Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL.com - Fournette campaigns for Jaguars to sign Cam Newton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Fournette campaigns for Jaguars to sign Cam Newton

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...cam-newton

Leonard Fournette campaigned for his Cam Newton-to-Jacksonville dream during a Thursday appearance on ESPN and explained it's not personal, it's just about winning.
He is a shell of his former self. No thanks 27.
I honestly wouldn't mind him being here. But I do worry about his physical health. He's taken a beating over the years. And his shoulder and arm strength doesn't seem to be where it used to be.

My other issue is that if he comes here would he be willing to ride the pine behind Minshew or would he expect the starting job to be handed to him based on his past? That could open up a can of worms this team can ill afford in 2020.

Personality wise? If he was cool to be here as a mentor or above average back-up to Minshew? I think he would be one hell of a fit. By all accounts he's a great locker room guy and fans love him. I know he's had some of those "diva" and "brooding" moments with the media after tough losses in the past. But he's not that guy 24/7.
Dalton, Cam or Jameis. I’ll take any of them because I have zero faith in Dobbs.
(04-17-2020, 09:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Dalton, Cam or Jameis. I’ll take any of them because I have zero faith in Dobbs.

Dalton I think will end up in New England depending on what the Bengals decide to do next Thursday. Not a fan of Winston. He's just as turnover prone as Bortles was. Would take my chances with Dobbs over Winston at this point. I like Newton still.
(04-17-2020, 10:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2020, 09:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Dalton, Cam or Jameis. I’ll take any of them because I have zero faith in Dobbs.

Dalton I think will end up in New England depending on what the Bengals decide to do next Thursday. Not a fan of Winston. He's just as turnover prone as Bortles was. Would take my chances with Dobbs over Winston at this point. I like Newton still.
You’re gonna take your chances with Dobbs? No thanks. He has proven nothing except being very smart.

I’ll take Jameis because at least the games will be exciting. Chark would blow up and if they drafted Jeudy, the offense would actually be really good.
So, LF is in the last year of his rookie contract, and instead of supporting his starting QB, he is campaigning to bring in another guy.

Maybe it's time to trade Leonard Fournette.
(04-17-2020, 10:54 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2020, 10:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Dalton I think will end up in New England depending on what the Bengals decide to do next Thursday. Not a fan of Winston. He's just as turnover prone as Bortles was. Would take my chances with Dobbs over Winston at this point. I like Newton still.
You’re gonna take your chances with Dobbs? No thanks. He has proven nothing except being very smart.

I’ll take Jameis because at least the games will be exciting. Chark would blow up and if they drafted Jeudy, the offense would actually be really good.

I don't think I want Cam or Jameis. The first rough outing from Minshew and the mob squads will be out calling for him to be yanked instead of him getting a fair shake. Don't wanna see this team do the back and forth QB dance either only to have no answers at the position.

Cam is toast I think. No thanks period. Injuries, plus his last few years he's had quite a weird attitude. Very snarky and smug....
Winston wants to start and probably deserves a chance to start somewhere, though he may have to wait until after the draft to see how it unfolds to see where he has a spot.
Dalton would be a smart cheap back up veteran familiar with the offense. I'd take him over Dobbs maybe... 

Jameis and Cam are perfect candidates to go somewhere like Vegas, New England, or even Detroit.
Those teams will miss out on (or choose to pass on) the "big 3" QBs of this draft, but will likely use later picks on guys like Love, Fromm, Eason, or Hurts.
(04-17-2020, 11:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So, LF is in the last year of his rookie contract, and instead of supporting his starting QB, he is campaigning to bring in another guy.

+1

Is Cam ready to agree to be a backup ? 

Many teams could give him a starter spot (Chargers, Phins, Pats or even Broncos and Jets).

It'll be Dalton via 5th round pick. Book it. 

Also, Minshew should respond by starting a campaign to draft a RB high to give Fournette "some healthy competition."
(04-17-2020, 12:05 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: [ -> ]

It'll be Dalton via 5th round pick. Book it. 

Also, Minshew should respond by starting a campaign to draft a RB high to give Fournette "some healthy competition."
I don’t wanna trade for Dalton because I don’t want that contract. Hopefully he gets released and then the Jags sign him.
(04-17-2020, 11:00 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]So, LF is in the last year of his rookie contract, and instead of supporting his starting QB, he is campaigning to bring in another guy.

This. The most expendable player on the roster needs to keep his mouth shut. Early third round pick for Fournette sounds about right

Maybe it's time to trade Leonard F ournette.

Completely agree, your entire comment = my first thoughts when I read this.

Jettisoning LF27 and YN91 would complete the elimination of the locker room cancer quadrifecta- Coughlin, Ramsey, Ngakoue and Fournette.
Yeah I hated to see this article, because it really seemed like Fournette had turned a corner regarding his professionalism last year, but these comments make me doubt that.
(04-17-2020, 01:59 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe it's time to trade Leonard F ournette.

Completely agree, your entire comment = my first thoughts when I read this.

Jettisoning LF27 and YN91 would complete the elimination of the locker room cancer quadrifecta- Coughlin, Ramsey, Ngakoue and Fournette.

I have to agree
I am more open to bringing a new and better RB.

This is another idiot too full of himself. Dude your avg per carry is 4 and you had 3 TDs this past season shut the [BLEEP] up.
(04-17-2020, 02:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]I am more open to bringing a new and better RB.

This is another idiot too full of himself. Dude your avg per carry is 4 and you had 3 TDs this past season shut the [BLEEP] up.

4 yards per carry is phenomenal on an NFL level.. not sure what you’re getting at
Been knowing Cam for a minute now
(04-17-2020, 02:59 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2020, 02:38 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]I am more open to bringing a new and better RB.

4 yards per carry is phenomenal on an NFL level.. not sure what you’re getting at

Fred ended up with 4.6
MJD 4.4
Henry this season 5.1 career 4.8
Chubb 5.0 career 5.1
McCaffrey 4.8 career 4.7
Elliot 4.5 career 4.6

4.0 is nothing great. While he is an OK RB he is clearly not a top one and shouldn't be saying these things when he is very replaceable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4