Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: VOTE- Minshew "Rookie of the Week"! Week 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Please show our QB some more support!
"He ain't afraid of no ghosts"   Big Grin

http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2019/REG/7
One would think this would be a steamroll for Minshew. Two offensive/3 defensive players. Jacobs had decent numbers but they LOST. Minshew had over 300 yards combined and led a come from behind win on the road. The other 3 were just 'meh'.
well you can "vote" , click the "X" in the Thank you for voting screen....
and VOTE AGAIN! Banana 

GMII has won 4 of the 6 so far...let's roll him in there again.
(10-24-2019, 02:23 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]well you can "vote" , click the "X" in the Thank you for voting screen....
and VOTE AGAIN! Banana 

I voted for him about 50 times.
(10-24-2019, 02:59 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2019, 02:23 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: [ -> ]well you can "vote" , click the "X" in the Thank you for voting screen....
and VOTE AGAIN! Banana 

I voted for him about 50 times.
I wish I had your spare time!
True Jags fans vote 91 times.
(10-24-2019, 01:41 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]One would think this would be a steamroll for Minshew. Two offensive/3 defensive players. Jacobs had decent numbers but they LOST. Minshew had over 300 yards combined and led a come from behind win on the road. The other 3 were just 'meh'.

Dude, Jeffrey Simmons was terrifyingly good last Sunday. He should have it in the bag. But big picture it's really, really bad that Simmons looked so dominant right away.

The only reason Minshew has a chance this week is the QB bump and his cult following/media attention. Crazy for Jax fans to say the media hype is on our side for a change huh.
(10-24-2019, 04:24 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2019, 01:41 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]One would think this would be a steamroll for Minshew. Two offensive/3 defensive players. Jacobs had decent numbers but they LOST. Minshew had over 300 yards combined and led a come from behind win on the road.  The other 3 were just 'meh'.

Dude, Jeffrey Simmons was terrifyingly good last Sunday. He should have it in the bag. But big picture it's really, really bad that Simmons looked so dominant right away.

The only reason Minshew has a chance this week is the QB bump and his cult following/media attention. Crazy for Jax fans to say the media hype is on our side for a change huh.

When the broadcast truck is sporting prop mustaches, yeah there is a media following no doubt.  This is serious unchartered territory.  Heck the gushing praise from the broadcast team just sound plain weird to me.  I mean how the heck can we have a guy that is doing this and still be the Jaguars.
Watched the video...voted for Conley.
(10-24-2019, 04:24 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2019, 01:41 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]One would think this would be a steamroll for Minshew. Two offensive/3 defensive players. Jacobs had decent numbers but they LOST. Minshew had over 300 yards combined and led a come from behind win on the road.  The other 3 were just 'meh'.

Add onto the fact that Simmons looked so good, while just coming off of an ACL injury that happened like 8-9 months ago. Pretty crazy.
(10-24-2019, 03:15 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2019, 02:59 PM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]I voted for him about 50 times.
I wish I had your spare time!

It literally took about 2 minutes, lol.
(10-24-2019, 10:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2019, 04:24 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, Jeffrey Simmons was terrifyingly good last Sunday. He should have it in the bag. But big picture it's really, really bad that Simmons looked so dominant right away.

Add onto the fact that Simmons looked so good, while just coming off of an ACL injury that happened like 8-9 months ago. Pretty crazy.

Oh, im not discounting Simmons looked good. He was definitely collapsing the pocket and disrupting plays. At the same time, the Chargers line is in absolute shambles right now.  They're bottom 1/3 of the league in pass pro per football outsiders and lost their pro bowl center for the year. It seems like every time they plug a guy in on the line, he goes out for the year: Okung, Pouncey, Lamp....its hard to gel as a line when you have no continuity with the guy to the left and right of you
(10-25-2019, 08:32 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2019, 10:02 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Add onto the fact that Simmons looked so good, while just coming off of an ACL injury that happened like 8-9 months ago. Pretty crazy.

Oh, im not discounting Simmons looked good. He was definitely collapsing the pocket and disrupting plays. At the same time, the Chargers line is in absolute shambles right now.  They're bottom 1/3 of the league in pass pro per football outsiders and lost their pro bowl center for the year. It seems like every time they plug a guy in on the line, he goes out for the year: Okung, Pouncey, Lamp....its hard to gel as a line when you have no continuity with the guy to the left and right of you

By that same token, Minshew had his average game against a Bengals team missing WJIII and Kirkpatrick.
(10-25-2019, 11:19 AM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2019, 08:32 AM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, im not discounting Simmons looked good. He was definitely collapsing the pocket and disrupting plays. At the same time, the Chargers line is in absolute shambles right now.  They're bottom 1/3 of the league in pass pro per football outsiders and lost their pro bowl center for the year. It seems like every time they plug a guy in on the line, he goes out for the year: Okung, Pouncey, Lamp....its hard to gel as a line when you have no continuity with the guy to the left and right of you

By that same token, Minshew had his average game against a Bengals team missing WJIII and Kirkpatrick.

True. But you gotta admit...it was refreshing watching the QB NOT lose the game for us, lol. Cant count how many times over the past DECADE i've watched Blaine/Chad/Blake make those throws that just made you go, "WTH?!?"
Minshew wins again.
(10-25-2019, 03:53 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Minshew wins again.

I think due to Minshew’s historic start to the season, people forgot what rookie quarterbacks really typically look like. Even an average minshew performance is a rookie of the week LOL.  If you watched Haskins last night, you would realize what a typical rookie goes through.
(10-25-2019, 04:00 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]

I think due to Minshew’s historic start to the season, people forgot what rookie quarterbacks really typically look like. Even an average minshew performance is a rookie of the week LOL.  If you watched Haskins last night, you would realize what a typical rookie goes through.

Yeah.  He's actually in a bit of a slump compared to how he started off, and yet, he's still the Rookie of the Week.
Name one rookiee QB in the last 5 years that is not named mahomes that is better then minshew is now. goff and wentz would be the only two and right now i would not think they are better then he is.
(10-25-2019, 04:45 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Name one rookiee QB in the last 5 years that is not named mahomes that is better then minshew is now. goff and wentz would be the only two and right now i would not think they are better then he is.

Mahomes didnt play his rookie year

(10-25-2019, 04:45 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]Name one rookiee QB in the last 5 years that is not named mahomes that is better then minshew is now. goff and wentz would be the only two and right now i would not think they are better then he is.

Mayfield

Yay! Banana
Thanks to all who voted!
Pages: 1 2 3 4