Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Happens Every Single Time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Every time we hire a head coach, immediately there are naysayers who say we hired the wrong guy, and it only takes a few games before people start saying we need to fire the guy. This is true every single time.

And of course, eventually it is true. Probably 19 out of 20 NFL head coaches get fired eventually. So it's always safe to say we need to fire the head coach, because eventually you will be proven right.

I am always one of the ones on the opposite side. I have supported and defended every single head coach we've ever had, right up until right before they actually get fired. So when I switch to the negative, fire the head coach side, you can pretty much say, it's over.

So now, I am ***officially*** withdrawing my support from Gus Bradley. It's over.

Too many times, "This is not who we are, this is not what we expected, I can't explain it, we need to step up, blah blah,blah." Too many inexplicable blowouts. Too many mental errors.

I don't know if an interim coach can turn things around, but I am willing to give it a shot.
I too have supported, or at least was willing to give time, to every hire. Sometimes ridiculously so. I agree. Gus must go. End of story.
I can't wait until Khan looks Gus in his dopey face and says "Gus....ya fired!"
Exactly. I am done with the optimistic view with him. I was done last year to be quite honest with you. I'll give it until London to keep him as the head coach and that's about it. If we come home next Sunday and lose to Baltimore in another mental breakdown type of game and blow out I honestly think he should be fired on the 26th of this month. But I have a feeling we'll somehow lose that game like we lost to Green Bay. We'll go across the pond and get embarrassed by the clots in our "2nd home". He needs to be canned if we're 0 - 4 and they need to give Marrone and Olson that extra bye week to prepare this team.

Just pathetic.

Quote:He needs to be canned if we're 0 - 4 and they need to give Marrone and Olson that extra bye week to prepare this team.

This is an encapsulation of the Bradley error.  Have we seen in any of the three previous years anything come out of the extra week of preparation surrounding the "bye" week?  I think he treats it like vacation instead of preparation.  I know the restrictions in the CBA take away some of the practice time and it does hurt but I am not seeing progress.

This isn't about being blown out either.  As sad as this is to type, I could have taken yesterday's blow out if it wasn't so obvious that the stupid defensive scheme is unworkable and that it is a scheme the Head guy bought with him.  I can't take the broadcasters running down the Seahawk scheme comparisons week after week.

We don't affect the opposing QB.

We don't stop the run.

We can't cover the middle of the field.

We can't read and react.

It is almost like we don't do trend analysis or film work.  Rivers didn't even have to try very hard.

I don't understand how we can prepare so well for the Packers then look so inept against the Chargers. We clearly expected to run the ball, but I have never seen that happen with Yeldon as the feature back. We also expected to draw outside coverages and given that we tried so many slants and screens - that didn't happen. Offensive adjustments? Didn't see them. Clock management down by 28 was pathetic - should have been in hurry up most of second half, when run, had some success. Defensive scheme- either it was completely wrong or the talent is horribly lacking to execute it. Perhaps both. I am so sick of this team looking so unprepared. It's an indictment on the coaches and coordinators. 0-2 with a 14% chance of playoffs, which Khan and Caldwell said were expectations. How much more do you need to see before you make a change?

So often this team comes out looking listless and unprepared. And afterward, they all seem to be shocked at what happened.

"We have no explanation."

"We have no excuse."

"This is not who we are."

"We didn't expect this."

"This won't happen again."

An inexplicable blowout followed by frustration, anger, bewilderment.

I guarantee one thing. The Ravens will look at the film and say, "If we come out in this personnel package, and then line up this way, we will have a WR one on one with a MLB." Because Poz said that was NOT a blown coverage!!! In that defense, against that offensive formation, we are supposed to have a MLB covering a WR!!!
Quote:So often this team comes out looking listless and unprepared. And afterward, they all seem to be shocked at what happened.

"We have no excuse."

"We didn't expect this."

I guarantee one thing. The Ravens will look at the film and say, "If we come out in this personnel package, and then line up this way, we will have a WR one on one with a MLB." Because Poz said that was NOT a blown coverage!!! In that defense, against that offensive formation, we are supposed to have a MLB covering a WR!!!
Don't forget Gus saying his "head was spinning".

At least he acknowledges it now.
What happens first? 45 losses or 14 wins?

Quote:So often this team comes out looking listless and unprepared. And afterward, they all seem to be shocked at what happened.

"We have no excuse."

"We didn't expect this."

Totally agree at this point. I gave a pass for the first 2 even 3 years when we were truly in rebuild, but year 4? You still look the same as year 1? Just unacceptable. 
The Ravens game is key. We have them at home, and they nearly lost to the Browns. If they lose that game at home, I don't think it will matter what happens against Indy. He's gone, probably at the break.

5 yard shallow cross = 40 yard TD to a third string receiver...

Another shallow cross goes for a TD to a receiver in the red zone.

Dan skuta and Paul puzluzny are not athletic enough to cover recievers, even in short areas on the back side of a zone.

1.) just run press man under two deep. At least that way you force a qb to make a good throw.

2.) any defense that allows Paul puzluzny to cover Travis Benjamin is stupid.... Just plain stupid.

3.) miles jack probably isn't all the way back from his injury... But he is a hell of a lot more athletic than skuta or poz.

4.) we are paying malik Jackson like jj watt
You can support the team and also question their decisions. You don't have to agree with everything they do to consider yourself a fan.

Gus has been an awful head coach. No one can defend him. Last year was the first real glimpse into how bad he was. 5 wins with that schedule is pathetic. He should be fired now because there is no reason to keep him.
idk where you guys even saw positive stuff at all from this bum..

look at how quickly some teams change for the better with new coaches... it happens all the time.  But not in Jville...

in Jville, you cant expect progress until year 4 or after.... it doesn't matter that other teams just obviously got lucky to win with a new coach earlier than that, they are just lucky.

No, the jags continue to hire the wrong guys, and then give them way too long to prove otherwise.  Fire this scrub NOW

Who do you hire to replace Gus?
I'm with you guys on the fire Gus now bandwagon.....unless I have missed it in another thread, what is the plan to replace him?  Aren't our coordinators accomplices with him in this disaster?  Who do we bring in to right this ship?

Haha, our posts crossed in the mail.....what he said above.
I think we've all beem Jaguars fans long enough to know.... IT DONT MATTER! We c ould have "The Hoody" and still be snake bitten. Gus would get dismissed from his current position, only to take the same position somewhere else and get a ring. I think I've heard it said b4, "because Jaguars".

Speaking of happening every time.
if we go 0-5 or something then i could definitely see a change mid-season

unfortunately i doubt it helps though. if the defensive coordinators or other coaches know something Gus doesn't that will "fix" this, they need to speak up now.  they clearly dont have any solutions now, they probably wont in the near future.

I was a huge supporter of Gus, because I understood how bad our team was when they inherited it. However, we have enough talent now to be able to play much better than this. It is all about preparation now and the team is not prepared. All of these penalties and stupid play calls and missed assignments is due to coaching. I can't support this horrible staff any longer. It's early, two games in, but I think we've seen enough to say they are still inconsistent in their playing (coaching) and are showing no real progress. We had our view bamboozled due to the close game with GB; but that's not the GB of old. So yea, the entire coaching staff needs to go. How we replace them all, I have no idea...........

GO JAGS!!

Pages: 1 2 3