Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Upcoming Panthers game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Time to move on to the next challenge.

This bit of info from PFBT is a little worrisome.....

"The Panthers are 3-9 since starting last season 6-2. Kyle Allen started the three wins; Cam Newton started the nine losses."

They lost to the Rams and the Bucs ....won against Arizona and 'horns
Have to do whatever we can to slow McCaffrey
Stop McCaffrey in the run and pass, Quincey needs a game.

And Keuchley. That guy is fantastic and him and Shaq Thompson are a good LB duo. If we can get the run going that will be a big help in slowing them down but Keuchley reads the game as well as any LB.
Go watch their last two games. With Allen at QB, their entire offense is McCaffrey. McCaffrey...in the slot, at RB, at outside receiver, in motion, on the end of the line blocking, etc. He has played at nearly every position in an effort to sneak him out in space.
I am worried. But I am worried about every game. It's the NFL.
(10-01-2019, 01:39 PM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]Well, this can't hurt any.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2774...-ending-ir

my thoughts too until I read he'd been out the last two games....which the other cats won.   Undecided
Carolina looked damn good on Sunday. I know the score was 16 - 10 but I keep harping on the fact that Allen put the ball on the ground three [BLEEP] times and lost them all and the tinhorns STILL only managed 10 points. That defense is going to be a problem. And if they give McCaffrey just an inch he'll take a mile. I expect Norv Turner to be calling screens, counters and quick slants over the middle in this one to get Jack and Williams out of position to free up their TE.

What's the status on Harrison at SS? Is he good to go this weekend? Assuming Ramsey is back. That's a HUGE help. This is another game too where the front four stands to gain some hits on the QB. If Allen can't hold onto the ball they need to have somebody ready to scoop it up and scoot on downfield. This is a big game. Probably the hardest game they've had since the opener. We'll see.

I expect it to be a close game where we win by 3 again late or hopefully like the TNF against the tacks with the front four pretty much dictating the entirety of it. Gap discipline is it an absolute must. I expect the front seven to handle business in this one. They just can't over pursue or lose their gap assignments. They'll make us pay for it.
rember one game at a time. yes panthers are next game. lets all rember this now.    

we all belieave in the stache!!!!
(10-01-2019, 02:56 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]rember one game at a time. yes panthers are next game. lets all rember this now.    

we all belieave in the stache!!!!

Already forgot. Remind me tomorrow. How's your stache coming along?
Tough game to call to be honest.

I see it like last week; honestly a toss up
(10-01-2019, 03:16 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]Tough game to call to be honest.

I see it like last week; honestly a toss up

Basically the way I feel. I’d say if by some good fortune Ramsey plays, we probably win. If not, it’s 50/50.
After our Panther/Texans game the network switched to bonus coverage of your win in Denver. Very impressive.

Why the talking heads aren't talking about your running game is perplexing. I missed a lot of Fournette's big plays but the stat line enough was scary. What I did catch of your new QB is scary as well. There are just some qb's that seem pre-determined to win. I had a gut feeling he would move you guys down the field and the rest of the offense is feeding off his energy. But watching the way he moves in the pocket, compared to the way Watson moves, I am honestly worried for his health. Our sack count is high so that is no secret, but it is the speed where our pass rush has really improved and the fact it can come from anywhere. I don't see him getting that much time to throw in our matchup. That Denver pass rush sure looked different than the last time we saw them but even when they got through the blocks Minshew was slippery.

Our offense is capable of putting up some numbers, even against a top 10 defense. Should be a great game, here's to no injuries.
Short just got put on IR. That's good for our oline
I hope Cam dresses like a grandma again.
(10-01-2019, 02:20 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Go watch their last two games. With Allen at QB, their entire offense is McCaffrey. McCaffrey...in the slot, at RB, at outside receiver, in motion, on the end of the line blocking, etc. He has played at nearly every position in an effort to sneak him out in space.

So stop him like we did derrick henry .....and defend the hell out of Uncle Rico .......check
Can't stop Allen. Can only hope to contain him. Let Allen get his points and stop the rest of the team.
and let us get his drops   Big Grin
(10-01-2019, 02:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Carolina looked damn good on Sunday. I know the score was 16 - 10 but I keep harping on the fact that Allen put the ball on the ground three [BLEEP] times and lost them all and the tinhorns STILL only managed 10 points. That defense is going to be a problem. And if they give McCaffrey just an inch he'll take a mile. I expect Norv Turner to be calling screens, counters and quick slants over the middle in this one to get Jack and Williams out of position to free up their TE.

What's the status on Harrison at SS? Is he good to go this weekend? Assuming Ramsey is back. That's a HUGE help. This is another game too where the front four stands to gain some hits on the QB. If Allen can't hold onto the ball they need to have somebody ready to scoop it up and scoot on downfield. This is a big game. Probably the hardest game they've had since the opener. We'll see.

I expect it to be a close game where we win by 3 again late or hopefully like the TNF against the tacks with the front four pretty much dictating the entirety of it. Gap discipline is it an absolute must. I expect the front seven to handle business in this one. They just can't over pursue or lose their gap assignments. They'll make us pay for it.

I'm pretty sure Harrison went back into the game after his knee injury. Would like to think he'll be ok for Sunday's game.
(10-01-2019, 11:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2019, 02:51 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Carolina looked damn good on Sunday. I know the score was 16 - 10 but I keep harping on the fact that Allen put the ball on the ground three [BLEEP] times and lost them all and the tinhorns STILL only managed 10 points. That defense is going to be a problem. And if they give McCaffrey just an inch he'll take a mile. I expect Norv Turner to be calling screens, counters and quick slants over the middle in this one to get Jack and Williams out of position to free up their TE.

I'm pretty sure Harrison went back into the game after his knee injury. Would like to think he'll be ok for Sunday's game.

Missed 3 snaps I think.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5