Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Keelan Cole on trade block
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
https://twitter.com/profootball411/statu...18593?s=21

https://twitter.com/profootball411/statu...07906?s=21

Makes plenty of sense if it is indeed for a 4th. Especially if they have plans on taking a WR early.
Jerry Jeudy at 9 confirmed  Cool

Minshew - Chark - Jeudy - Westbrook

Trade up with #20 to get an OT and we are ready on offense
I think Caldwell, in fairness, because I have been a complete [BLEEP] hole about his history here. To his credit. He's played this off season pretty well so far. The moves and trades he's made sends out a TON of smokescreens to the rest of the NFL.

Did they trade Nick Foles because they believe in Gardner Minshew, or, because they feel like they might want a QB?
Did they trade Calais Campbell and A.J Bouye because they feel they can land a DE or CB between that 9th pick or 20th pick?
Did they put Cole up on the trading block because they really, really like one of the top, if not, THE top WR with the 9th pick in this year's draft?

All of these moves are a good way to get the rest of the NFL antsy and enticed enough to start making phone calls and sending emails for either one of those picks in the first round now.
It would be a home run to get a 4th rounder out of a 4th receiver. I'd trade my 4th receiver every year for a 4th round pick. This is a reserve player.
It's Keelan
That account is basically full of [BLEEP], it's a 49ers fan in his mom's basement pretending to have a staff working for him and tons of inside sources in the NFL.

Still, would be great to get something for Cole though.
I really doubt he gets a 4th, heck even a 5th would be a big win.

BTW Conley>>>>>>Westrbrook.
I also like Lamb better than Jeudy but I also doubt we go WR at #9.
I'd be surprised if we get a fourth rounder for Cole. He's definitely an reliable receiver and I would hate to see him go. Said team(s) could simply utilize that pick and pick a receiver. I feel that our new offensive staff can put plays in place for his skill set(s). Caldwell may be looking to upgrade the position but that'll mean we'll pass on superior defensive talent to which we Definitely Need at this point and time.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
Cole's value may be about right though. Especially given the circumstances with this year's limited access and abilities to workout specific players and interview players. This is a really smart move. Some teams may want to trade a 4th instead of taking a chance on a rookie they didn't get to visit nor interview.

Surprised they would offer Cole up though over Lee.

Lee would have been the receiver I thought they would have aimed to release or move away from. Unless his roster spot is strictly based on timing. I think they can save money by trading or releasing him after June 1st. WR is still an interesting position on this team. Chark is clearly the guy. But they could still use some firepower to compliment him. I don't think Westbrook will climb much further development wise. Conley is only here for another year.
(04-08-2020, 04:22 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]That account is basically full of [BLEEP], it's a 49ers fan in his mom's basement pretending to have a staff working for him and tons of inside sources in the NFL.

I thought so too but:

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12479...52547?s=21

FWIW, they were in the Eifert and Dennard interest before everyone else. Along with Foles being shopped.

They still have the Jags having interest in Dalton in a potential draft day trade.
I'd like Dalton here for sure, he'd be by far the best backup we've had in years.
4th round pick? Lol. More like a 7th rounder. Wr like him can be drafted for cheap in the mid to late rounds.
(04-08-2020, 06:37 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: [ -> ]4th round pick?  Lol.  More like a 7th rounder.    Wr like him can be drafted for cheap in the mid to late rounds.

I agree. If we got a 4th, I'd light a candle.
Id like to keep Cole but I would do it for a 4th. A 6th or a 7th? No thanks
There are going to be several 4th round WRs better than Cole drafted this year...
(04-08-2020, 07:49 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]There are going to be several 4th round WRs better than Cole drafted this year...
Cole is just a dude.

Just like some people saying “we gotta keep Mickens!”.

If any team offers anything for Cole, take it.
(04-08-2020, 04:17 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]It's Keelan

This ^

And, that's a sketchy twitter account to place much trust in.
(04-08-2020, 04:38 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2020, 04:22 PM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]That account is basically full of [BLEEP], it's a 49ers fan in his mom's basement pretending to have a staff working for him and tons of inside sources in the NFL.

I thought so too but:

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12479...52547?s=21

FWIW, they were in the Eifert and Dennard interest before everyone else. Along with Foles being shopped.

They still have the Jags having interest in Dalton in a potential draft day trade.

They better not throw away another draft pick on Dalton, just after giving one up for Dobbs last season.

I'd be fine with bringing in Dalton as a free agent to compete with Dobbs, but trading for him would be a mistake/waste.
A WR room of Chark/Jeudy/Dede(slot)/Conley/Cole is pretty dang nice
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5