Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A Troubling Tweet From Hays Carlyon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...89895?s=20

Who are the players?

What are their specific problems?
I think we are entering an era where a majority of top tier players will be at odds with their respective front offices very commonly.

Not that I think ours is easy for these players to like. Especially since Coughlin arrived.
Not surprising at all.

Coughlin is still stuck in his own old, outdated ways and the players probably don't want to deal with him.
Perhaps it's just me, but how is Jalen's "entrance" today a reminder of anything of the sort? What he's saying may very well be true, but how is this evidence of it exactly? Perhaps I missed something? If anything, this seems to me like a friendly shot at Fournette.
(07-24-2019, 10:41 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Not surprising at all.

Coughlin is still stuck in his own old, outdated ways and the players probably don't want to deal with him.

Yeah, darn winners and their darn discipline, expectations of professionalism, and rules! Man he must have 0 success to back his "outdated ways". I swear some people could find reasons run Bill Belichick and Tom Brady out of here if they were in teal. 

This says nothing about the FO, looks like 2.0 was just clowning a little. Not a fan, but it doesn't bother me either. He's young and has a lot of $, we all have done immature and silly things, imagine if you had 7 figures in the bank at his age.
(07-24-2019, 11:22 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, darn winners and their darn discipline, expectations of professionalism, and rules! Man he must have 0 success to back his "outdated ways". I swear some people could find reasons run Bill Belichick and Tom Brady out of here if they were in teal. 

This says nothing about the FO, looks like 2.0 was just clowning a little. Not a fan, but it doesn't bother me either. He's young and has a lot of $, we all have done immature and silly things, imagine if you had 7 figures in the bank at his age.

Lol Coughlin hasn't done jack [BLEEP] in the past decade+. And you comparing him to Belichick is comedy at it's finest. Coughlin couldn't hold Belichick's jock strap.

Also, you do realize it was the Veterans on that Defense that made Coughlin change his idiot ways with the Giants, which led them to winning 10+ years ago. The Vets like Strahan, Osi and Tuck who pulled Coughlin aside and told him he better change his ways because he was losing the team.. Which is what led to their window of success.

As the tweet said, talent is what carried this team in 2017 and talent is what will carry it forward if we have anymore success. Hopefully Coughlin doesn't run off all of our talent.
(07-25-2019, 12:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2019, 11:22 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, darn winners and their darn discipline, expectations of professionalism, and rules! Man he must have 0 success to back his "outdated ways". I swear some people could find reasons run Bill Belichick and Tom Brady out of here if they were in teal. 

Lol Coughlin hasn't done jack [BLEEP] in the past decade+. And you comparing him to Belichick is comedy at it's finest. Coughlin couldn't hold Belichick's jock strap.

Also, you do realize it was the Veterans on that Defense that made Coughlin change his idiot ways with the Giants, which led them to winning 10+ years ago. The Vets like Strahan, Osi and Tuck who pulled Coughlin aside and told him he better change his ways because he was losing the team.. Which is what led to their window of success.

As the tweet said, talent is what carried this team in 2017 and talent is what will carry it forward if we have anymore success. Hopefully Coughlin doesn't run off all of our talent.

I see your point, but he did win a superbowl in 2011 against Belichick and that is categorically in the last decade lol
(07-25-2019, 12:40 AM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2019, 12:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol Coughlin hasn't done jack [BLEEP] in the past decade+. And you comparing him to Belichick is comedy at it's finest. Coughlin couldn't hold Belichick's jock strap.

I see your point, but he did win a superbowl in 2011 against Belichick and that is categorically in the last decade lol

Yea just on the cusp... My point still stands...

The talent on that team left, or retired after that (which carried him to those SBs) and he didn't do much of anything with that team to follow. Lots of disappointments and that isn't the first time for him.
(07-25-2019, 12:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-24-2019, 11:22 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, darn winners and their darn discipline, expectations of professionalism, and rules! Man he must have 0 success to back his "outdated ways". I swear some people could find reasons run Bill Belichick and Tom Brady out of here if they were in teal. 

