Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake with a running game, played solid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is what happens when you have a running game, Blake was good and was able to play it safe, not force things and try to do too much, no turnovers today and he used his legs well too.

Great win going into the bye, and then coming out the bye week with the Bears, that might be the worst team in the NFL

We can get back into this thing in the AFC south, which is awful, Watt done for the Texans, Tenn in rebuild, and Colts are just not good

We have a lot of new players, and are young guys have been good, still a long season to go

They put the kid gloves on with Blake today and I'll be honest with you and tell you that I really don't like seeing that. You don't baby a franchise QB in his third year. Maybe he really isn't the guy...
Linder makes a big difference

Quote:They put the kid gloves on with Blake today and I'll be honest with you and tell you that I really don't like seeing that. You don't baby a franchise QB in his third year. Maybe he really isn't the guy...

Cue meltdown and name calling from spacecoastjag in 3..2..1
3 TDs - 2 passing, 1 running. No INTs.  If that's babying him, please keep it up.

I think the OPs point stands.

Running game and defense looked terrific for 3 qtrs.

Offense rolled out Blake alot, and he was able to use his legs and run.

Key to the game:

ZERO Turnovers by the Jags.

1 BIG INT forced by the defense giving Jags excellent short field position.

Hmmm,

Running game good.

Defense good (most of the game).

NO INTs or Fumbles.

Kicking 3/3 FGs and 3/3 XPs.

WIN!

Who'd a thunk it?
Quote:They put the kid gloves on with Blake today and I'll be honest with you and tell you that I really don't like seeing that. You don't baby a franchise QB in his third year. Maybe he really isn't the guy...

I think Bart Scott said something similar. A lot of short passes.
Not sure about that, I think it was more Blake taking what the D gave us.  He almost always looked down field first before the check down.
I don't know about you guys, but I want the Jags to be a playoff and eventual legit SB contender again some day. As for the QB spot (hardly not our only issue for sure), if you're satisfied with having a QB that you want to say played good (or worse yet, great) today as a barometer, against a pretty poor Colts team and performance, then be ready to be satisfied with hoping for a mediocre 8-8 team if we're lucky. Blake played ok, benefitted from a lot of YAC, and didn't lose the game this time -- but he didn't win it either.
Whatever the gameplan was this week keep it up next week
Quote:Whatever the gameplan was this week keep it up next week

Won't work against decent teams. Only worked because the colts have one of the worst overall rosters in the NFL.
Quote:I think Bart Scott said something similar. A lot of short passes.
Sounds like what a lot of teams do, throw it short, we just got use to going deep a lot last years, other teams defenses adjusted to it, and we had to adjust our gameplan
Quote:Sounds like what a lot of teams do, throw it short, we just got use to going deep a lot last years, other teams defenses adjusted to it, and we had to adjust our gameplan
Nah, the haters of bortles don't want to hear that because they want to think he's a bust because it fits their narrative. 
Don't forget the special teams, great punting and meyers with great accurate FGs. He misses those we lose.

Look at it like this...

The staff knew, despite what the team tried to project, that Blake's confidence was basically in the toilet. The game plan today was clearly to begin re-establishing it.

The key stats here...2 TDs passing, 1 rushing and NO turnovers (which I predicted in the score thread...lol). His performance was far from perfect but it's actually a good foundation for him to build on moving forward.

Nah, the haters of bortles don't want to hear that because they want to think he's a bust because it fits their narrative. 

-----

Yup today Blake did pretty much what Carr does every game, but the stat watches will say Carr is so much better, Blake had a 99 passer rating 2 td passes and 1 rushing TD and people are complaining about him

Quote:Nah, the haters of bortles don't want to hear that because they want to think he's a bust because it fits their narrative. 

Don't think he's a bust but I think loads would agree he isn't where he should be right now. He doesn't look comfortable at all. Short passes are fine it's just when he throws the ball deep lately his timing is off. He was money on it last year.

I'm curious what you mean by babying him today?
Quote:Don't think he's a bust but I think loads would agree he isn't where he should be right now. He doesn't look comfortable at all. Short passes are fine it's just when he throws the ball deep lately his timing is off. He was money on it last year.

That and there's been alot of balls batted at the line of scrimmage this year as well. Even today.
Quote: 

<div>

Yup today Blake did pretty much what Carr does every game, but the stat watches will say Carr is so much better, Blake had a 99 passer rating 2 td passes and 1 rushing TD and people are complaining about him

</div>
You're right but the haters want to read their sermons from the Chris Simms school of Quarterbacking and send bortles out of town. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6