Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bucks Boycott Playoff Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bucks-boyco...11691.html

I really miss the comments section in Yahoo write-ups.
No one will even notice. Much less care.
(08-26-2020, 05:33 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]No one will even notice. Much less care.

What Covid-19 has taught me from the time period March through July is that I really can live without sports.  I'm so far behind on every single Netflix series that I may not need sports for another 3 years.

I really hope they give Orlando Magic the win and the Bucks boycott the next 2 games as well --- perhaps we can win this series after all.

Now, if all the other NFL teams follow the same course of action, the Jags can go 19-0
What will this accomplish exactly?
You can't make this [BLEEP] up. The world has gone mad
(08-26-2020, 05:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]What will this accomplish exactly?

Good Question --- Their payroll is $135 million (including $33 million to freaking Khris Middleton) ..... seems like they could put their money to good use.

I'm getting to the point were I'd love to see some sort of fan boycott across the country.  Just imagine if 50% of the fans decided not to renew tix -- owners would need to cut salaries big time.
I guess they protest against the black guy who has killed a 5 years old boy...of course not, only white people are racist I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com...index.html
(08-26-2020, 05:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2020, 05:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]What will this accomplish exactly?

Good Question --- Their payroll is $135 million (including $33 million to freaking Khris Middleton) ..... seems like they could put their money to good use.

I'm getting to the point were I'd love to see some sort of fan boycott across the country.  Just imagine if 50% of the fans decided not to renew tix -- owners would need to cut salaries big time.

Their boycott changes absolutely nothing. Especially before any facts come out.  I feel sorry for the coaches and staff who have to pretend to care about this crap to save their own butts.
They canceled all the games today instead of giving a team a loss.

I wonder what TV execs who have to scramble to fill air time now think about this? Since fans aren't there they won't impact anyone who spent money, but I don't think this is going to work out how they want it to.

I'm all for them helping the communities they grew up in, but stop pretending you care and making a stand over criminals. Why don't you do something to teach the community how to not fight police and commit crimes.
(08-26-2020, 06:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]They canceled all the games today instead of giving a team a loss.

I wonder what TV execs who have to scramble to fill air time now think about this? Since fans aren't there they won't impact anyone who spent money, but I don't think this is going to work out how they want it to.

I'm all for them helping the communities they grew up in, but stop pretending you care and making a stand over criminals. Why don't you do something to teach the community how to not fight police and commit crimes.

They can just show the RNC. Better ratings.
(08-26-2020, 06:08 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]They canceled all the games today instead of giving a team a loss.

Most NBA players do a significant amount of community work. More than you or I
(08-26-2020, 06:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]

They do what they have to. They also support Chinese slave camps.
(08-26-2020, 06:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2020, 06:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]Most NBA players do a significant amount of community work. More than you or I

They do what they have to. They also support Chinese slave camps.

They don't have to do any of that. Some athletes and rich people don't. 

And you buy and use Chinese products.
(08-26-2020, 06:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]

I can guarantee you they don't donate the same % of money

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(08-26-2020, 06:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2020, 06:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]They do what they have to. They also support Chinese slave camps.

They don't have to do any of that. Some athletes and rich people don't. 

Your entire post is an assumption.
Now MLB is cancelling a game

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Haha. Hollywood next
(08-26-2020, 06:38 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2020, 06:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: [ -> ]They don't have to do any of that. Some athletes and rich people don't. 

Your entire post is an assumption.

I think it's safe to assume not every athlete or rich person does community work.

You don't use a phone with Chinese components? What phone do you use

Nothing! If I were to go into my job and say, "I don't wanna do any work today. Too many unjust things are going on in the world and I just can't deal with it," I'd get fired. NBA players are already looked at as being a bunch of spoiled, overpaid, babies and this boycott is just proving that. I hope the NBA tanks.
(08-26-2020, 06:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing! If I were to go into my job and say, "I don't wanna do any work today. Too many unjust things are going on in the world and I just can't deal with it," I'd get fired. NBA players are already looked at as being a bunch of spoiled, overpaid, babies and this boycott is just proving that. I hope the NBA tanks.

Don't owners and players share profits in NBA? They are so woke they done cancelled themselves lol.

I was a diehard Spurs fan since the 3rd grade. I lost my passion for the league this year. It literally just went away. I haven't tuned into a single game since the restart. I only know who is playing because of Twitter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4