Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Going into September what is your final record prediction for the Jags.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is all assuming covid 19 does not cut the season short.

My factors
-Very littlle veteran leadership or talent
-Rookies playing key roles
-Offensive and defensive line issues
-No big proven playmakers at receiver
-Tight end is paper thin
-the entire roster is paper thin
-Same lame duck coach returns along with lame duck front office
-By far the least talented team in the AFC south
-Gruden teaching a whole new offense with 0 preseason games to get it together.

My final prediction is 3-13.    Minshew maybe good but a QB can't do it alone.  Danny Marino can vouch for that.   Josh Allen is the only current player on this roster hat really has elite talent.   It's going to be a long year.
6 to 8 wins.
5 wins at best, unless Minshew plays at pro bow level...
2-3 wins, one of the worst seasons we have ever had with the franchise.

Crazy part is no one knows if they are purposely tanking or if they are playing at 100%....
6-10
I think Minshew will pull out 4 games for us. I think we beat the Dolphins, Bengals and Lions and win 1 division game.
8-8
(08-31-2020, 03:26 PM)nate Wrote: [ -> ]8-8

And I thought I was an optimist!   Rolleyes
I'm going to say 7-9
Bears, Browns, Phins, Bengals, Steelers, Lions, Bolts, clots, and tinhorns account for 11 games (2 each for clots and tinhorns)
7 wins between those 11 games. All of these teams were either bottom of the barrel along with us or at least have enough holes of their own that they are winnable games via improvement from our offense of a year ago and at least being enough on D to not get blown out by rookie QBs or older broken QBs. Divisional opponents tend to be close games even when rosters aren't evenly matched and I honestly don't think the either the clots nor tinhorns got better this off season.

Vikes, Ravens, Green Bay, Hell... even the tacks... are easy to mark as Ls for now. Playoff teams with good QB play and very good running attacks and 3 out of the 4 have very good D's.

I know a lot of people are going to say I'm overly optimistic or got teal shades on... but I'm counting 7 wins, not saying anything about playoffs. I just think Shew takes a step, Chark emerges as a top tier WR in the league (dare I say, top 5). We finally get production from the TE position, and the OL is better than bad (Cam is better, rookie Taylor takes a step, and Bartch solidifies the RG spot). I can see us averaging 30 points a game and that'll be enough to beat teams that are just as bad as us or worse.
The recent release of Fournette doesn't move the needle much for me. Honestly as much as I defended the dude in the past, he was miscast, overdrafted, and rarely did we win BECAUSE of him. I doubt we miss him that much.
The trading of Yan means the D takes a hit for sure. But Allen was already showing to be a stud. We just need to be a little lucky with some veteran FAs like Scho and Timmy being better than average and I think the D will do enough to not suck totally. Still probably will rank in the 20s overall somewhere but good enough to prevent guys like Foles/Trubisky, Mayfield, Tua/Fitz/Rosen, Taylor/Herbert from running train on us.
It's hard to predict.  This has been a VERY unusual off-season... for every team.  I have faith that the team can pull off 6-8 wins.  More than that will be a pleasant surprise.  Less than that won't be a huge surprise.
You guys are gonna hate my scenario.......

The Jags go into the final 2 weeks of the season with a 2-12 record. They have a lock on the #1 pick, ahead of the New England Patriots who have a 3-11 record. We go into Chicago and are trailing 17-3, but Minshew leads a massive comeback and we win the game 27-17. This means we now are tied with the Patriots for the worst record in the NFL. Both of us lose in the final week of the season, giving us matching 3-13 records, but because of some weird tie breaker scenario, the Pats end up with the #1 overall pick. We offer them the moon in order to trade spots, but Bill Belichik (being the genius that he is,) rebuffs all our trade offers and selects QB Trevor Lawrence. All of his defensive stars that opted out this season, return in 2021 and the Patriots have another juggernaut for the next decade. Meanwhile, LT phenom Penei Sewell opts to stay in school and the Jaguars are forced to reach for a QB that ends up busting. Despite this, Khan extends the contracts of Caldwell, Marrone, Wash and Gruden.
(08-31-2020, 03:17 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: [ -> ]2-3 wins, one of the worst seasons we have ever had with the franchise.

Crazy part is no one knows if they are purposely tanking or if they are playing at 100%....

This IMO fits. Jags will have a top 3 pick in 2021 if not the top pick. Jags were 6-10 last year and the cupboard is empty in 2020.

Same O-line.
QB will be running for his life, we need to keep 3 QB's on the 53 man.
No RB's
D-line depleted, very young and inexperienced
DB's are suspect besides Hayden
LB's are OK nothing to be excited about

Only good thing we have are WR's and Minshew won't have the time to throw the ball.

