Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Spoiled Bologna! Does Marrone finish out the season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1-4 on our way to another abysmal season.   What are your thoughts about him finishing this year?

My take is the GM has put this roster in a very bad spot.   You can't make diamonds from turds.   Let them finish the season out and get a heavy duty broom for a clean sweep.   I think it's time to hit the nuclear button and clean house.  Keep a few assistants but it's time for some new blood here.   Losing has become the Jaguars culture. It is also obvious that Tom Coughlin was not the major problem here.   Do you think the current regime deserves more time beyond 2020 and why?
He's going to get next year too

Edit: he shouldn't, but I'll be very surprised if he gets fired this year or before next.
(10-11-2020, 06:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]1-4 on our way to another abysmal season.   What are your thoughts about him finishing this year?

My take is the GM has put this roster in a very bad spot.   You can't make diamonds from turds.   Let them finish the season out and get a heavy duty broom for a clean sweep.   I think it's time to hit the nuclear button and clean house.  Keep a few assistants but it's time for some new blood here.   Losing has become the Jaguars culture. It is also obvious that Tom Coughlin was not the major problem here.   Do you think the current regime deserves more time beyond 2020 and why?

HELL NO!  Get EVERYONE out.  No stragglers.
(10-11-2020, 06:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]1-4 on our way to another abysmal season.   What are your thoughts about him finishing this year?

Con will let them finish out the season... that’s for sure!
What we think will not matter. They will be here until Kahn finds someone better and can work with. Besides our GM has a habit of stubbing his toe on the way to the draft causing him to pick this way in the first round. Once the pain goes away he is ok. Our head coach just needs cheese to put on his sandwiches. So if we carry the GM to the draft and get our HC some cheese we should be fine...Wink
I'd be surprised if he doesn't. Remember, at the end of last year Caldwell and Marrone presented a "plan" for the future. Shortly thereafter, they got rid of all the "malcontents" and "aging veterans." There was a lot of talk about firesales and tanking, and after weeks 1 and 2 there was a lot of "crow eating"; but at the end of the day, this product is what was sold to Kahn by Doug and Dave. If it wasn't, Kahn would have put his foot down and stopped some of the moves they made.

I imagine they'll both be back next year to let this planned "youth revolution" ride a bit. Whether they should be or not is a different story...
Khan will likely give both Caldwell and Marrone extensions during the season. Khan isn't concerned about the product on the field.
Trying to predict what Shad is going to do is a fools errand.
Here's the problem with firing Marone mid season...

If we do, it's likely Jay Gruden becomes iterim.. and judging from our past if that happens, he'd likely get a shot next year. I personally do not want Gruden as a HC, he's not good at it.
Fire Marrone and Wash... Gruden to interim HC with the understanding that its just temporary, bring in Wade Phillips as Dc who is sitting on his couch...Get a jump on next year. Let Wade Phillips slowly start sprinkling in his defense into the play calling so next year it's not all brand new. Next year a full year of Gruden offense and some of Wade Phillips defense and brand new HC...
The whole state of the Jaguars is just sad.
Marrone and his sidekick should have been gone last year ..... because of the covid bs...they'll prolly get another year.
Welcome to duval!
Prepare to cry.
If we want to have any chance on Bienemy as HC, we need to go ahead and fire Douggie Fresh now. SO we can get first dibs. That is, if he doesn't take the Texans job.
I'm actually starting to be convinced Con looks at sports teams more as a buisness venture than to win.

His English soccer team is always stuck in perpetual doo doo level. When they actually get a young star star player that comes on, they sell them. Sound familiar?
(10-11-2020, 07:38 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm actually starting to be convinced Con looks at sports teams more as a buisness venture than to win.

His English soccer team is always stuck in perpetual doo doo level. When they actually get a young star star player that comes on, they sell them. Sound familiar?

Starting to? He's been that way since day one.
Which season? 2021? Wouldn't surprise me.
Even if we don't win another game, I don't see Khan firing anyone until after the season.
(10-11-2020, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]Even if we don't win another game, I don't see Khan firing anyone until after the season.

Agreed.  And I am fine with that, as long as a total house-cleaning happens the day after the last game.  I mean, Atlanta has had WAYYYY more success than us:  went to the Super Bowl, numerous winning seasons... and they are blowing it all up.  That owner wants to win.  If Khan doesn't do it this year, it will show me he doesn't care.  Then I will simultaneously stop caring too.
I'm not sure what Shad will do. He seems pretty patient. He does remind me quite a bit like Arthur Blank in that regard. Arthur waited a while to fire Dan Quinn it seems. The Falcons struggled this year, but really haven't seemed the same since they lost the Super Bowl against the Patriots a few years ago.

I could see Shad giving Doug to the end of the season. Though if the jags go on a really long losing streak like 1-8 or something, maybe he fires him before then.
Khan already said it's how you finish that matters. He said in 2018 we were 3-1 and finished bad, so it doesn't matter how they start.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
No, he stays unfortunately. The Balogna has been packaged with a ton of preservatives, so it won't spoil, and will keep its bland taste forever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4