Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wheres's the love for Calais Campbell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Over the first two games, it seemed there was a looming question by many (including myself) that Campbell may be succumbing to Father Time.

Tonight, he looked timeless.

When all the chips are down with all the drama and only a short week to work with, he went out there and had one of his best performances ever as a jag.

Kudos to him. He's a true leader.
Campbell was great tonight. He he could hardly be stopped. It looked like he got held a few times as well, but they weren't called.

3+ sacks in multiple games now as a Jag.
There’s your defensive leader, not the want away superstar.
The best player and leader on this team since he has gotten here. By far one of the best defensive FA pick ups in NFL history
Per nfl.com, he had 7 tackles, 3 sacks, and 4 tackles for loss. A fantastic performance.
Much love for Calais! I hope they make him a Jag for life.
Amazing amount of production from a true player and team mate......
NFL Network's post-game show gushed about CC. He received much love.
They talked about him all night on TV, and I loved every second of it.
(09-20-2019, 03:45 AM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Over the first two games, it seemed there was a looming question by many (including myself) that Campbell may be succumbing to Father Time.

Tonight, he looked timeless.

When all the chips are down with all the drama and only a short week to work with, he went out there and had one of his best performances ever as a jag.

Kudos to him. He's a true leader.

In case I didn't make it clear in my post, I love me some Calais Campbell.

That was one of the most abusive performances I have seen in a while, and it was quite enjoyable.
One of the best games u will ever see from an individual player, and id trade him tomorrow.
He had a great game, but time is catching up to him.
Great performance last night

He's still got some left in his tank. Given our track record with FA's, I'm glad he worked out well
The heart and soul of the D. Dude was killing it last night, and it felt so dang good to watch him wrecking shop.

Leading by example every day he's here. I want to invent a cloning machine just so we never run out of Calaises on that defense.
Campbell is the MAN! Where are all the idiots who wanted him gone from the team? Show up and eat your crow.
Dominant performance from one of the most likable players ever.
Glad he’s a Jag.
The love for Campbell is understood around here.
(09-20-2019, 08:50 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell is the MAN! Where are all the idiots who wanted him gone from the team? Show up and eat your crow.

I don't really remember too many in the offseason saying that, I think most were just stating the obvious that someone has to be cut to create cap space to sign Ngakoue, Ramsey, and Jack. We MUST figure out a way to keep Calais, the man is one of the most versatile players in the league. Who can go from DE to DT like this and still be so damn dominant? I feel like Watt could do it, but can't really think of anyone else. The guy also bleeds teal. Legend.
And the dude has been playing injured. Still ballin'!
(09-20-2019, 08:50 AM)cincyjacket Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell is the MAN! Where are all the idiots who wanted him gone from the team? Show up and eat your crow.

I literally only recall one poster that called repeatedly for his release. 

Most have taken the “pay him until Father Time catches up” opinion. 

He had me worried for a minute, but it looks like he’s still got a step in that race.
Pages: 1 2 3