Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's quite weird. 

We drafted a top 5 talent who is a fast linebacker (and former track athlete) and yet we don't even have a package (yet) to put him on the field on passing situations and have to watch Poz getting burned over and over again. 

This because apparently they want him to learn 2 positions, how to align defense and what else on his rookie year.

Or is it because they are forcing players to adapt to a scheme (that's clearly not working) leaving out one of our best talents (along with Telvin) at a weak LB group.

And watching how unprepared this team is I wonder how much the coaching will really benefit him...actually he looks a bit confused at times out there in fact for what those few snaps during a blowout are worth.

If New England drafted him I bet Belichick would have already have him storming the field at least in some situations together with Collins....here we have our slowest LB trying to cover 4.4-4.5 receivers all day.
I can see Jack coming I to Gus office Rick Vaughn style when he thought he got cut.
At this point we could just line up at the goal line after a kick and save ourselves the humility of looking like we're trying.

Well its because he isn't slow enough to play the otto

It's weird that the packers can start a rookie LB that I've never heard of, but yet Myles Jack isn't ready to play yet.
The problem is this scheme is extremely simple. It's either cover three or man. That's it. The whole point of this defense is to be simple so the players can play fast. What the hell does he need to learn?
It's funny Gus actually thinks he has the time to develop Myles Jack.  You'd think with your job on the line, you'd play a top 5 talent.

This coaching staff needs to be fired. They are a joke. Period
Quote:The problem is this scheme is extremely simple. It's either cover three or man. That's it. The whole point of this defense is to be simple so the players can play fast. What the hell does he need to learn?
Thats the biggest problem!  There are a lot more problems than that and 95% of them start with Gus Bradley!
Quote:Thats the biggest problem! There are a lot more problems than that and 95% of them start with Gus Bradley!

There is no reason Pullard is playing over Jack. That is grounds to be fired. Why draft a top talent just so he can ride the pine
Because if you play him you run the risk of getting embarrassed on defense

His knee is only good for a few plays so Gus is conserving his talents
Quote:There is no reason Pullard is playing over Jack. That is grounds to be fired. Why draft a top talent just so he can ride the pine

Gus is clearly so tied to this scheme that he's willing to play strictly inferior talent rather than adjust for his personnel. It's been this way since he got here, and it's not changing in his final year. I find myself wondering if he actually has the knowledge to adjust the scheme or he's just running what he learned from others.
Honestly, it is inexcusable.  Myles Jack should be on the field period.  We are weak at LB and Poz can't cover.  NFL is a passing league, but it isn't "as if" (Clueless reference) Myles Jack is a finesse player.  He hits and he hits hard.  He is a tackler so throw him in the fire.  I realize Myles Head was spinning so Poz may still need to be on the field when 3 LB's are, but in two LB sets, it should be Jack and Smith.

Quote:Gus is clearly so tied to this scheme that he's willing to play strictly inferior talent rather than adjust for his personnel. It's been this way since he got here, and it's not changing in his final year. I find myself wondering if he actually has the knowledge to adjust the scheme or he's just running what he learned from others.
I agree. It seems like we are just running a scheme with no regard to the players. It pisses me off to literally wstch other teams change there scheme year after year to fit the talent they have just to put there best guy on the field and we intentionally stick to a scheme and keep superior players off the field.

I have watched Green Bay play psycho defense one year then change to 3-4 the next then change to a 2-4-5 the next defense. Pittsburg did the same. It just kills me that me as a fan can sit in my office and imagine all these fancy schemes this team can run and the head coach of my team can't figure out a way to put Jackson, Marks, Fowler, Yannick, Telvin, Jack, Gibson, and Ramsey on the field at the same time.
Quote:Because if you play him you run the risk of getting embarrassed on defense

I see what you did there.
It blows my mind that Skuta starts over Jack.

If we ran a 34 we wouldn't be discussing this.
I wouldn't be upset to never see Skuta take the field in a Jag uni ever again

We're slow at LB outside of Smith. Cyprien playing down in the box doesn't help things at all because he can't quite figure out where he should be on the field. Poz shouldn't be in on obvious passing downs as much of a solid player he is otherwise.  

Quote:Honestly, it is inexcusable.  Myles Jack should be on the field period.  We are weak at LB and Poz can't cover.  NFL is a passing league, but it isn't "as if" (Clueless reference) Myles Jack is a finesse player.  He hits and he hits hard.  He is a tackler so throw him in the fire.  I realize Myles Head was spinning so Poz may still need to be on the field when 3 LB's are, but in two LB sets, it should be Jack and Smith.

Yes!  This x1000.  Jack should be on the field, no excuses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4