Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles can fix himself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We know what he's capable of and if he could fix his throwing motion last year he can surely fix it again. The real question is if he can consistently not revert back to these bad habits when things break down. I think we really need to be aggressive in the draft and get a franchise back for him.
While we disagree on things, I will never deny there's room for improvement. I honestly think the coaching has caused damage to his game. Hopefully he can continue to find ways to refine the mistakes
It won't happen overnight. He has alot of work to do. We all know he is talented. It doesn't help that he's asked to do so much. I couldn't imagine the pressure he is under both from defenses and mentally.
He'll figure it out eventually. Just needs time. He has to learn how to lose before he learns how to win!

Fix-a-flat?
He's getting neutered
Quote:He has to learn how to lose before he learns how to win!

Mission accomplished. Ready for phase two now. Please?
Young QB's go through phases.  He has to adjust.

I, for one, am glad to see him show emotion in going off the field PO'd (at himself).

He cares, and that's a good part of the battle.

He's a pitcher that converted to QB
Quote:We know what he's capable of and if he could fix his throwing motion last year he can surely fix it again. The real question is if he can consistently not revert back to these bad habits when things break down. I think we really need to be aggressive in the draft and get a franchise back for him.

Man it would've been nice to draft Dak Prescott huh
All of the screens and lack of explosive plays tell me that he's injured.
Quote:Man it would've been nice to draft Dak Prescott huh

He's also behind the best o-line in football.
Fix yourself? Sounds painfully kinky.

Quote:All of the screens and lack of explosive plays tell me that he's injured.
Haven't thought of this. His shoulder might be hurt and that's why he's winding up the throws.
Quote:Fix yourself? Sounds painfully kinky.
what's a kinky
He needs to improve his confidence. He had a good game against the Packers, and went toe to toe with Aaron Rodgers. He can do this. Study game film, look at the mistakes, work to correct them. The sun will shine tomorrow.

Quote:All of the screens and lack of explosive plays tell me that he's injured.

The screens are because we can't run the ball and Gus wants to run a control the clock team.
While he isn't afraid to stand in the pocket he's definitely had happy feet playing behind this line and how can you blame him.  Linder's the only guy that would start on most teams and he's been hurt except for the first game.  Bad oline, no running game and bubble screen passing game for a QB who's strength is throwing downfield...no wonder he hasn't looked good.  The Ravens essentially had 7 DBs because the LBs didn't have to play the run and dropped into coverage almost every down.  Their front 4 dominated our line and stuffed every run....pathetic.

Lol, week 4 and we are talking about the draft. Let that sink in.
Quote:Fix-a-flat?

More like Carr Bombed.
Pages: 1 2 3