Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump tear gasses peaceful protesters so he can get a photo op?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/...index.html

So from all reports, and video, Trump was enraged by reports that he was in a White House bunker part of the time the other day, so he responds by figuratively flexing for the cameras.  He has the police tear gas the peaceful protesters in front of the White House so he can safely go across the park and stand in front of a church holding up a Bible.  He didn't go inside and pray.  He just stood there for a photo-op, and walked back to the White House.  

A retired national guard general said, "I thought I was watching a scene from something in Turkey, and not in the United States."

Trump supporters- what is your spin on this?  I'm sure it'll be good.
Quote of mine from another thread.

Crowd control and crowd disbursement is messy.  When the Secret Service tells you to move YOU MOVE.  

especially after 50 Secret Service agents were injured during ann assault on the whitehouse.

They knew the street was to be cleared and with the 700 curfew they should have been gone by then.

Again, anyone seeking to turn police officers into teddy bears is childish.
(06-02-2020, 08:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/...index.html

So from all reports, and video, Trump was enraged by reports that he was in a White House bunker part of the time the other day, so he responds by figuratively flexing for the cameras.  He has the police tear gas the peaceful protesters in front of the White House so he can safely go across the park and stand in front of a church holding up a Bible.  He didn't go inside and pray.  He just stood there for a photo-op, and walked back to the White House.  

A retired national guard general said, "I thought I was watching a scene from something in Turkey, and not in the United States."

Trump supporters- what is your spin on this?  I'm sure it'll be good.

I stopped reading at https://www.cnn
Context would be nice. Were the demonstrators previously asked to move back? Was there threats of violence? Or did the Secret Service just come out shooting? If it’s the latter, then yes, it was wrong.

As an aside, CNN reads like a tabloid. Seriously. That article just drips with prejudice and partiality.
As an aside, the photo op was in front of a national historic treasure that the criminals set on fire the night before. Let's not forget the reason for the choice of location.
(06-02-2020, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]As an aside, the photo op was in front of a national historic treasure that the criminals set on fire the night before. Let's not forget the reason for the choice of location.

To hold up a bible. Speaking of context...why was it necessary? 

He wanted to be seen outside the WH because he was so widely criticized for being in a bunker. This is what strongmen do.
The "peaceful protesters" were warned 3 times that they were violating curfew and subject to arrest.
I would encourage everyone to not only read the article, but watch the video also.
Here's another video:  the reporter states that it happened at 6:35, 25 minutes before the curfew, and there was no warning.  Just tear gas, rubber bullets, police charging forward, President comes striding out, crosses the street, and does a photo op holding a Bible.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzBhYhu7NYI
(06-02-2020, 09:59 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]The "peaceful protesters" were warned 3 times that they were violating curfew and subject to arrest.

Curfew was set at 7pm. Tear gas, rubber bullets shot at 6:35
(06-02-2020, 10:12 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2020, 09:59 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: [ -> ]The "peaceful protesters" were warned 3 times that they were violating curfew and subject to arrest.

Curfew was set at 7pm. Tear gas, rubber bullets shot at 6:35

That means in by seven not leave @ 7
(06-02-2020, 10:18 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2020, 10:12 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]Curfew was set at 7pm. Tear gas, rubber bullets shot at 6:35

That means in by seven not leave @ 7

Totally justifiable.
https://twitter.com/GrumpyAnarchist/stat...30433?s=20

First amendment still mean anything?
I’m sure the cops are physically and emotionally exhausted by now. Add to that the fact ‘protesters’ are holding their hands in the air to mimic peaceful George Floyd supporters and then once out of view from the police, transition to looting, destruction and assault.

The protest message has been heard and understood loud and clear. Everyone gets it. What you’re seeing now are mainly people bent on anarchy and unrest.
(06-02-2020, 10:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I’m sure the cops are physically and emotionally exhausted by now. Add to that the fact ‘protesters’ are holding their hands in the air to mimic peaceful George Floyd supporters and then once out of view from the police, transition to looting, destruction and assault.

The protest message has been heard and understood loud and clear. Everyone gets it. What you’re seeing now are mainly people bent on anarchy and unrest.

Just... Lol.
(06-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2020, 10:18 AM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]That means in by seven not leave @ 7

Totally justifiable.

It is for people who have basic common sense.

"I will meet you for dinner at 7" doesn't mean you leave your house at 7.
(06-02-2020, 11:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]Totally justifiable.

Just as curfew means in by 7, not absolutely before then, or we'll shoot you with rubber bullets and tear gas so the president can hold a Bible upside down for some reason.
(06-02-2020, 11:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]Totally justifiable.

Sometimes, if we are going out somewhere and we are meant to be there at 7, and my wife is still doing her makeup at 6.55, I consider the use of tear gas. I can usually restrain myself though.
(06-02-2020, 11:37 AM)JagJohn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2020, 11:14 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It is for people who have basic common sense.

Sometimes, if we are going out somewhere and we are meant to be there at 7, and my wife is still doing her makeup at 6.55, I consider the use of tear gas. I can usually restrain myself though.

A good swatting on the rump will help. I mean, if she's into that sort of thing. Otherwise try this kind of SWATting:

[Image: 141672864.0.0.jpg]

(06-02-2020, 09:46 AM)Gabe Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2020, 09:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]As an aside, the photo op was in front of a national historic treasure that the criminals set on fire the night before. Let's not forget the reason for the choice of location.

To hold up a bible. Speaking of context...why was it necessary? 

He wanted to be seen outside the WH because he was so widely criticized for being in a bunker. This is what strongmen do.

It wasn't, but no matter what he did it would be the wrong thing.
Pages: 1 2 3