Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Come on guys. He’s ripping this draft up right now. I mean seriously...Allen the best pure pass rusher and now possibly one of the best olinemen in the country. 

We’ve struggled with Oline so much. Remember Forest Lamp, the talk on these boards?

Let me set the table for you:

Robinson locks down the tackle spot and improves as a pro. Norwell settles in and has a year we all know he’s capable of at Guard. Linder comes back as our best offensive linemen and our stalwart at center. The best man wins the other guard spot but mostly Cann can focus on improving with better players beside him. And then Taylor takes over for Parnell.

Dare I say our Oline becomes our strength?

Caldwell is putting together a nice squad with our stars already on defense.

Just give me a WR and a TE and let’s go put the pads on and get ready for a Super Bowl run. Like seriously, a legit run.
He's so average, anybody could make these obvious picks.

/moron

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Caleb Wilson, Josh Oliver or Irv Smith Jr. at TE and we've won this draft. Isabella at WR would be too much.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
To make a Basketball analogy. If he's hitting shots im not gonna criticize him for their difficulty as long as it goes in the hoop so to speak.
To be fair, our OL was a strength before all the injuries to begin with last year.

(04-26-2019, 07:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He's so average, anybody could make these obvious picks.

/moron

Yet everyone isn't....
(04-26-2019, 08:13 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, our OL was a strength before all the injuries to begin with last year.

(04-26-2019, 07:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]He's so average, anybody could make these obvious picks.

/moron

Yet everyone isn't....

And Coughlin made him pick these guys anyway.
he might have drafted his 2nd good 1st rounder since 2013
(04-26-2019, 08:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]he might have drafted his 2nd good 1st rounder since 2013

Yeah baby! There we are!
(04-26-2019, 08:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 08:18 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]he might have drafted his 2nd good 1st rounder since 2013

Yeah baby! There we are!

i think we've done a great job so far
I don’t get it. I think he’s doing a great job with value and moving up and targeting his guy. With the Allen pick, he could have blew it and picked Hockenson. And most GMs would have stayed put in the 2nd round.

I personally don’t think “any” GM could sit back and make the same decisions he’s made so far.

Is there anybody out there that thinks he’s doing a jam up job. I mean look at what Mayock is doing..
Gotta give props

There is still 1st round talent available. Hopefully we kill the 3rd
(04-26-2019, 07:49 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Come on guys. He’s ripping this draft up right now. I mean seriously...Allen the best pure pass rusher and now possibly one of the best olinemen in the country. 

We’ve struggled with Oline so much. Remember Forest Lamp, the talk on these boards?

Robinson locks down the tackle spot and improves as a pro. Norwell settles in and has a year we all know he’s capable of at Guard. Linder comes back as our best offensive linemen and our stalwart at center. The best man wins the other guard spot but mostly Cann can focus on improving with better players beside him. And then Taylor takes over for Parnell.

Just give me a WR and a TE and let’s go put the pads on and get ready for a Super Bowl run. Like seriously, a legit run.
The problem is Caldwell is not calling the shots.  Big Daddy Tom Coughlin has final say on who to draft.  I agree the draft has been great for us so far but Tom is the man you should be praising.
(04-26-2019, 08:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 07:49 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Come on guys. He’s ripping this draft up right now. I mean seriously...Allen the best pure pass rusher and now possibly one of the best olinemen in the country. 

The problem is Caldwell is not calling the shots.  Big Daddy Tom Coughlin has final say on who to draft.  I agree the draft has been great for us so far but Tom is the man you should be praising.
So do we blame Tom for Fournette, Blake extension, Taven Bryan instead of Goedert....
(04-26-2019, 08:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 08:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is Caldwell is not calling the shots.  Big Daddy Tom Coughlin has final say on who to draft.  I agree the draft has been great for us so far but Tom is the man you should be praising.
So do we blame Tom for Fournette, Blake extension, Taven Bryan instead of Goedert....

Cadlwell's fans do the same, they blame everything on TC, so...
I’m loving this draft props to Caldwell so far

/moron

(04-26-2019, 08:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-26-2019, 08:13 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, our OL was a strength before all the injuries to begin with last year.

Yet everyone isn't....

And Coughlin made him pick these guys anyway.

(04-26-2019, 08:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah baby! There we are!

Life on the couch is a much happier place.
Just noticed that the Jaguars met with each one of the first the draftees before the draft.

I wonder if the pattern will continue throughout the draft.

I wonder what other teams are doing as compared to their pre draft visits.
(04-26-2019, 09:38 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]

/moron

(04-26-2019, 08:17 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]And Coughlin made him pick these guys anyway.

(04-26-2019, 08:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah baby! There we are!

Life on the couch is a much happier place.

Just fitting in with the spirit of the crew.
Caldwell still looking like a genius after the 3rd round?
Pages: 1 2 3 4