Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jack to finally start?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It sounds like Skuta won't play this week. So does that mean we'll finally get to see Jack play?
Quote:It sounds like Skuta won't play this week. So does that mean we'll finally get to see Jack play?

Im hoping thats the other role Wash was talking about but Arthur Brown got some time when Skuta was out against BAL.
I sure do hope so. Will he play strong side LB? or MLB?

Quote:It sounds like Skuta won't play this week. So does that mean we'll finally get to see Jack play?

Nope, it will probably be Gus's favorite son Hays Pullard. The fact that a team like Green Bay is starting a 4th round rookie (Blake Martinez), and a team like San Diego is starting a 5th round rookie (Jatavis Brown) while we can't find a way to get one of the better linebacker prospects (in the last 5 years) on the field is mind boggling.

I still think they should abandon this Otto stuff. Play Poz at SLB and Jack at MLB

Quote:I still think they should abandon this Otto stuff. Play Poz at SLB and Jack at MLB

"otto", "leo"  etc..., it's what bad coaches do, conform and peg players to their systems as opposed to the opposite. I can't wait until we get a creative innovative defensive coach, just think of how creative we can be on defense with 3 swiss army knives in Jack, Ramsey, Fowler.
Quote:"otto", "leo"  etc..., it's what bad coaches do, conform and peg players to their systems as opposed to the opposite. I can't wait until we get a creative innovative defensive coach, just think of how creative we can be on defense with 3 swiss army knives in Jack, Ramsey, Fowler.
Hard to be creative when they can't grasp the "dumb downed" defense we have. I think I read this somewhere else on here, but I'd like to see us switch to a 3-4. Would be a bit undersized, but dang fast!

Where did you hear that Skuts is unlikely to play?
No!  Why would it?  I mean who wants to use their second round draft choice.  

Then again, it is possible he's just not ready.  In which case I have to ask--why isn't he ready?  Did someone fail to get him ready, or was he not going to get ready regardless of who was coaching him?

Quote:"otto", "leo"  etc..., it's what bad coaches do, conform and peg players to their systems as opposed to the opposite. I can't wait until we get a creative innovative defensive coach, just think of how creative we can be on defense with 3 swiss army knives in Jack, Ramsey, Fowler.
Perfectly said.

Can you imagine what Bowles, Patricia, or Zimmer would do with these guys?
Quote:Hard to be creative when they can't grasp the "dumb downed" defense we have. I think I read this somewhere else on here, but I'd like to see us switch to a 3-4. Would be a bit undersized, but dang fast!

We have the personnel to run a system similar to what Arizona runs, it's a hybrid 3-4/4-3 scheme. They have a "speed" package that moves their SS (Deon Buccannon) into the Mike linebacker role, they play press man across the board and get exotic in their blitz packages, the Jaguars have the pieces at every level (Fowler/jack/Ramsey) to get ultra creative like this, I think a guy like Cyprien would excel in the "Deon Buccannon" role.
Quote:Perfectly said.

Can you imagine what Bowles, Patricia, or Zimmer would do with these guys?

Add James Bettcher from Arizona to that list as well, hopefully we'll hire one of their "disciples" next year. We need to bring in a head coach with a track record of developing QB's and a D-coordinator that comes from an aggressive-attacking system like one of the above mentioned. Speaking of Mike Zimmer & Minnesota, look at some of the exotic looks that defense is giving opposing offenses this year https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-why...is-season/, they disguise their coverage's and mix up their rushes more than any other team, that defense has a lot of talent but Zimmer is getting the most out of that unit by maximizing that talent with creativity and innovation.

Quote:Add James Bettcher from Arizona to that list as well, hopefully we'll hire one of their "disciples" next year. We need to bring in a head coach with a track record of developing QB's and a D-coordinator that comes from an aggressive-attacking system like one of the above mentioned. Speaking of Mike Zimmer & Minnesota, look at some of the exotic looks that defense is giving opposing offenses this year <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-why-minnesotas-defense-has-been-so-successful-this-season/'>https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-why-minnesotas-defense-has-been-so-successful-this-season/</a>, they disguise their coverage's and mix up their rushes more than any other team, that defense has a lot of talent but Zimmer is getting the most out of that unit by maximizing that talent with creativity and innovation.
Zimmer knows how to coach man. You lose your QB, HOF RB and starting LT but yet you go 3-0?! We could only dream of having him as the HC of the Jags.
Quote:Zimmer knows how to coach man. You lose your QB, HOF RB and starting LT but yet you go 3-0?! We could only dream of having him as the HC of the Jags.

Indeed, Zimmer, Belichick, & (rookie head coach) Doug Pederson are all putting on a coaching clinic, it's fun to watch.
Quote:Zimmer knows how to coach man. You lose your QB, HOF RB and starting LT but yet you go 3-0?! We could only dream of having him as the HC of the Jags.

To this point, the Vikings drafted a kid out of LSU last year in the 3rd round named Danielle Hunter, young guy (i believe youngest in the league last season) that was pegged as a "tweener" coming out. Zimm had a specific role for him last year (only played on obvious passing situations) and he racked up 6 sacks, that's an example of putting players in specific situation/roles that fit their strengths, giving them them a chance to succeed. Gus does the exact opposite, the fact that they haven't used Myles Jack on obvious passing situations to simply go out and "cover" TE's/RB's out of the backfield shows the incompetence, they refuse to utilize their best cover linebacker, even in situations that clearly warrant it.
Jack won't start at OTTO. 

They brought in Brown for that and in fact he played when Skuta was out last Sunday. Even Pullard has more chances to play than Jack. 

That just speaks of how inept and stubborn Bradley is with his stupid system. 
Quote:Jack won't start at OTTO.

They brought in Brown for that and in fact he played when Skuta was out last Sunday. Even Pullard has more chances to play than Jack.

That just speaks of how inept and stubborn Bradley is with his stupid system.

Tweet from John Oehser (@JohnOehser) - Jaguars HC Gus Bradley said Myles Jack working at OTTO linebacker some this week.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/781212758431920128'>https://twitter.com/JohnOehser/status/781212758431920128</a>
Quote:Where did you hear that Skuts is unlikely to play?

I got an injury alert from one of my fantasy apps.

Honest question, what does Skuta actually do well? He can't cover, he offers little as a pass rusher, he might be effective in setting the edge, but we have plenty of guys that do that well. It's confusing why this coaching staff continues to play a career backup like Skuta over Jack, on another subject, it's also confusing and flat-out inexplicable why Yannick has been playing on early downs over Fowler.

Quote:Honest question, what does Skuta actually do well? He can't cover, he offers little as a pass rusher as well, it's confusing why this coaching staff continues to play a career backup like Skuta over Jack.

Nothing Jack couldn't do better. Only God knows as to why it's taken Gus 4 weeks to put his best players on the field together.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6