Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lombardi - Jags extremely close to trading Yannick - False Alarm

Michael Lombardi
@mlombardiNFL
According to NFL sources, Jacksonville is extremely close to trading Yannick Ngakoue today or tomorrow, have a firm offer in place--(hearing a two). looks like this holdout will be over soon and Jacksonville will get more picks for their tanking....
3:13 PM · Aug 19, 2020·Twitter Web App

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If its a 2 I hope it is Njoku and a 2 from the Browns

I hate Lombardi. Report the news, don't throw in the "more picks for their tanking" jab you hack.

I'm kind of hoping for something in addition to the 2 also. And hope it's a low 2

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 03:31 PM by Kane.)

(08-19-2020, 03:29 PM)newporttom Wrote: I'm kind of hoping for something in addition to the 2 also.   And hope it's a low 2

Browns 2 should be a top 15 pick I would think.

If the Jags send Yan for a 2 only, the essentially have caved on their own conditions and probably could have gotten that this prior draft I think.

(08-19-2020, 03:31 PM)Kane Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 03:29 PM)newporttom Wrote: I'm kind of hoping for something in addition to the 2 also.   And hope it's a low 2

Browns 2 should be a top 15 pick I would think.

If the Jags send Yan for a 2 only, the essentially have caved on their own conditions and probably could have gotten that this prior draft I think.

Duh.....we don't know where it will be because season hasn't happened. Brain fart on my part.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 03:37 PM by High Octane.)

Adam Kaplan:

#Raiders had been reengaged talks with #Jaguars before training camp.

Will be interesting to see who gets him (if he does get moved).

If he does get traded, I hope its for more than just a 2nd rounder... unless its a top 5 pick in the 2nd round. Otherwise I hope there is a player / more pics involved.
You can't let go of a good pass rusher, at his age, for next to nothing.

CJ Henderson made some weird vague tweet last night about the media and 12:45 Thursday afternoon. Wonder if this is related?

(08-19-2020, 03:27 PM)Kane Wrote: I hate Lombardi. Report the news, don't throw in the "more picks for their tanking" jab you hack.

That annoyed me too. I'm tired of that type of disrespectful.talk towards the Jags. Players in general do not want to thank. They are too competitive and have too much to play for. I'm tired of people like Lombardi and these cheap, insulting shots.

I would rather not trade him away, but if we did, I'd rather get a 1 for him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-19-2020, 03:26 PM)Kane Wrote: If its a 2 I hope it is Njoku and a 2 from the Browns

Not sure how much I'd like this.

While you seem to think the Browns pick should be relatively high, I am not too sure about that.

They were projected to make a major move up in the standings last year.

I think there are reasons why they can make that move this year.

They appear to have a better coach this year.  They are a year more mature this year.  They had nothing approaching stability along the OL last year. 

They have drafted Wills at 10 and signed the guy from Tennessee this offseason.  Adding those tackles will only help Baker Mayfield if they hit on Wills.

A tough division works against them.  Ravens are contenders again, and the Steelers should be better than last year if Big Ben is healthy again.  But with Garrett playing a full schedule (don't see him getting suspended again) opposite Yan , that defense should be formidable.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I'm not sure how this works, but doesn't he have to sign the tender from the franchise tag before the team can trade him?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-19-2020, 04:18 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I'm not sure how this works, but doesn't he have to sign the tender from the franchise tag before the team can trade him?

Yes.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I am on record hoping for a 2 and a 3. If it's just a 2, I'm a little disappointed.

Usually when one sports guy gets word of something like this they all do. Haven't seen much confirming.

This guy is a clown.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(08-19-2020, 04:22 PM)newporttom Wrote: Usually when one sports guy gets word of something like this they all do.  Haven't seen much confirming.

That's an excellent point.  Now I'm hearing on 1010xl that Lombardi re-tweeted the fake Adam Schefter account as backup for his claim.

I cannot imagine the Jags taking anything less than a one.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-19-2020, 04:29 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(08-19-2020, 04:22 PM)newporttom Wrote: Usually when one sports guy gets word of something like this they all do.  Haven't seen much confirming.

That's an excellent point.  Now I'm hearing on 1010xl that Lombardi re-tweeted the fake Adam Schefter account as backup for his claim.

That casts some serious doubt about his report.