Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Khan with a very transparent press conference.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
He answers a lot of questions. Appreciate his honesty here 

https://youtu.be/zsY4Ix0jXH4
Sounds like Shad is going take more "ownership" of the team. Specifically making a point to mention the coach and GM will report to him. I know it's assumed, but he specifically said it.

Seems like he understands the mistakes he has made. Let's see where it goes.
I like the emphasis he made on “modern football”
I also liked how he understands a franchise QB is top priority. Lawrence is locked in from khans perspective.
Shad Khan sounds like a muppet.

But all in all, this was a solid insight.
I love the lady who tried to entrap Shad on potentially breaking the Rooney rule.
Figured he needs at least a .500 pro football team to get Lot J going
Does anyone know which other NFL owners Kahn hangs out with or has talked up? I can't find much via Google.
I’ve seen some things about Marvin Lewis being a candidate.. that is an absolutely pitiful choice. I would literally quit watching the team if he was hired as head coach.
Too many uhhs and umms for my liking...
Khan is making all the decisions, Jerry Jones style.

I really don’t care I just want TLAW and a damn good coach.
(01-04-2021, 06:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Khan is making all the decisions, Jerry Jones style.

Not at all.  He wants to sign off on salaries because Coughlin [BLEEP] up the cap, and he wants both the GM and coach to report directly to him.  Far from Jones.
(01-04-2021, 06:37 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2021, 06:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]Khan is making all the decisions, Jerry Jones style.

Not at all.  He wants to sign off on salaries because Coughlin [BLEEP] up the cap, and he wants both the GM and coach to report directly to him.  Far from Jones.

I’m getting Jones vibes. He doesn’t even have a team to pick a GM/HC he literally said it’s him and then mentioned “ oh and there’s Mark Lamping”.

I don’t believe a word Khan says, he’s proven he makes bad decisions time after time when it comes to football. Just give me TLAW and a good HC and I don’t really care what Khan does.
Thanks for sharing.
(01-04-2021, 06:40 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2021, 06:37 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Not at all.  He wants to sign off on salaries because Coughlin [BLEEP] up the cap, and he wants both the GM and coach to report directly to him.  Far from Jones.

I’m getting Jones vibes. He doesn’t even have a team to pick a GM/HC he literally said it’s him and then mentioned “ oh and there’s Mark Lamping”.

I don’t believe a word Khan says, he’s proven he makes bad decisions time after time when it comes to football. Just give me TLAW and a good HC and I don’t really care what Khan does.
Well you’re going to get one of those two things lol
This interview makes me think we aren't hiring Meyer (thank god)

He repeatedly said he wants to interview a lot of people and I found it interesting when asked about experience he made a point to say some of the best HCs are people "you've never heard of 4 years ago." That's the opposite of Meyer.

That is not at all what is happening. And not at all what he said.
Khan is not going all Jerry Jones.

Khan said for the immediate future he will have final say on players exiting and entering the team. In other words, Khan will need to be in the loop if anyone gets canned or signed by the team. You can't blame him after the Ramsey and Yannick problems. Those were guys you build around and got traded off.
What the hell are these dumb questions lol
(01-04-2021, 06:20 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve seen some things about Marvin Lewis being a candidate.. that is an absolutely pitiful choice. I would literally quit watching the team if he was hired as head coach.

^^^^this

Maybe not as extreme as you but if we end upwith Lewis, we failed. With all the possible directions we could go at this point, ending up with that would seriously [BLEEP] suck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4