Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Bortles is the QB, when do we give up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know this topic comes up every year but it would seem this year IS the year we can ask this question.

So let's say Bortles starts out 0-3, what do we do? What about 0-4?

At 0-5, our season is over, so I'm not even gonna take it that far. Ok...how about 1-5 or 2-6? (If we win a game or 2 early in the season).

My prediction is if we fall 4 games behind the division leader, then we have to pull the plug. Even if that means putting Henne in there.
Depends on his performances. It's about the context. If this team is 0 - 4 going into week five and he's thrown like 1500 yards with 10 TD's and maybe 1 or 2 INT's but we've lost games late by maybe 3 - 7 points because the defense can't get off the field after Bortles and the offense has given them the lead then you can't fault him at all. 

If it's the other way around where he's throwing stupid passes around and spotting teams 3 to 7 points per game because of an INT or fumble then yes, his [BAD WORD REMOVED] will be canned if we start off 0 - 4. I don't see that happening in 2017 though. I think a lot of guys on this team are scared [BLEEP] less with the new regime and staff and a lot of them have a lot of money riding on this season alone. 

I expect a 2 - 2 start. Maybe 3 - 1. I boldly predict a 4 - 0 start with a minor collapse down the home stretch in November/December though. 

I'm not surprised if we pick up a QB for competition.
Never give up....never surrender!!

Quote:I know this topic comes up every year but it would seem this year IS the year we can ask this question.

I'd think it's pretty obvious this is the year the question answers itself.

He's got a year that hasn't been picked up.  Without it, or a replacement contract, he won't be back.

At this point of his career it will be a very short leash.  Like him or not, it's what Henne was re-signed for.

If Blake isn't showing progression he will not last long this season.  Since his contract is up after the season, if he loses his job to Henne I expect him to finish the season with another team and not sitting on the Jaguar sidelines (unless with the visiting team.)

It's not sink or swim.  It's win the heat or you're out of the pool.
One more pick 6  and he's got to go.

I think the 2016 Denver game is a microcosm of what we might expect from Bortles if he doesn't eliminate mistakes. I recall that we dominated Denver that day, and lost 20-10. Denver only converted 1 third down in 13 attempts. They had zero first downs in the second half. We won the time of possession by something like 10 minutes. Denver had a little over 200 total yards of offense.

Bortles threw a pick six. He threw another interception. The Jags committed stupid 15 yard penalties which either killed drives or kept them alive for Denver. Denver had basically one good drive, 75 yards for a touchdown. We handed them 10 points. With the game still winnable in the fourth quarter he fumbled deep in our own end, leading to a 10 point lead with little time left on the clock.

Our defense will probably be pretty stout in 2017, but if our offense keeps digging us into a hole, and stupid penalties persist, it'll be another frustrating season.
Jags take QB in first round Thursday night.   Smile

Quote:Jags take QB in first round Thursday night.   Smile
I will bet two internet cookies that they do not. :no:
With all the talk of the Jaguars taking a quarterback at 4, could these be the final days of the Blake Bortles era? 

We have like half a dozen threads on this topic already.

Yeah as for now if he does not perform well, it could end sooner than later.

I think we take one maybe in 2nd or 3rd round but not pick 4.
I say we give up as soon as we win the Super Bowl. Then we can make everyone happy by trading everyone and starting over.

Let's make a compelling thread comparing Trent Richardson to Darren Sproles
Quote:I know this topic comes up every year but it would seem this year IS the year we can ask this question.

So let's say Bortles starts out 0-3, what do we do? What about 0-4?

At 0-5, our season is over, so I'm not even gonna take it that far. Ok...how about 1-5 or 2-6? (If we win a game or 2 early in the season).

My prediction is if we fall 4 games behind the division leader, then we have to pull the plug. Even if that means putting Henne in there.

If we start out 0-3, 0-4 it won't be all on BB5's shoulders even though he'll probably be the down fault guy. Will it be because BB5 plays bad and or the team overall plays bad? Keep in mind of BB5's circumstances of having three OCs within four years and an makeshift OL since his arrival. I'm sincerely praying that BB5 is our QB for years to come. Continually starting over really is annoying.

NH3...
Quote:I will bet two internet cookies that they do not. :no:

Three Internet Cookies times Three.

NH3...
I haven't heard of this talk of taking a QB to replace BB5.

NH3...
Quote:We have like half a dozen threads on this topic already.

Welcome to Half A Dozen plus One.

NH3...
Quote:Let's make a compelling thread comparing Trent Richardson to Darren Sproles
As it turns out, he can't hold Sproles' jock. Sounded better than best prospect since A.P.

I knew the hype was over blown.
Pages: 1 2 3