Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Coaching Comparison
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How much does coaching really matter?  What could different coaches do with this roster?

Belicek is winning division titles every year with less talent than we currently have.

But he has terrific Tom.

Coughlin has done way more with less talent.
Quote:Belicek is winning division titles every year with less talent than we currently have.

But he has terrific Tom.

Coughlin has done way more with less talent.
Belichick has won four, made six appearances in the super bowl. Honestly aside from Brady and Gronk, they're actually lacking talent. I don't know how you could say Coughlin has done more with less talent, when its clear he hasn't had the same amount of success. Don't forget, Eli was on another level back in his prime.
Quote:Belichick has won four, made six appearances in the super bowl. Honestly aside from Brady and Gronk, they're actually lacking talent. I don't know how you could say Coughlin has done more with less talent, when its clear he hasn't had the same amount of success. Don't forget, Eli was on another level back in his prime.

Eli was on another level in his prime? Lol. Guy has pedestrian stats for most of his career.
Quote:Eli was on another level in his prime? Lol. Guy has pedestrian stats for most of his career.
Except in the playoffs when it matters...
Quote:Eli was on another level in his prime? Lol. Guy has pedestrian stats for most of his career.
lol..
Quote:lol..

He's thrown 30 or more td passes 3 times in his career. He's thrown 14 or more interceptions 10 times in his career. He's never had a passers-by rating over 93 in his career. I live in NY, I watch him play. He was never an elite QB.
And two of the three years he's thrown 30 plus tds have been the last two years. Years I'm assuming you're not referring to when you say "in his prime"
Quote:He's thrown 30 or more td passes 3 times in his career. He's thrown 14 or more interceptions 10 times in his career. He's never had a passers-by rating over 93 in his career. I live in NY, I watch him play. He was never an elite QB.
Dude won two super bowls and was a monster in the play-offs. He was elite when it mattered.
Just in this season Belichick is 2-0 and New England was missing: Brady, Gronkowski, Dion Lewis,almost half of offensive line starters, Ninkovich and in the second game Hightower and losing Garoppolo in the first half of the second game. 

What I think he could do with a team like ours just make me more sad at what we witness every Sunday with Gus in control...

Did someone actually vote for 11+ wins with Gus as HC and 0-4 with both TC and BB as HC?
There's a reason TC was ran outta NY.. Stupid calls.
I am giving Gus a five to six win mark this year. I could see Bill Belichick leading this team to an above average record with nine to ten wins this year just with the offensive talent alone. I could see Tom Coughlin getting this team to seven or eight wins this year with possibly having us competing for the division lead or 5th seed in 2017.

Gus Bradley has never shown anything relatively close to a competent and capable headcoach in his fifty career games. Even when Bill started out in Cleveland. And even when Tom started out here in Jacksonville. You could see "it" on the football field and during practices. Tom took a new start up franchise in 1995 of a band of outcasts, unwanted players, and a few draft classes and he went from 4 - 12 in our first season to a 9 - 7 conference play-off team in 1996. He'd then go onto win consistently for the next three years. He eventually hit a wall with talent but once you see a coach capable of reeling off a four year win streak with two conference appearances. Apparently, he's capable of getting it done. He proved that with the Giants just a few years later. 

Bill Belicheck in Cleveland at the time had steadily put together a roster that was capable of winning. He inherited a 3 - 13 team and After flirting with .500 (6-10, 7-9, 7-9) during his first three years with the Browns. In year four, they jumped up to an 11 - 5 record and a play-off spot. And had it not been for the big move from Cleveland to Baltimore in 1995 they may have never lapsed and who knows what could have happened there. 

My biggest point is that. Despite the roster moves, the personnel, the coaching changes, etc. Bradley has shown ZERO progress in some of the basic fundamentals of football on this team. It's STILL undisciplined. And a man whose niche was carved out based on DEFENSE. It's pretty sad that it's NEVER improved. We've been at the bottom of the NFL on defense since he's been here. 

2013 - 28th in PTS allowed - 27th in YDS allowed

2014 - 26th in PTS allowed - 26th in YDS allowed

2015 - 31st in PTS allowed - 24th in YDS allowed

2016 - 29th in PTS allowed - 12th in YDS allowed (Only two games though, give it time)

Don't even get me started on the offense. 2013 - 2014 we were at the bottom of the NFL in PTS and YDS. Last year we finally broke about even and finished in 14th and 18th in PTS and YDS per game. This year we still have a lot of work to do. But I have seen, again, ZERO signs or hints that this man is capable of leading any capable roster that's front loaded and back loaded with talent. He stinks. 

Quote:Did someone actually vote for 11+ wins with Gus as HC and 0-4 with both TC and BB as HC?

2 people have. No way they voted seriously. Gotta be trolling.
I believe Gus will get 5-6 wins and fully believe Tom and Bill could get 11+ wins.

I seriously want to hear the justification from the people that voted for 11+ wins for Gus and 0-4 wins for Belichick and Coughlin?  Please provide us your insight!

#trolling

I said. 

Gus - 7/8

Bill and Tom - 9/10

If Blake plays like he did last week, like a rookie in his first game, we won't get any wins nor would anyone else. 

If Blake plays like we know he can and should in year 3, that reflects my vote.

When you refuse to change your scheme that doesn't fit your personel and you hire from within, your defense will continue to be terrible.

Gus is so stubborn and has yet to adapt that he will forever be a bad coach.
Quote:I said.

Gus - 7/8

Bill and Tom - 9/10

If Blake plays like he did last week, like a rookie in his first game, we won't get any wins nor would anyone else.

If Blake plays like we know he can and should in year 3, that reflects my vote.

Won't matter how Blake plays if the defense keeps getting shredded dude.
This whole is Gus a decent coach question is really easy to put to rest, just ask yourself this simple question: has Gus ever put the jaguars in position to even come close to beating a team they didn't have close to or better than talent that wasn't about to fire its head coach?

The answer is no, under Gus the Jaguars have no real signature wins. The closest is the beatdown of Indy last year when they appeared to give up in the second half in a game in which the Jaguars had the vastly superior roster.

He's never had a win against a team that finished that season with a winning record. He's the worst coach of all time to make it to fifty games coached who isn't also a team owner. Here's never even had a convicing game against a really good team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4