Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dilfer on what Lawrence is not- a Sure thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/clemso...y-he-isnt/

Dilfer knows far more about the QB position than I will ever know.

But I don't detect anything about a long delivery, or any sign that he is uncoachable even if he does have a long delivery.

I will take my chances with Lawrence, thank you very much.
(12-26-2020, 02:37 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/clemso...y-he-isnt/

Dilfer knows far more about the QB position than I will ever know.

But I don't detect anything about a long delivery, or any sign that he is uncoachable even if he does have a long delivery.

I will take my chances with Lawrence, thank you very much.

Let's put him on the Jags and get him a decent coach. I'm sure the national media will be drooling in their hopes he turns out to bust.
Dilfer was on the Lawrence train untill Jax got the first pic. Dude is a joke
Nothing is ever a sure-thing, but you gotta play the odds and watching Lawrence play, you gotta think the odds are better that he succeeds than fails. There's just too much to like with him. There really isn't any major flaws with his game. I've never heard anyone say he has a long delivery. Besides, he is instinctive and knows when to get rid of the football before the pocket collapses. That is more important imo, anyway.
Any guy can get drafted- jog out on the practice field and tear their acl bending over to pick up a quarter....

Nothing is EVER a sure thing....there is just mitigating risk.
A lot of Jag fans are acting like he will be the savior of the franchise or a once in a generation type talent.

The truth is he is the best QB to come out of college since last year.

He may be the best option we have, but I think us having the first overall pick came a year too late.
(12-26-2020, 04:17 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of Jag fans are acting like he will be the savior of the franchise or a once in a generation type talent.

He may be the best option we have, but I think us having the first overall pick came a year too late.
Lawerence would have been the #1 pick last year.
Burrow and Lawrence are very close as prospects. Burrow was the best QB prospect since Luck. Regardless you couldn't go wrong with either.

(12-26-2020, 04:17 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of Jag fans are acting like he will be the savior of the franchise or a once in a generation type talent.

Just think of Lawrence had Jj and Chase

All the young up and coming QBs will be in the AFC

Mahomes, Lawrence, Herbert, Tua, Burrow, Mayfield, Jackson, Allen, and whoever the Jets take
(12-26-2020, 04:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

Lawerence would have been the #1 pick last year.

Burrow completely out classed Lawerence last season and left no doubt who was the best QB during the championship game with his completely dominant performance in their heads up match up. Burrow would still have been the unanimous best player in the draft even if Lawerence had come out.
Regardless, he's a MASSIVE upgrade over our current QBs. Even if he turns out to be only a very good QB, we're better off.

Agreed. There are no sure bets. If the Jags have the number one pick though, there's no question they have to go get the guy (barring something really incredible going down at the combine). Chances are he'll be at the least a pretty good player and hopefully a lot more.
Trent Dilfer, supreme evaluator of talent.

Although he is probably more knowledgeable than David Caldwell.
I really hate to say it. And obviously my opinion means jack [BLEEP]. But I just don't get the feeling watching Lawrence that he's gonna be anything special. I'm a nobody fan tho so maybe it dosen't matter, tho I did like Mahomes over Watson and Biscuit boy in 2017 so maybe they aren't as smart as the rest of us lmao.

Interesting.

Who would you have preferred in last year's draft over Trevor Lawrence?

What flaws do you see in Lawrence, or otherwise, what seems to give you pause about selecting him?
(12-26-2020, 05:02 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2020, 04:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Lawerence would have been the #1 pick last year.

Burrow completely out classed Lawerence last season and left no doubt who was the best QB during the championship game with his completely dominant performance in their heads up match up. Burrow would still have been the unanimous best player in the draft even if Lawerence had come out.

I dunno.  There was a sentiment that Tua would have gone #1 overall had he not been injured.

Burrow had a hell of a season last year.  No denying that.

I think a huge part of tht head to head matchup was Clemson's complete inability to cover JaMarr Chase.

It's been a long time since I saw THAT dominant a performance by a WR over one CB in a game.  I was reminded of a 1990-1991 game between the Falcons and 49ers where Jerry Rice caught like 5 TD passes against Charles Dimry.

Not slighting Burrow.  He had to have the arm strength and accuracy to get it to him.  His performance pre injury this year justified his selection.  But Chase was on fire that game.
(12-26-2020, 04:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Lawerence would have been the #1 pick last year.

Highly doubtful that he would have been unanimous when some people thought Tua was better.

Burrow is really really good but Lawerence has a higher ceiling IMO and many analysts opinions.

No slight to Burrow at all. He’s exceptional but Lawerence is accurate, reads the field, has a better arm and is a better athlete.
(12-26-2020, 06:30 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2020, 05:02 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Burrow completely out classed Lawerence last season and left no doubt who was the best QB during the championship game with his completely dominant performance in their heads up match up. Burrow would still have been the unanimous best player in the draft even if Lawerence had come out.

I dunno.  There was a sentiment that Tua would have gone #1 overall had he not been injured.

Burrow had a hell of a season last year.  No denying that.

I think a huge part of tht head to head matchup was Clemson's complete inability to cover JaMarr Chase.

It's been a long time since I saw THAT dominant a performance by a WR over one CB in a game.  I was reminded of a 1990-1991 game between the Falcons and 49ers where Jerry Rice caught like 5 TD passes against Charles Dimry.

Not slighting Burrow.  He had to have the arm strength and accuracy to get it to him.  His performance pre injury this year justified his selection.  But Chase was on fire that game.

Tua would of never went 1st overall regardless of injury.  I think almost every other team in the league would of taken Herbert over Tua but Mia was already in love with Tua a year before he even got drafted.  Mac Jones >>> Tua

Lawrence didn't have JJ and Chase, the 2 best WRs in collge

1. Burrow was a 23 year old 5th year senior. Lawrence was a 20 year old 2nd sophomore. 

2. Burrow was playing with the Biletnikoff Award winner (Chase) and first round draft pick (Jefferson).

Please don’t act like the comparison was apples to apples. Using that game as who you think will no doubt be the better NFL quarterback is absurd.
(12-26-2020, 09:23 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2020, 05:02 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]Burrow completely out classed Lawerence last season and left no doubt who was the best QB during the championship game with his completely dominant performance in their heads up match up. Burrow would still have been the unanimous best player in the draft even if Lawerence had come out.

1. Burrow was a 23 year old 5th year senior. Lawrence was a 20 year old 2nd sophomore. 

2. Burrow was playing with the Biletnikoff Award winner (Chase) and first round draft pick (Jefferson).

Please don’t act like the comparison was apples to apples. Using that game as who you think will no doubt be the better NFL quarterback is absurd.
And CEH in the backfield who was awesome in that game.

Burrows supporting cast last season was absurd.
(12-26-2020, 09:23 PM)hailtoyourvictor Wrote: [ -> ]

Please don't act like Clemson wasn't loaded with talent too. They were undefeated and had the longest winning streak in the country. Lawrence had 2 full seasons of playing experience and had played and won a Championship game. So yeah, we are comparing apples to apples here. If anything, Lawrence was the more experienced player in that situation.

Also, I'm not sure what Chase and Jefferson had to do with Lawrence completing less than 50% of his passes and zero TDs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4