Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blame Bortles all you want, but if we had a halfway decent run game we would be 2-1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You can blame Bortles all you want, we are prob last in the NFL in rushing yards and avg 

If we were just 15th in the NFL we would be 2-1, Packers game would be a win with a good running game, and the Ravens game would be a win, but yet when we needed to run out the clock, they RBs ran into brick walls

Its pretty much all on Bortles and the WRs to do it all, no team can win like that, even the great passing teams are good running teams as for as avg yards and total yards

He needs to be benched
Or if the NFL called games evenly.
You can't control games without running the football and you can't win games without controlling them. 

Quote:He needs to be benched
And it would be worst result 
Agreed, but Bortles has to play smarter football.

And his mechanics have regressed.

But yes, our inability to run is absolutely killing us.
Maybe if Blake wouldn't do those fail handoffs into thin air the defense might bite

You must be a new fan and never seen Henne play cause trust me it would be way worse.
I am not giving up on Bortles.  If and when a HC with a clue takes over  and the team including Blake still looks like garbage, then maybe I'd consider it.  These players are probably tired of Gus and his staff and their bad coaching / playcalling

Yeah Henne ball  :teehee:
Blake was an idiot today.

Just stupid, stupid mistakes.

Yes the line needs to figure out a way to run block too, and would help Blake a lot, but he's looking really bad.
But but but, did u see the run game in preseason?
Blake has made some bad plays, and a lot of just plain bad luck. But this coaching staff is failing to develop players at all. A proper coach would have Blake playing lights out

Bahahahahahaha thanks for the laugh.
"If we knew what we were doing wrong we wouldn't do it"

Actual quote from Blake after the game. Sounds like me in my early teens.
Quote:Blake was an idiot today.

Yes the line needs to figure out a way to run block too, and would help Blake a lot, but he's looking really bad.

Definitely. I don't think anyone would possibly say otherwise however I can't help but think that there is simply too much on his shoulders offensively due to the lack of a respectable ground game.

Give this kid some balance before breaking out the acetylene torches (not you...speaking in general). If he's still stinking up the field then it's time for a change.

Blame Bortles all you want, but if we had a halfway decent run game we would be 2-1

I dunno know man, it's tough to win when your QB throws for three INT's............regardless of how great or how lousy the rest of the team is doing. Right now, he's not gotten off to a start that would personify being a franchise QB. I don't think the bloggers are throwing Bortles "under the bus". He's managing to do that all by himself.

Quote:Blake was an idiot today.

define idiot
He sucked last week, and he sucks this week too. 

Quote:He sucked last week, and he sucks this week too. 

bingo
Pages: 1 2 3