You are a [BLEEP] idiot lmao.. Coughlin is Belichicks Kryptonite.. this dates back to their relationship from the Parcels coaching tree. Coughlin knows how to get in Bill’s head. It’s fact, and was proven in 2 superbowls ( 1 against arguably one of the top 5 greatest teams of all time) You sir are a moron
(07-25-2019, 03:09 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2019, 12:09 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol Coughlin hasn't done jack [BLEEP] in the past decade+. And you comparing him to Belichick is comedy at it's finest. Coughlin couldn't hold Belichick's jock strap.

You are a [BLEEP] idiot lmao.. Coughlin is Belichicks Kryptonite.. this dates back to their relationship from the Parcels coaching tree. Coughlin knows how to get in Bill’s head. It’s fact, and was proven in 2 superbowls ( 1 against arguably one of the top 5 greatest teams of all time) You sir are a moron

Coughlin is a HOF coach, no doubt about it but he's yet to prove himself as a general manager. His last stint in that capacity (holding both roles with the Jaguars) he managed to get us into salary cap hell. But I have confidence he can still help bring a championship to Jacksonville.
(07-24-2019, 10:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...89895?s=20

Who are the players?

Well we know Ramsey for one. Fournette likely isn't a fan (for reasons he's at fault for), doesn't seem like Telvin is too tight with them with his situation and who knows what other players think of that. 

Jalen ,Lenny and Telvin are pretty popular members of the locker room. It's not very common to have several players like that openly against the front office
(07-24-2019, 10:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/1...89895?s=20

Who are the players?

Seems that talent didn't carry them so far last season. Yet, one could argue the culture did the year before. Numerous players stated they hated the workouts and discipline but needed it. This guy is just stroking for drama.

Who are the players? The ones waiting for a new contract.
What are the specific problems? Ego and wanting more money.

The twitter post was a roundabout way of using Jalen's "Brinks Truck" to stir the pot with no specifics.
(07-25-2019, 07:34 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]

Who are the players?

Well we know Ramsey for one. Fournette likely isn't a fan (for reasons he's at fault for), doesn't seem like Telvin is too tight with them with his situation and who knows what other players think of that. 

Jalen ,Lenny and Telvin are pretty popular members of the locker room. It's not very common to have several players like that openly against the front office

We don't "know" that although there's some speculation about it. Got a feeling once the contracts are signed everyone will be happy again.
(07-25-2019, 08:04 AM)hb1148 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2019, 07:34 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Well we know Ramsey for one. Fournette likely isn't a fan (for reasons he's at fault for), doesn't seem like Telvin is too tight with them with his situation and who knows what other players think of that. 

We don't "know" that although there's some speculation about it. Got a feeling once the contracts are signed everyone will be happy again.

He called them old clowns, he hasn't exactly hid it. 

I also don't think Jalen is going to be a long term Jaguar. Even if a contract is offered, if we keep losing he isn't going to want to stay, and I'd say that's more likely than the alternative.

Hays mistake is that culture isn't created by the front office. It's created by the locker room.
So Jalen is flying the I'm still a child flags. So friggin what. Makes himself look stupid IMO. I'm sure his Dad is not impressed.
(07-25-2019, 07:34 AM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Well we know Ramsey for one. Fournette likely isn't a fan (for reasons he's at fault for), doesn't seem like Telvin is too tight with them with his situation and who knows what other players think of that. 

I doubt that Telvin and Lenny are all that popular. Typically those that cause harm to a teams chances of success through questionable behaviors are not all that endeared to their team mates. Not the ones who care about winning at least.
As far as Jalen the Jags have his rights for the next three years. He might as well get comfortable with the idea.
Or is Carlyon stirring the pot for his own sake?
(07-25-2019, 08:30 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]

I doubt that Telvin and Lenny are all that popular. Typically those that cause harm to a teams chances of success through questionable behaviors are not all that endeared to their team mates. Not the ones who care about winning at least.
As far as Jalen the Jags have his rights for the next three years. He might as well get comfortable with the idea.

I mean Lenny's known as the comedian and prankster of the team so yeah he's pretty popular in that locker room. Jalen too. You can see them interact daily on Snapchat with the rest of the guys

(07-25-2019, 08:21 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]So Jalen is  flying the I'm still a child flags. So friggin what. Makes himself look stupid IMO. I'm sure his Dad is not impressed.

No it was a venture for Adidas while also having some fun in the process. Boomer jags fans are the only ones upset about it
I know he’s a great player but this kind of stuff makes it hard for me to like him I just hate the look at me antics

Bingo.
Pages: 1 2 3 4