Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Masks in schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What do we think of Governor DeSantis' order that school districts can not require students to wear masks in schools?
I have two elementary school age kids and they wore masks all last school year with no problems.  I thought there would be a problem, but there wasn't one.
(08-05-2021, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]What do we think of Governor DeSantis' order that school districts can not require students to wear masks in schools?
I have two elementary school age kids and they wore masks all last school year with no problems.  I thought there would be a problem, but there wasn't one.

They can still wear them this year as well. You make them do it if you want to. Government shouldn't IMO.
(08-05-2021, 11:06 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]What do we think of Governor DeSantis' order that school districts can not require students to wear masks in schools?

My kids drew pictures of their teachers in masks because they didn't know what they looked like. Masks in schools are a HUGE problem. Your kids are either lying to you or you aren't listening to them.
Leave it up to the local school district to make their own mask policy. I like how Duval handled it; required with an opt out.
I am completely against the government mask mandate. Let the dam parents decide what’s best for their children. I have 3 daughters. I have educated them about the virus and the benefits of wearing the mask. Guess what? 2 of them dont like it and have gotten tired of wearing them. They followed me in regards to taking vitamins and eating fruits and veggies which is the most i have ever seen them eat. 

End rant.
(08-05-2021, 11:49 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]I am completely against the government mask mandate. Let the dam parents decide what’s best for their children. I have 3 daughters. I have educated them about the virus and the benefits of wearing the mask. Guess what? 2 of them dont like it and have gotten tired of wearing them. They followed me in regards to taking vitamins and eating fruits and veggies which is the most i have ever seen them eat. 

End rant.

It's truly nice to see all sides of the political spectrum come out against mandates.

It goes against the foundation this country was based on.
(08-05-2021, 11:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Leave it up to the local school district to make their own mask policy. I like how Duval handled it; required with an opt out.

Our governor is not allowing the districts to have any say.
The county school district I live in here in Pa. has decided all students must wear a mask this year even if fully vaccinated
(08-05-2021, 11:49 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: [ -> ]I am completely against the government mask mandate. Let the dam parents decide what’s best for their children. I have 3 daughters. I have educated them about the virus and the benefits of wearing the mask. Guess what? 2 of them dont like it and have gotten tired of wearing them. They followed me in regards to taking vitamins and eating fruits and veggies which is the most i have ever seen them eat. 

End rant.

A cloth mask does very little to protect the wearer from catching the virus.  They help prevent the wearer from spreading the virus if they happen to have it.  Many kids catch it and most kids have no symptoms when they do. The problem is kids can bring it home to parents and grandparents.  If I send my kids to school with masks, I'll be doing so to protect *your* kid, and *your* family, not mine.
(08-05-2021, 11:52 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]

End rant.

It's truly nice to see all sides of the political spectrum come out against mandates.

It goes against the foundation this country was based on.

Agree, this is extremely frustrating.
(08-05-2021, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

End rant.

A cloth mask does very little to protect the wearer from catching the virus.  They help prevent the wearer from spreading the virus if they happen to have it.  Many kids catch it and most kids have no symptoms when they do. The problem is kids can bring it home to parents and grandparents.  If I send my kids to school with masks, I'll be doing so to protect *your* kid, and *your* family, not mine.

A mask worn for 8 hours is actually worse for everyone. Proven time and time again. That's why nurses and doctors change their masks every 10-30 minutes.
(08-05-2021, 12:34 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]A cloth mask does very little to protect the wearer from catching the virus.  They help prevent the wearer from spreading the virus if they happen to have it.  Many kids catch it and most kids have no symptoms when they do. The problem is kids can bring it home to parents and grandparents.  If I send my kids to school with masks, I'll be doing so to protect *your* kid, and *your* family, not mine.

A mask worn for 8 hours is actually worse for everyone. Proven time and time again. That's why nurses and doctors change their masks every 10-30 minutes.

Do you have a link showing that?
(08-05-2021, 12:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

End rant.

My daughters have worn both the cloth and k95 mask and they all slide up their face where they get red eye. I have tried everything possible to make the mask comfortable for them and it was still a issue. Even though they still did good academically last year, their mental state was severely effected. The family realized online or distance learning is not for them, they are social butterflies. They are excited and anxious and ready to be physically back in the classroom. As a parent and father, I must put my children in the best possible situation to succeed. I hate to acknowledge the inevitable regarding them getting sick if that is the case. But I also know I did everything I could to protect and educate them.
(08-05-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 12:34 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]A mask worn for 8 hours is actually worse for everyone. Proven time and time again. That's why nurses and doctors change their masks every 10-30 minutes.

It's called a search engine. But yeah, sometimes a link is nice for a quick reference. 

Our bodies weren't designed to wear a mask for hours on end. It is not healthy. Common sense tells you that. Can you imagine the bacteria stuck in a cloth mask after wearing it just a couple of hours? If your kid is going to wear a mask make sure it's an actual filtration mask that is meant to be worn for periods of time.

Also, your kid wearing a mask only protects other kids if your kid has the virus.
(08-05-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 12:34 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]A mask worn for 8 hours is actually worse for everyone. Proven time and time again. That's why nurses and doctors change their masks every 10-30 minutes.

Why do liberals always lack basic common sense? Is this a DNA thing?
(08-05-2021, 12:44 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link showing that?

It's called a search engine. But yeah, sometimes a link is nice for a quick reference. 

Our bodies weren't designed to wear a mask for hours on end. It is not healthy. Common sense tells you that. Can you imagine the bacteria stuck in a cloth mask after wearing it just a couple of hours? If your kid is going to wear a mask make sure it's an actual filtration mask that is meant to be worn for periods of time.

Also, your kid wearing a mask only protects other kids if your kid has the virus.

Yes, and I can smell them.  This is why we wash our masks just like any other clothing.
In any case, those bacteria don't spread Covid.  But you know that.

(08-05-2021, 12:44 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 12:36 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a link showing that?

I just said that.  Try to keep up.  And yes, I actually am that altruistic that I would do something only to benefit others.  I guess you're not?
(08-05-2021, 12:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 11:28 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Leave it up to the local school district to make their own mask policy. I like how Duval handled it; required with an opt out.

Our governor is not allowing the districts to have any say.

Then how did Duval county establish a mask mandate with an opt out policy?
(08-05-2021, 01:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2021, 12:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Our governor is not allowing the districts to have any say.

Then how did Duval county establish a mask mandate with an opt out policy?

Not sure.  Counties around here (central FL) are saying the governor won't let them do that. They must be reading the executive order differently.
(08-05-2021, 12:16 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Our governor is not allowing the districts to have any say.

As usual you are wrong.  The Governor's Executive Order protects the right for parents to make health care decisions for their children.  I am in full agreement with this.  Government should not be mandating how people choose to live their lives.

Read the executive order for yourself.  It's only 4 pages long and double-spaced, so I think that even you are capable of reading it.

He also spoke about it in a recent press conference.

(08-05-2021, 02:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]

As usual you are wrong.  The Governor's Executive Order protects the right for parents to make health care decisions for their children.  I am in full agreement with this.  Government should not be mandating how people choose to live their lives.

Read the executive order for yourself.  It's only 4 pages long and double-spaced, so I think that even you are capable of reading it.

He also spoke about it in a recent press conference.

The order literally threatens to withhold funding from school districts that attempt to mandate masks.

He is not allowing the districts to have any say.
Pages: 1 2 3 4