Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should I still watch this team lose?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
As of 10/11/20, we are 1-4. Season after season we can’t seem to change anything on our team. Win, lose, lose, lose... you get my point. Our situations on both sides of the ball aren’t the best and haven’t changed, and it’s continuing to fail the team. I take time every Sunday to watch the team and I’m almost constantly left disappointed. So it leaves me asking, “Why should I keep watching this season?” Or “why should I look forward to the next game?”.
I don't, anymore. I got so much stuff to juggle on the weekends before the work week starts again, and at the same time I try and set aside some time to relax and de-stress. I am not going to waste 3 hours watching the Jags run into each other and fail.

I do check the score between 2 and 2:30, I look at the box score and see if the Jags are struggling. They almost always are, and I just go on with my weekend. If it looks like it's a good game I'll tune in.
I'm not going to put up with the misery. Until people start tuning out, there is no reason for Khan to make changes.
(10-11-2020, 06:59 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]I don't, anymore. I got so much stuff to juggle on the weekends before the work week starts again, and at the same time I try and set aside some time to relax and de-stress. I am not going to waste 3 hours watching the Jags run into each other and fail.

I do check the score between 2 and 2:30, I look at the box score and see if the Jags are struggling. They almost always are, and I just go on with my weekend. If it looks like it's a good game I'll tune in.
The best games were between the the titans and the colts but the others have been atrocious. Good on you for not watching.
(10-11-2020, 07:02 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not going to put up with the misery.  Until people start tuning out, there is no reason for Khan to make changes.

I can't speak for the masses, but if Khan doesn't make wholesale leadership changes after this season, I am done with this franchise.
Meh, I always watch. Hell I watched every game of the Bradley era too
If you don't watch you'll miss plays like the James Robinson fumble out of the wildcat on 4th and short in the red zone. Worth it for that alone.
I just got promoted this week. It means I have to transfer to a new store. As the new guy, I get a crappy shift.

It was meant to be. I probably won't see anymore games this season.
After the Bradley years of losing and now the bologna years ..... as a fan of the Jaguars and what they USED to be ...
a tough hard nosed team that were respected as a defensive team that was never a push over.

I'm really, really close to being done.
Especially if the current HC and his clown show are here for 2021.
The Jags are now the laughing stock of the NFL.

I can only hope Khan is listening.
I am typically very optimistic.

That has ended. What a dumpster fire. That was the easiest stretch of schedule in history and they went 0-3. Get Marrone OUT OF THERE.

I do still think Caldwell is an outstanding drafter/talent scout and this team is full of way too young to win now talent apparently, but it really may be just time to move on or see if he wants to stay as a scout and hire a new GM. Marrone needs to go 100 percent though.

The problem is clearly on defense. That is one of the softest nfl defenses I can remember seeing. Other teams put LONG, game breaking drives together one after another after another. Possession is typically so lopsided it's actually laughable.

I have no idea what happened to the tough, fighting team that we all saw weeks 1 and 2, but it's not there anymore.
(10-11-2020, 07:29 PM)Iason Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't watch you'll miss plays like the James Robinson fumble out of the wildcat on 4th and short in the red zone. Worth it for that alone.

The best play I’ve ever watched. Can’t get any better
(10-11-2020, 07:35 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I am typically very optimistic.

That has ended. What a dumpster fire. That was the easiest stretch of schedule in history and they went 0-3. Get Marrone OUT OF THERE.

I do still think Caldwell is an outstanding drafter/talent scout and this team is full of way too young to win now talent apparently, but it really may be just time to move on or see if he wants to stay as a scout and hire a new GM. Marrone needs to go 100 percent though.

The problem is clearly on defense. That is one of the softest nfl defenses I can remember seeing. Other teams put LONG, game breaking drives together one after another after another. Possession is typically so lopsided it's actually laughable.

I have no idea what happened to the tough, fighting team that we all saw weeks 1 and 2, but it's not there anymore.

What?!?!?!  LMAO!!!!!!  No way you let that guy stay in the building.  Get EVERYONE out.
(10-11-2020, 07:39 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2020, 07:35 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: [ -> ]I am typically very optimistic.

What?!?!?!  LMAO!!!!!!  No way you let that guy stay in the building.  Get EVERYONE out.
What I saw in week one/two was very promising. I was confident we could have an 8-8 or 9-7 season. The game against the Dolphins was very bad but I still had hope for the season. Week 4 was atrocious and the team got exposed pretty badly. This game today was promising at first but then we lost. At this point I’ve lost hope for a good season and I’m expecting a regular, 5-11 or 6-10 season.
(10-11-2020, 07:50 PM)FabianLF Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2020, 07:39 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]What?!?!?!  LMAO!!!!!!  No way you let that guy stay in the building.  Get EVERYONE out.
What I saw in week one/two was very promising. I was confident we could have an 8-8 or 9-7 season. The game against the Dolphins was very bad but I still had hope for the season. Week 4 was atrocious and the team got exposed pretty badly. This game today was promising at first but then we lost. At this point I’ve lost hope for a good season and I’m expecting a regular, 5-11 or 6-10 season.

There is no chance in hell we win 5 games this season.  2-14 or 3-13 at this point.
(10-11-2020, 07:54 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2020, 07:50 PM)FabianLF Wrote: [ -> ]What I saw in week one/two was very promising. I was confident we could have an 8-8 or 9-7 season. The game against the Dolphins was very bad but I still had hope for the season. Week 4 was atrocious and the team got exposed pretty badly. This game today was promising at first but then we lost. At this point I’ve lost hope for a good season and I’m expecting a regular, 5-11 or 6-10 season.

There is no chance in hell we win 5 games this season.  2-14 or 3-13 at this point.

With our offense maybe we could. The defense makes it harder, but we potentially could win 3-4 more Games. But either way it doesn’t matter.
Welcome to the board son.

Anywho- I will still watch just to evaluate the players and see how some of these youngsters develop over the season. However, as Neptune said above, if this regime isn’t out at the end of the year, I will probably move on.
I’d like to say I’m done.

But it’s hard to justify “abandoning” them and then someday they finally put it all together. This is part of fandom.

But you do settle into apathy. I’m not watching games currently. Just can’t.
If we have to hang around and watch this garbage, then you should have to also.

Fair is fair, Sir.
Time is a finite thing. You cannot buy it, return it, only consume it.

There are certainly better and worst things to waste your time on. Either way, the only loyalty you owe is to yourself.

For ME if this current front office and staff continue into next year- I will cease to watch what I would consider re-runs on sundays.
I picked up some side work Today and made a few hundred bucks instead of watching the game. Wrenching on my day off isn’t Always enjoyable but when I saw the score I thought yup better to make some extra cash.

Next week I might try and watch again but for the first time in 25+ years I’m not going out of my way to watch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6