Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Robinson opens up as week 1 starter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I really feel like he is the biggest reason they let LF go and they knew he would be the starter after he beat everyone out including LF.  Im more excited about seeing him play probably than any

https://www.jaguars.com/news/depth-chart-released

Looks like Gotsis beat out Smoot
It's an unofficial depth chart. I wouldn't put much stock into it. Fun to look at, but that's about it.
(09-07-2020, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's an unofficial depth chart. I wouldn't put much stock into it. Fun to look at, but that's about it.

It just came out and the game is in less than a week, I doubt it changes

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/9/7/2...tains-2020
(09-07-2020, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 08:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's an unofficial depth chart. I wouldn't put much stock into it. Fun to look at, but that's about it.

It just came out and the game is in less than a week, I doubt it changes

It may not change publicly, but lets not act like this is set in stone either. They likely go RBBC until somebody proves otherwise. Hard to truly judge RB play without live games.
(09-07-2020, 09:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]It just came out and the game is in less than a week, I doubt it changes

It may not change publicly, but lets not act like this is set in stone either. They likely go RBBC until somebody proves otherwise. Hard to truly judge RB play without live games.
Even Chris Thompson said in the interview dude had the best vision out of all the backs.  You can see things in practice and scrimmage
(09-07-2020, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 09:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It may not change publicly, but lets not act like this is set in stone either. They likely go RBBC until somebody proves otherwise. Hard to truly judge RB play without live games.
Even Chris Thompson said in the interview dude had the best vision out of all the backs.  You can see things in practice and scrimmage

I seen what he said, but I prefer seeing it in live fire and against other teams, rather than in practices vs what could be one of the weakest Defenses in the entire league.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket, like you love to do so often.
(09-07-2020, 09:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Even Chris Thompson said in the interview dude had the best vision out of all the backs.  You can see things in practice and scrimmage

I seen what he said, but I prefer seeing it in live fire and against other teams, rather than in practices vs what could be one of the weakest Defenses in the entire league.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket, like you love to do so often.
At what point did I put all my eggs in one basket?  Lol. He has looked the best in practice so you start him.  If Ozigbo looks better in the games, then move him up in the depth chart.  But as of week 1 Robinson is the starter being he has looked the best In practice which is the only thing we have been able to go off of since there was no preseason.  Im sure Thompson will be our 3rd down back
(09-07-2020, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 09:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]It may not change publicly, but lets not act like this is set in stone either. They likely go RBBC until somebody proves otherwise. Hard to truly judge RB play without live games.

(09-07-2020, 09:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 09:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Even Chris Thompson said in the interview dude had the best vision out of all the backs.  You can see things in practice and scrimmage

Vision always translates. His speed and quickness may not allow him to make the same plays in the NFL like he did in college, but we shouldn't see him running into the back of the OL most of the time when there is a hole available. Sure you want to see if in the field, but if his speed and quickness are up to NFL standards, he will be a starter.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
(09-07-2020, 09:48 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 09:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I seen what he said, but I prefer seeing it in live fire and against other teams, rather than in practices vs what could be one of the weakest Defenses in the entire league.

At what point did I put all my eggs in one basket?  Lol. He has looked the best in practice so you start him.  If Ozigbo looks better in the games, then move him up in the depth chart.  But as of week 1 Robinson is the starter being he has looked the best In practice which is the only thing we have been able to go off of since there was no preseason.  Im sure Thompson will be our 3rd down back

You said you feel like he's the reason they dumped Fournette... That's surely putting a good amount of eggs in his basket.

As I said, being the starter doesn't mean much if it's RBBC... If there's 3 different backs all getting 8-12 touches per, does it really matter who is listed first?

(09-07-2020, 09:49 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]

(09-07-2020, 09:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]I seen what he said, but I prefer seeing it in live fire and against other teams, rather than in practices vs what could be one of the weakest Defenses in the entire league.

Vision always translates. His speed and quickness may not allow him to make the same plays in the NFL like he did in college, but we shouldn't see him running into the back of the OL most of the time when there is a hole available. Sure you want to see if in the field, but if his speed and quickness are up to NFL standards, he will be a starter.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

He doesn't really have much long speed at all (you can see it in the cut ups, as well as his 40 time. That's ok though because long speed isn't the deal breaker at all), but his explosive drill numbers were pretty good. Which is pretty key for being agile enough and going from 0-100 quickly. Vision I agree, always translates and will absolutely make up for some other areas that aren't top notch.
I know the defensive line starters are basically irrelevant as you really rotate 7-8 guys throughout a game. But the idea of Bryan and Gotsis as two starters is a bit discouraging.
The way I see it what do we have to lose?
I'd be fine with either Robinson or Ozigbo starting. I kinda wanna see how they fare behind this O-Line.
(09-07-2020, 11:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be fine with either Robinson or Ozigbo starting. I kinda wanna see how they fare behind this O-Line.

Behind this O-line? They will need to keep 4 RB's on the roster and 4 on the practice squad.
(09-07-2020, 09:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 08:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]It just came out and the game is in less than a week, I doubt it changes

Comparably the DE starting roles may say one thing on the depth chart but let's not pretend that Gostis is going to be on the field more than 30ish% of snaps. Unless teams are just able to run every down on us like much of late last season. This D will need Allen and Chaisson to be on the field together a lot.

But we'll see what Wash decides to do I guess.

(09-07-2020, 11:33 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2020, 11:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be fine with either Robinson or Ozigbo starting. I kinda wanna see how they fare behind this O-Line.

Behind this O-line? They will need to keep 4 RB's on the roster and 4 on the practice squad.

MMmmmm my daily dose of hyperbole.

I think the OL is going to surprise some of the doubtful fans.
I'm also hoping to see Bartch eventually unseat Cann but that may not happen until later or next season seeing as the rook didn't get much of an off season.
I love it. He was really good and college and seems to be the complete opposite of the type of back Fournette was for us.
Maybe he will be a diamond in the rough. Trying to be positive for the season.
I picked this guy up and my fantasy league as soon as I heard Fournette was cut. I figured the other running backs were known quantities, and a surprise like cutting Fournette had to be caused by a new running back who wasn't on the roster last year.
Arian Foster was a UDFA who came in and took the starting job, and then the league by storm by having great vision, good enough speed and a little bit of power behind his pads. I'll reserve judgement until I see him play in a live game but RB is one of those positions where there's not much of a learning curve from NCAA to NFL and someone can have success immediately.

Even 2 years ago Phillip Lindsay came out of nowhere as a UDFA to post 1,000 yards. You find talent/football players all over, hopefully this kid lives up to the hype! It can't be worse than watching Fournette play through a straw and ignore a hole and run directly into the line/clogged gap.

Gruden relies heavily on Inside Zone which requires great vision above all else, it was said by Thompson that Robinson had the best vision of all the backs in camp, as long as it's not teamspeak/hyperbole I think the kid has a shot if our Guards can actually live up to their pricy contracts for once haha.
(09-08-2020, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I picked this guy up and my fantasy league as soon as I heard Fournette was cut.  I figured the other running backs were known quantities, and a surprise like cutting Fournette had to be caused by a new running back who wasn't on the roster last year.

I grabbed him late in a keeper league, just in case.
On a tangentially related note, K'lavon Chaisson is NOT designated a starter, and is listed directly behind Josh Allen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6