I guess it would be a Coughlin type move to let outdated people try and run/control things.

Couldn’t agree more, people get obsessed with the 3-4 around here for some reason.  Most teams play some brand of hybrid now regardless.
(04-26-2019, 07:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 07:14 AM)jaglawyer Wrote: [ -> ]iS aLLen ThE NeW LEO?

OTTO

DPR
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 07:15 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]OTTO

DPR

For those inclined to draw the connections and conclude he will be a bust, he's a better prospect than anyone we've had at that position before.
Telvin-Jack-Allen is a great LB corps

Allen could be used like Den did with Von Miller his first few years. OLB on early downs and DE on passing downs until Campbell leaves then he will start DE
I love the flexibility he gives us, plus the option to rotate and keep him and Yannick constantly fresh.

Allen's versatility certainly suggests that Wash and Capers should be designing a more creative defensive playbook this year.
(04-26-2019, 09:47 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]I love the flexibility he gives us, plus the option to rotate and keep him and Yannick constantly fresh.

Allen's versatility certainly suggests that Wash and Capers should be designing a more creative defensive playbook this year.

We can only hope...
(04-26-2019, 09:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 08:54 AM)DragonFury Wrote: [ -> ]DPR

For those inclined to draw the connections and conclude he will be a bust, he's a better prospect than anyone we've had at that position before.

So very true....man we have taken enough swings and misses, we are DUE.
(04-26-2019, 05:08 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]This Defense has already been a hybrid 4-3/3-4, if you want to label it that....

Last year was a lot more traditional 4-3 than previous iterations. Good few differences to 2017
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Telvin-Jack-Allen is a great LB corps

Allen could be used like Den did with Von Miller his first few years.  OLB on early downs and DE on passing downs until Campbell leaves then he will start DE

I'm not even sure Telvin will be on the roster beyond the weekend.
Yeah we've been talking about that potential here ever since Capers come in.

Hopefully they add a few packages to throw teams off balance
(04-26-2019, 01:31 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 09:11 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Telvin-Jack-Allen is a great LB corps

Allen could be used like Den did with Von Miller his first few years.  OLB on early downs and DE on passing downs until Campbell leaves then he will start DE

I'm not even sure Telvin will be on the roster beyond the weekend.

I keep hearing this and I'm left to wonder about some things.

1.  Would he simply be released, included in a deal to trade up into the second round, or straight up for a pick?

2.  Was the team that turned off by his drop in play last year?  Were there some off field considerations that factor into this?

3.  Is he the first of many sacrifices needed to re-sign Ngakoue, Ramsey and or Jack?

4.  How much did Capers' "consulting" influence the decision on Smith-assuming the decision to jettison him has been made?
(04-26-2019, 01:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 01:31 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not even sure Telvin will be on the roster beyond the weekend.

I keep hearing this and I'm left to wonder about some things.

1.  Would he simply be released, included in a deal to trade up into the second round, or straight up for a pick?

2.  Was the team that turned off by his drop in play last year?  Were there some off field considerations that factor into this?

3.  Is he the first of many sacrifices needed to re-sign Ngakoue, Ramsey and or Jack?

4.  How much did Capers' "consulting" influence the decision on Smith-assuming the decision to jettison him has been made?

1. Man I'll be annoyed if he's simply released and we get nothing in return for him, he's been one of the better LBs in the league for a few years and is still on his prime.
2. It's hard to say if the team is that turned off, he's the one that has cut contact and disappeared. It seems he's trying to force their hand somewhat.
3. It's possible, and I'd be happy to consider it that way, as long as we get something in return for him.
4. Again, possible, but still premature at this point to suggest some big scheme change is relevant to Telvin's future.

Ultimately it seems like he's possibly made a decision that he doesn't want to be here anymore. Which is strange all round. Maybe he's picked up on the idea that he's not as central to the teams plans as he once was, and taken that personally ... It wouldn't shock me to see him traded at some point today or tomorrow, but I'd still consider it a long shot right now.
(04-26-2019, 02:19 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 01:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]I keep hearing this and I'm left to wonder about some things.

1. Man I'll be annoyed if he's simply released and we get nothing in return for him, he's been one of the better LBs in the league for a few years and is still on his prime.
2. It's hard to say if the team is that turned off, he's the one that has cut contact and disappeared. It seems he's trying to force their hand somewhat.
3. It's possible, and I'd be happy to consider it that way, as long as we get something in return for him.
4. Again, possible, but still premature at this point to suggest some big scheme change is relevant to Telvin's future.

Ultimately it seems like he's possibly made a decision that he doesn't want to be here anymore. Which is strange all round. Maybe he's picked up on the idea that he's not as central to the teams plans as he once was, and taken that personally ... It wouldn't shock me to see him traded at some point today or tomorrow, but I'd still consider it a long shot right now.

Maybe he was asked to take a pay cut.  It definitely seems odd if reports are true that he hasn't contacted the team.  It's hard to imagine he isn't POed about something.
Pages: 1 2 3