Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles trade value?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hypothetical question! Let's say IF and only if we draft Watson with the 4th pick or even Mitchell, what are the chances of a Bortles trade? What could we get for him? Would it be realistic that Arizona or even the Browns would want a trade? I'd take one of their first rounders. Vikings gave up a first for Bradford but were desperate. Just a thought.
Chances would be high in this case. What would we get? If I'm being honest...possibly a 3rd round pick and a 5th.

Browns and Arizona would be teams that could make it happen.

He wouldn't sniff a first rounder in value. He's broken.
Quote:Chances would be high in this case. What would we get? If I'm being honest...possibly a 3rd round pick and a 5th.

Browns and Arizona would be teams that could make it happen.

He wouldn't sniff a first rounder in value. He's broken.

Even to get the trade compensation you mentioned,  the Jaguars probably would have to trade Blake Bortles BEFORE pick # 4 is made in order to maintain enough trade leverage. 
I don't think Blake is broken. I think he needs help around him on the line and backfield.
Quote:Hypothetical question! Let's say IF and only if we draft Watson with the 4th pick or even Mitchell, what are the chances of a Bortles trade? What could we get for him? Would it be realistic that Arizona or even the Browns would want a trade? I'd take one of their first rounders. Vikings gave up a first for Bradford but were desperate. Just a thought.
I think at this point we could get a used Hyundai and a bag of chips. 
BB5 needs stability. Something that even Gabbert didn't have w/us.

NH3...
Quote:Hypothetical question! Let's say IF and only if we draft Watson with the 4th pick or even Mitchell, what are the chances of a Bortles trade? What could we get for him? Would it be realistic that Arizona or even the Browns would want a trade? I'd take one of their first rounders. Vikings gave up a first for Bradford but were desperate. Just a thought.

BB5's trade value will be miniscule due to his past performances or the lack of in 2016. He has the tools and as I've eluded to, his surroundings must improve. Especially in 2017.

NH3...
Book of stamps and a chicko stick.
Would you trade bortles for #17 overall? Who would you take if you could
Just when you thought your QB couldn't be traded...

[Image: 0812c1db3ac32e32870f6a706700c441.jpg]

Quote:Would you trade bortles for #17 overall? Who would you take if you could

My gut feeling is the Jaguars would make the trade.  But how the team would use pick # 17 and/ or what the plan would be to address the QB situation is hard to predict.  

If the Jaguars like a specific QB at # 4,  players like O.J. Howard,  Derek Barnett,  Takkarist McKinley,  and Ryan Ramczyk would seem to make a great amount of sense for the team at # 17,  if available. 
Quote: My gut feeling is the Jaguars would make the trade.  But how the team would use pick # 17 and/ or what the plan would be to address the QB situation is hard to predict.  

If the Jaguars like a specific QB at # 4,  players like O.J. Howard,  Derek Barnett,  Takkarist McKinley,  and Ryan Ramczyk would seem to make a great amount of sense for the team at # 17,  if available. 

Agree.

Though, it would go against the "win now" mode they have publicly committed to.

Tossing Bortles this early says we're "taking lumps now" for the better of the future.
lmao... bortles for the 17th? lmao.... richard sherman cant fetch a 1st... bortles aint worth more than a 5th

Quote:Agree.

Though, it would go against the "win now" mode they have publicly committed to.

Tossing Bortles this early says we're "taking lumps now" for the better of the future.

That could well be the case.  Yet,  a part of the equation I'm not remotely sure about is what does Tom Coughlin and Doug Marrone think of Blake Bortles?  It's possible they might have at least as much confidence for the 2017 season in their rookie QB of choice,  compared to Bortles.  Marrone already proved he's willing to make a bold move at QB when he benched E.J. Manuel after game # 4 in the 2014 season.  
Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED]... bortles for the 17th? [BAD WORD REMOVED].... richard sherman cant fetch a 1st... bortles aint worth more than a 5th

So your saying Sam Bradford is a better player just because he (Fetched) a first round pick but Sherman cant? The QB position is a lot different than a DB position in terms of value. How would you know if a team was really high on bortles when he was going through the draft process, wouldnt you think they may take a chance on him if he was available like the Cards? I mean he's a year removed from 35 or whatever TDs can't remember from the top of my head, so all in all he threw a lot picks and a lot of TDs with not a good line or backfield. Sherman doesn't have a friendly contract and is 29 and Bortles isn't due a lot but would become free agent the year after. How can you compare the two?
That depends. Do you like ham or turkey sandwiches better?
Quote:BB5's trade value will be miniscule due to his past performances or the lack of in 2016. He has the tools and as I've eluded to, his surroundings must improve. Especially in 2017.

NH3...

Agreed. However, in this case with the position he plays, the term "miniscule" suggests a second round pick.

Well, after witnessing the miracle that was pulled off for Gabbert, anything is possible
Quality backup. A rich mans Chad Henne.

Worth about a low third to high forth in round pick in a bad draft. Low fort to high fifth in a good draft.

Quote:[BAD WORD REMOVED]... bortles for the 17th? [BAD WORD REMOVED].... richard sherman cant fetch a 1st... bortles aint worth more than a 5th
Exactly.  What planet does some of these fans live on.  A 1st for a QB who is struggling with basic mechanics after 3 years in the league? 
Pages: 1 2 3