Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why the Jaguars have the most attractive GM opening in the NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-j...in-the-nfl

Wow, ESPN actually had something positive to say about us for once.

I’m gonna be honest, when I first saw the title of the article I was scratching my head. However, once you think about it some, it makes sense.

Thoughts?
They can’t possibly do worse then the last two GMs and have tons of draft capital. Not to mention the bar is so incredibly low here after two decades of just putrid results.
It's the best job solely for the fact the owner will let you make a decade of mistakes before firing you.
I mean, DiRocco write it lol.
Lipstick on a pig..
(11-30-2020, 10:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Lipstick on a pig..

That was a pig???
(11-30-2020, 09:43 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-j...in-the-nfl

I’m gonna be honest, when I first saw the title of the article I was scratching my head. However, once you think about it some, it makes sense.

Thoughts?

I agree with the article.  It doesn't look like it would be very hard to turn this team into a winner, given all the draft picks and cap space, and the new GM will have lots of space from an owner who doesn't meddle in decisions.
(11-30-2020, 09:43 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-j...in-the-nfl

Thoughts?

I posted something similar in another thread yesterday. This is a prime spot if you want to jump in and immediately put your stamp on the franchise. Everywhere else (so far) has either got cap issues, lack of picks, or veterans already in place from the previous regime that you'd have to work around. 

And let's be honest, the expectations won't be THAT high when you first walk in the door...we're kinda used to 6-10 ceilings.

I have a feeling that we'll be the driver for all the GM hirings, unless a team has one guy they are targeting. By that I mean nobody will sign with a team until our spot is filled, and then the remaining candidates will start filling in the other vacancies once the prime spot is filled.
(12-01-2020, 12:15 AM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2020, 10:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Lipstick on a pig..

That was a pig???

Better get checked.
(11-30-2020, 10:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the best job solely for the fact the owner will let you make a decade of mistakes before firing you.
Yep that will be a big selling point, plus the draft picks. The owner also stays out of the team side.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
It is most definitely an attractive opportunity.
This is a key moment to finally turn this franchise around
We have a bevy of draft picks, available cap space, a young team and no state-income tax.

I just hope the right choice is made...
A bunch of high draft picks, some young special talent, and a ton of cap space.

What GM wouldn't drool over this opportunity?
(12-01-2020, 05:54 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]A bunch of high draft picks, some young special talent, and a ton of cap space.

What GM wouldn't drool over this opportunity?

Caldwell had all of that with the Jags for most of his reign here.  It did not help him much. Lets hope we find a true leader and a man with a real eye for talent.  Dave was good at finding the Diamonds in the rough but horrible in the early rounds. One can't preach, "build through the draft" while constantly picking the wrong guy while failing to retain  talented picks.
I really hope we get a guy who knows what he’s doing.
I’m still optimistically hoping we can add #1 draft pick.  I really hope Belichick still pissed at the Jets and the cheatriot way comes into play.  Being in their division and the bills and Dolphins not too shabby, why let a rival get their QB of the future?  He’ll still be a HOF coach but man, with Brady, Gronk and others gone it’s just mediocre.  C’mon bill!   Cheat for yourself and the Jags!!!
(12-20-2020, 05:41 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]I’m still optimistically hoping we can add #1 draft pick.  I really hope Belichick still pissed at the Jets and the cheatriot way comes into play.  Being in their division and the bills and Dolphins not too shabby, why let a rival get their QB of the future?  He’ll still be a HOF coach but man, with Brady, Gronk and others gone it’s just mediocre.  C’mon bill!   Cheat for yourself and the Jags!!!

Realistically.. Patriots won't necessarily have to throw the game anyways. I believe that's a game that provides the Jags or Jets the next win on their schedules. I cannot see Jags winning another one and i really suspect anyone would argue that.
Job looks even better right now.
(12-20-2020, 08:50 PM)newporttom Wrote: [ -> ]Job looks even better right now.

For Bieniemy too
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5