Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sounds like Tony Khan is coming back.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Coming back?

LOL

He’s an owner of the [BLEEP] team.
Was he going to fire himself??
They're going to keep Tony Khan? That's a big surprise. He must know the owner or something...

Now it might just be me but...
Everybody knew this already
Pretty much everyone anyway
Okay, maybe some people didn't?
Though I'm not sure who.
I know I did.
Surely everyone else did too?
Maybe... maybe not.
Fulham fans everywhere rejoice
Next GM will have to answer to Tony. Same ole Jags.
I didn't know anyone doubted this would happen. 

Nepotism is strong with this one.  Rolleyes
(12-21-2019, 08:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Coming back?

LOL

He hadn't done anything for the team in years, now he is. That's notable.
GM Tony Khan incoming.
(12-21-2019, 09:16 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2019, 08:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Coming back?

LOL

He hadn't done anything for the team in years, now he is. That's notable.

If you think he hadn't done anything for the team in years you've had your head in the sand. 

https://www.jaguars.com/team/front-offic.../tony-khan
----------------------------

Tony Khan, a thought-leader in the world of sports analytics and insights, enters his eighth season with the Jaguars, serving as Executive Vice President of Football Administration and Technology.  

Under Tony Khan's guidance, the Jaguars created a Football Technology and Analytics group in 2012. In addition to being a valued asset to the coaching and scouting departments, the analytics team also explores new technology and its applications within all areas of the Jaguars organization, including player development, injury prevention, game analysis and player evaluation. 
I think he's more so saying his role with the Jags has been much reduced since taking on the Fulham and AEW roles, him reducing those roles to work more here is notable
(12-21-2019, 10:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's more so saying his role with the Jags has been much reduced since taking on the Fulham and AEW roles, him reducing those roles to work more here is notable
Yeah. It means he sucks at soccer and the wrestling venture taken with AEW is probably going down the [BLEEP].

He'll be here to give this franchise a "stunner" and be the final nail in the coffin. Can't [BLEEP] wait. . .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(12-21-2019, 10:50 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's more so saying his role with the Jags has been much reduced since taking on the Fulham and AEW roles, him reducing those roles to work more here is notable

He's been incredibly visible this entire season.  I'm not seeing any of this assumed reduced role.

An article came out after the 2017 season revealing he was actually on the books as an owner of the team and this year he's been shadowing Coughlin - as seen frequently in photos, videos and network broadcasts since the preseason -  and I'm supposed to believe that this tweet signals some new change?  

Nah

Tony has been talked up as a potential GM candidate for several weeks now, so I really don't get any surprise from Breer's latest hot take. Dude is invested and involved and has been for some time.
(12-21-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2019, 09:16 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]He hadn't done anything for the team in years, now he is. That's notable.

If you think he hadn't done anything for the team in years you've had your head in the sand. 

Yes, he originally tried to dive into the franchise feet first when Shad bought the team. Then he was essentially told to go sit in the corner and play with his toys by Caldwell and the coaching staff (slightly paraphrased from a podcast). Then he went and jumped into Trumedia, then Fulham, and then AEW while leaving the football side for all intents and purposes. Now, it appears he will attempting a triumphant return.
(12-21-2019, 11:17 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]If you think he hadn't done anything for the team in years you've had your head in the sand. 

Yes, he originally tried to dive into the franchise feet first when Shad bought the team. Then he was essentially told to go sit in the corner and play with his toys by Caldwell and the coaching staff (slightly paraphrased from a podcast). Then he went and jumped into Trumedia, then Fulham, and then AEW while leaving the football side for all intents and purposes. Now, it appears he will attempting a triumphant return.

Yeah. You haven't been paying attention.
(12-21-2019, 11:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2019, 11:17 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, he originally tried to dive into the franchise feet first when Shad bought the team. Then he was essentially told to go sit in the corner and play with his toys by Caldwell and the coaching staff (slightly paraphrased from a podcast). Then he went and jumped into Trumedia, then Fulham, and then AEW while leaving the football side for all intents and purposes. Now, it appears he will attempting a triumphant return.

Yeah. You haven't been paying attention.

I mean, it's just his words not mine but ok.
(12-21-2019, 11:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

He's been incredibly visible this entire season.  I'm not seeing any of this assumed reduced role.

An article came out after the 2017 season revealing he was actually on the books as an owner of the team and this year he's been shadowing Coughlin - as seen frequently in photos, videos and network broadcasts since the preseason -  and I'm supposed to believe that this tweet signals some new change?  

Nah

Tony has been talked up as a potential GM candidate for several weeks now, so I really don't get any surprise from Breer's latest hot take. Dude is invested and involved and has been for some time.

Yeah he's been a lot more prominent in his Fulham and AEW role than with the jags this year.   

Has there actually been any reporting on Tony as GM or just posts from fan sites this year
(12-21-2019, 11:34 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2019, 11:16 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]He's been incredibly visible this entire season.  I'm not seeing any of this assumed reduced role.

Nah

Yeah he's been a lot more prominent in his Fulham and AEW role than with the jags this year.   

Has there actually been any reporting on Tony as GM or just posts from fan sites this year

local radio and espn have floated it

"prominent" is in the eye of the beholder

He was "prominent" with the Jags this season from my perspective.
(12-21-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2019, 09:16 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]He hadn't done anything for the team in years, now he is. That's notable.

Tony Khan, a thought-leader in the world of sports analytics and insights, enters his eighth season with the Jaguars, serving as Executive Vice President of Football Administration and Technology.  

Under Tony Khan's guidance, the Jaguars created a Football Technology and Analytics group in 2012. In addition to being a valued asset to the coaching and scouting departments, the analytics team also explores new technology and its applications within all areas of the Jaguars organization, including player development, injury prevention, game analysis and player evaluation. 

Tha's hilarious considering how crappy this team has been.

Should just say "son of the owner, he has a job on the organization just because of that" would be less embarrassing.
(12-21-2019, 11:46 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]If you think he hadn't done anything for the team in years you've had your head in the sand. 

Tony Khan, a thought-leader in the world of sports analytics...
Tha's hilarious considering how crappy this team has been.

Should just say "son of the owner, he has a job on the organization just because of that" would be less embarrassing.

I lol'd too. Where would the Jags be without such remarkable analytics? What an enviable model.
I mean...maybe if the FO had listened to the analytics it might be different.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5