Yeah that sums it up.
1-15

There's got to be a lucky win in there somewhere.
(08-31-2020, 03:50 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 03:17 PM)TearExtractor Wrote: [ -> ]2-3 wins, one of the worst seasons we have ever had with the franchise.

This IMO fits. Jags will have a top 3 pick in 2021 if not the top pick. Jags were 6-10 last year and the cupboard is empty in 2020.

Same O-line. So the same OL from last year is going to be worse with LT fully recovered from ACL injury, RT no longer a rookie, and RG not a merry go round of Cann and Richardson every other series?
QB will be running for his life, we need to keep 3 QB's on the 53 man. QB plays better on the move. Teams beat him last year when they forced him to stay in pocket more. Also, I think the OL will be better and I also think that some of the issues last year weren't the OL but the rookie QB making some rookie QB vision mistakes.
No RB's Ya'll acting like Fournette was the heart and soul of the team man... most of ya'll trashed the dude every chance you got when he "went down on first contact" and "had no vision". Now we're all of a sudden gonna be missing him so much, smh lmao.
D-line depleted, very young and inexperienced Allen is probably gonna be two times the player Yan was. We added Timmy Jernigan who has plenty of experience. Smoot is going into year 4. Jones has also been on the team awhile. Now, we can argue that we have less talent, but let's not talk about how the DL is so young and inexperienced because we moved Campbell and Yan.
DB's are suspect besides Hayden Fair. Although, when targeted Herndon actually wasn't that bad last year. Henderson is a rookie but I think he'll be better than most of the gata haters wanna believe. But yeah, this is a position lacking in depth and experience for sure.
LB's are OK nothing to be excited about Fair. But most 43 teams don't have a bunch of Wagners and Wrights on their roster.

Only good thing we have are WR's and Minshew won't have the time to throw the ball.

Yeah that sums it up.

(08-31-2020, 03:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are gonna hate my scenario.......

The Jags go into the final 2 weeks of the season with a 2-12 record. They have a lock on the #1 pick, ahead of the New England Patriots who have a 3-11 record. We go into Chicago and are trailing 17-3, but Minshew leads a massive comeback and we win the game 27-17. This means we now are tied with the Patriots  for the worst record in the NFL. Both of us lose in the final week of the season, giving us matching 3-13 records, but because of some weird tie breaker scenario, the Pats end up with the #1 overall pick. We offer them the moon in order to trade spots, but Bill Belichik (being the genius that he is,) rebuffs all our trade offers and selects QB Trevor Lawrence. All of his defensive stars that opted out this season, return in 2021 and the Patriots have another juggernaut for the next decade. Meanwhile, LT phenom Penei Sewell opts to stay in school and the Jaguars are forced to reach for a QB that ends up busting. Despite this, Khan extends the contracts of Caldwell, Marrone, Wash and Gruden.

Geez man just jump already.

Also, in your scenario, picking 2nd, we end up with Fields (not a reach) who could very well end up just as good (or better) than Lawrence.

But don't let me rain on your crybaby parade of why life is so bad and how the worst possible thing always happens to us Jag fans lol
Khan extends contracts of Caldwell and Marrone after a 3 win season is just laughable.
3-7 I don’t think we get a whole season this year
7-7-2
(08-31-2020, 03:26 PM)nate Wrote: [ -> ]8-8

I'm going with this. 

Some of you folks need to stop getting so emotional.
(08-31-2020, 04:02 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 03:50 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]This IMO fits. Jags will have a top 3 pick in 2021 if not the top pick. Jags were 6-10 last year and the cupboard is empty in 2020.

Same O-line. So the same OL from last year is going to be worse with LT fully recovered from ACL injury, RT no longer a rookie, and RG not a merry go round of Cann and Richardson every other series?
QB will be running for his life, we need to keep 3 QB's on the 53 man. QB plays better on the move. Teams beat him last year when they forced him to stay in pocket more. Also, I think the OL will be better and I also think that some of the issues last year weren't the OL but the rookie QB making some rookie QB vision mistakes.
No RB's Ya'll acting like Fournette was the heart and soul of the team man... most of ya'll trashed the dude every chance you got when he "went down on first contact" and "had no vision". Now we're all of a sudden gonna be missing him so much, smh lmao.
D-line depleted, very young and inexperienced Allen is probably gonna be two times the player Yan was. We added Timmy Jernigan who has plenty of experience. Smoot is going into year 4. Jones has also been on the team awhile. Now, we can argue that we have less talent, but let's not talk about how the DL is so young and inexperienced because we moved Campbell and Yan.
DB's are suspect besides Hayden Fair. Although, when targeted Herndon actually wasn't that bad last year. Henderson is a rookie but I think he'll be better than most of the gata haters wanna believe. But yeah, this is a position lacking in depth and experience for sure.
LB's are OK nothing to be excited about Fair. But most 43 teams don't have a bunch of Wagners and Wrights on their roster.

