Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lombardi - Jags extremely close to trading Yannick - False Alarm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Michael Lombardi
@mlombardiNFL
According to NFL sources, Jacksonville is extremely close to trading Yannick Ngakoue today or tomorrow, have a firm offer in place--(hearing a two). looks like this holdout will be over soon and Jacksonville will get more picks for their tanking....
3:13 PM · Aug 19, 2020·Twitter Web App
If its a 2 I hope it is Njoku and a 2 from the Browns
I hate Lombardi. Report the news, don't throw in the "more picks for their tanking" jab you hack.
I'm kind of hoping for something in addition to the 2 also. And hope it's a low 2
(08-19-2020, 03:29 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kind of hoping for something in addition to the 2 also.   And hope it's a low 2

Browns 2 should be a top 15 pick I would think.

If the Jags send Yan for a 2 only, the essentially have caved on their own conditions and probably could have gotten that this prior draft I think.
(08-19-2020, 03:31 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2020, 03:29 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]I'm kind of hoping for something in addition to the 2 also.   And hope it's a low 2

Browns 2 should be a top 15 pick I would think.

If the Jags send Yan for a 2 only, the essentially have caved on their own conditions and probably could have gotten that this prior draft I think.

Duh.....we don't know where it will be because season hasn't happened. Brain fart on my part.
Adam Kaplan:

#Raiders had been reengaged talks with #Jaguars before training camp.

Will be interesting to see who gets him (if he does get moved).

If he does get traded, I hope its for more than just a 2nd rounder... unless its a top 5 pick in the 2nd round. Otherwise I hope there is a player / more pics involved.
You can't let go of a good pass rusher, at his age, for next to nothing.
CJ Henderson made some weird vague tweet last night about the media and 12:45 Thursday afternoon. Wonder if this is related?
(08-19-2020, 03:27 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]I hate Lombardi. Report the news, don't throw in the "more picks for their tanking" jab you hack.

That annoyed me too. I'm tired of that type of disrespectful.talk towards the Jags. Players in general do not want to thank. They are too competitive and have too much to play for. I'm tired of people like Lombardi and these cheap, insulting shots.
I would rather not trade him away, but if we did, I'd rather get a 1 for him.
(08-19-2020, 03:26 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]If its a 2 I hope it is Njoku and a 2 from the Browns

Not sure how much I'd like this.

While you seem to think the Browns pick should be relatively high, I am not too sure about that.

They were projected to make a major move up in the standings last year.

I think there are reasons why they can make that move this year.

They appear to have a better coach this year.  They are a year more mature this year.  They had nothing approaching stability along the OL last year. 

They have drafted Wills at 10 and signed the guy from Tennessee this offseason.  Adding those tackles will only help Baker Mayfield if they hit on Wills.

A tough division works against them.  Ravens are contenders again, and the Steelers should be better than last year if Big Ben is healthy again.  But with Garrett playing a full schedule (don't see him getting suspended again) opposite Yan , that defense should be formidable.
I'm not sure how this works, but doesn't he have to sign the tender from the franchise tag before the team can trade him?
(08-19-2020, 04:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure how this works, but doesn't he have to sign the tender from the franchise tag before the team can trade him?

Yes.
I am on record hoping for a 2 and a 3. If it's just a 2, I'm a little disappointed.
Usually when one sports guy gets word of something like this they all do. Haven't seen much confirming.
This guy is a clown.
(08-19-2020, 04:22 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Usually when one sports guy gets word of something like this they all do.  Haven't seen much confirming.

That's an excellent point.  Now I'm hearing on 1010xl that Lombardi re-tweeted the fake Adam Schefter account as backup for his claim.
I cannot imagine the Jags taking anything less than a one.
(08-19-2020, 04:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2020, 04:22 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Usually when one sports guy gets word of something like this they all do.  Haven't seen much confirming.

That's an excellent point.  Now I'm hearing on 1010xl that Lombardi re-tweeted the fake Adam Schefter account as backup for his claim.

That casts some serious doubt about his report.
Pages: 1 2 3