Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake's throwing motion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Why does he seem to be going back to his throwing motion as a rookie? He is taking too long to get rid of the ball. If this was brought up before I apologize and mods can delete. I'm thinking this might be why he is off on most of his throws now. He needs to get back to the shortened more compact delivery and get rid of the ball. End of rant.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtPdJ3iWYAEafMU?format=jpg&name=large'>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtPdJ3iWYAEafMU?format=jpg&name=large</a>
It's because he was so used to throwing it 60 yards every play last year. His arm needs time to adjust.

Yeah I mean look at the photo in the view from the O zone. He is bringing the ball clear down to his waist and winding up before he gets rid of it. 

[Image: 20160925-GameThatWas.jpg]

he does revert back to old tendencies when things are not going his way

His tongue game is strong though.

That's what she said.

Coaching
Quote:That's what he said.

fixed for after the Baltimore game
Idk,, but he's been doing it since the preseason this year. Collinsworth talked a lot about it and even illustrated it nicely during the 3rd preseason game vs Cincy.

Every announcer/analyst on television for each game this year has noticed it and talked about it. Even Archuleta yesterday did a very good job of analyzing accuracy issues from Blake.

It seems that Blake is pretty good when he's moving out of the pocket (either scrambling out, or on designed roll-outs).

When he's moving, the throws seem much quicker and compact. He doesn't have time to really set and have a long wind up "hitch".

When he's in the pocket and setting up,, he drops that ball low with a "hitch" and his accuracy has been terrible so far.

There were some throws yesterday that were wobbling sideways during the downward trajectory. The INT by Moseley was a good play by him to catch it. However, the pass itself was the furthest thing from a spiral I've ever seen. Looking at the replay, the ball was wobbling in a sideways motion on the way down.

It's not good. That's for sure.
He has some bad habits and they have resurfaced.

It's disturbing but I do believe it's fixable.
Maybe they can bring Tom House in for a refresher coarse.

His mechanics are all over the place. His footwork has changed the most and I don't know why. 

I'm more concerned about his mental game than his physical one, tbh. He's off with his throws for sure but that's fixable?? He's tentative with those wobblers and doesn't appear in control, like he was last season. It's just feels all off.

TEBOW TIME !!!

[Image: tebow.png]

Maybe he has a mild arm/shoulder/back injury? Our QB in college did the same thing one year to compensate, he told me even on the sideline tossing a ball would hurt his lower back. In Bortles case, it's almost night and day. It's clearly a more "involved" throwing motion?
Quote:His mechanics are all over the place. His footwork has changed the most and I don't know why. 

IMO the baseball pitch and the footwork are equally, strikingly bad.

Kaepernick was doing a bunch of that too before benched.  Taking a big pause on the windup and rifling the ball like a slingshot.

The footwork is obvious in the ducks etc.  I think one of his passes nearly went end over end.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtPdJ3iWYAEafMU?format=jpg&name=large'>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtPdJ3iWYAEafMU?format=jpg&name=large</a>
LOL wow!

It's not just his throwing motion. He stares at his intended receiver. The safeties are reading his eyes, and the slow delivery makes it easy for them to intercept.

Before Sunday's game, the talking heads were saying that BB should throw to ARob, even if he was covered because he'll fight for the ball. After BB's interceptions they were chastising him for throwing into coverage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5