Yeah that sums it up.

(08-31-2020, 03:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are gonna hate my scenario.......

The Jags go into the final 2 weeks of the season with a 2-12 record. They have a lock on the #1 pick, ahead of the New England Patriots who have a 3-11 record. We go into Chicago and are trailing 17-3, but Minshew leads a massive comeback and we win the game 27-17. This means we now are tied with the Patriots  for the worst record in the NFL. Both of us lose in the final week of the season, giving us matching 3-13 records, but because of some weird tie breaker scenario, the Pats end up with the #1 overall pick. We offer them the moon in order to trade spots, but Bill Belichik (being the genius that he is,) rebuffs all our trade offers and selects QB Trevor Lawrence. All of his defensive stars that opted out this season, return in 2021 and the Patriots have another juggernaut for the next decade. Meanwhile, LT phenom Penei Sewell opts to stay in school and the Jaguars are forced to reach for a QB that ends up busting. Despite this, Khan extends the contracts of Caldwell, Marrone, Wash and Gruden.

Geez man just jump already.

Also, in your scenario, picking 2nd, we end up with Fields (not a reach) who could very well end up just as good (or better) than Lawrence.

But don't let me rain on your crybaby parade of why life is so bad and how the worst possible thing always happens to us Jag fans lol
Khan extends contracts of Caldwell and Marrone after a 3 win season is just laughable.

Fields is a fraud. 

It's not a laughable scenario. Caldwell and Marrone should've been gone after last season. Just about every other owner in the NFL would've done so. Here, the owner has gotten so used to failure, he seems to encourage it. Nothing he does or doesn't do about the front office and coaching staff would surprise me. He seems to constantly go against conventional wisdom.
(08-31-2020, 04:02 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2020, 03:50 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]This IMO fits. Jags will have a top 3 pick in 2021 if not the top pick. Jags were 6-10 last year and the cupboard is empty in 2020.

Same O-line. So the same OL from last year is going to be worse with LT fully recovered from ACL injury, RT no longer a rookie, and RG not a merry go round of Cann and Richardson every other series? Still The same O-Line and nothing has changed. Cann is still suspect as well as Cam, LG can't hold his own.  
QB will be running for his life, we need to keep 3 QB's on the 53 man. QB plays better on the move. Teams beat him last year when they forced him to stay in pocket more. Also, I think the OL will be better and I also think that some of the issues last year weren't the OL but the rookie QB making some rookie QB vision mistakes. Again O-Line is porous and no depth. Offense will be one dimensional and defenses will play to keep QB in pocket.
No RB's Ya'll acting like Fournette was the heart and soul of the team man... most of ya'll trashed the dude every chance you got when he "went down on first contact" and "had no vision". Now we're all of a sudden gonna be missing him so much(We will be missing those 1600 scrimmage yards for sure), smh lmao. No I'm acting like the backfield at RB is bad and that there is no one on the roster that can do what the likes of LF actually accomplished last year. Again, we have a stock of no experience, and RB's that can't stay on the field, still.
D-line depleted, very young and inexperienced Allen is probably gonna be two times the player Yan was. We added Timmy Jernigan who has plenty of experience. Smoot is going into year 4. Jones has also been on the team awhile. Now, we can argue that we have less talent, but let's not talk about how the DL is so young and inexperienced because we moved Campbell and Yan. This is a great set-up..... Allen will be double teamed, Timmy isn't what you think he is or he wouldn't be on the carousel he is on right now in the NFL. Smoot is a back up at best on 31 other teams. Jones???? O.K. Jones would not make any other roster in the NFL, and it wasn't just Yan and Cambell..... it was Dareus as well..... 3/4 of your starting D-line. Why did the Jags go after so many FA D-line players??? They are gone as well.
DB's are suspect besides Hayden Fair. Although, when targeted Herndon actually wasn't that bad last year. Henderson is a rookie but I think he'll be better than most of the gata haters wanna believe. But yeah, this is a position lacking in depth and experience for sure. I know I was fair, actually the DB's are back-ups anywhere else with the exception maybe of Harrison, Henderson, Hayden, but not much experience there except Hayden.
LB's are OK nothing to be excited about Fair. But most 43 teams don't have a bunch of Wagners and Wrights on their roster. The Browns of all teams didn't resign Shoebert. That's saying something. Fan favorite of course, but we don't need a fan favotite, we need ballers!! 

To add to this, there was no camps, and preseason on a team that the coaches are inept (w/ the exception of Keenan), and that's being nice.

Yeah that sums it up.
Yeah that sums it up, again.
If we play a whole year? 2-14.

If not, something like 1-7, 0-5, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8