Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: *** Official Game Thread - Week 15 - tinhorns @ Jags***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Finally the day long awaited by most Jaguars fans has arrived; the first game day after the conclusion of the Urban Meyer Error in Jacksonville. As all know by now, Owner Shad Khan decided last Sunday to terminate Meyer with the formal announcement hitting the wire this past Thursday. OC Darrell Bevell takes the reins as interim head coach as the tinhorns come to town for a 1pm showdown of two of the worst teams in the League. With 4 games to play the feeling is that Bevell will lead the team until the end of the year then make way for a new coach in the offseason. There's no word yet on whether or not GM Trent Baalke will remain next season, but a clean sweep seems likely as Baalke played a significant role in the dysfunction of the past 10 months. For the first time in weeks I'm truly excited to watch a Jaguars game. Not because I think they will suddenly be a much better team, but because the removal of Meyer shows that Shad Khan is willing to go against his personal history and make the tough choice of firing his hand-picked leader when it's clear he was a detriment to the organization. That gives me hope for the offseason that Khan is learning from his past mistakes and we'll see a more effective selection process for the new coach and perhaps a new GM as well.

Commentary, thoughts, insights, observations, debates, arguments, and plenty of snark is sure to follow all night and day.
(12-19-2021, 01:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Finally the day long awaited by most Jaguars fans has arrived; the first game day after the conclusion of the Urban Meyer Error in Jacksonville. As all know by now, Owner Shad Khan decided last Sunday to terminate Meyer with the formal announcement hitting the wire this past Thursday. OC Darrell Bevell takes the reins as interim head coach as the tinhorns come to town for a 1pm showdown of two of the worst teams in the League. With 4 games to play the feeling is that Bevell will lead the team until the end of the year then make way for a new coach in the offseason. There's no word yet on whether or not GM Trent Baalke will remain next season, but a clean sweep seems likely as Baalke played a significant role in the dysfunction of the past 10 months. For the first time in weeks I'm truly excited to watch a Jaguars game. Not because I think they will suddenly be a much better team, but because the removal of Meyer shows that Shad Khan is willing to go against his personal history and make the tough choice of firing his hand-picked leader when it's clear he was a detriment to the organization. That gives me hope for the offseason that Khan is learning from his past mistakes and we'll see a more effective selection process for the new coach and perhaps a new GM as well.

Commentary, thoughts, insights, observations, debates, arguments, and plenty of snark is sure to follow all night and day.

Agreed. Hopefully Khan is getting a fresh and early start on that whole "New Year, New Me" [BLEEP] for 2022. I don't care if this team wins four games in a row. They all need to go when January 10th is here. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m32qrwmnwvbvw9ldkp...y.gif&ct=g]
no way jags win 4 in a row. it will be a mircle if jags win today. texans already lead 17 to  0 and game hasn't even started.  

fireing the coach isn't gonna make a difference.
There was all the talk last week of Urban leaving the facilities Wed around 5 or 6 meaning the gameplan was wholly devised by the assistant coaches. And then kept hearing stories about how that wasn't uncommon throughout the year. If all that is true and Urban had little insight into the weekly gameplans, I don't have much hope that things will change much this week. Unless of course everyone just comes out playing free and loose and want to prove that it was really Urban bringing the team down. I don't have much hope on that but we'll see.

All I really care about seeing is Lawrence playing better.
Lawrence and Robinson are fixing to have a career day today. Watch.

Lawrence will go for 300+, perfect passer rating and find the endzone three times between the air and ground game.

Robinson will eclipse nearly 200 yards of total offense and score at least three times.

Jaguars - 48
tinhorns - 27
Unfortunately, there is not a Quick fix. Now its bevel in there who was already responsible for the offense being an epic disaster. Jags are playing on house money now so maybe we will see something fun to watch. I have never wanted to lose for play off position, and I cant bring myself to it now.

Go jags
I want to see leadership emerge.  Preferably from Lawrence, but I'll take it from anyone at this point, player or coach.  

I want to see them play like they care about winning and I want to see everyone held accountable for stupid decisions and penalties.
I will be at the game cheering loudly for Duval. It is Urban free-ville now....
I'm even happy for Andrew Catalon and James Lofton today. They are probably happy as hell to have something to talk about other than the actual game.
If Meyer wasn’t involved in game planning then the same people are still doing it. His absence means little. We still have the same lack of talent and a struggling rookie QB with the same lack of open targets.

In reality, nothing has changed. We still suck and will play as such today. The winner of today’s game will be the team that happens to suck the least. If we win, it will only be because Houston handed it to us. Likewise for them.

Urban Meyer is gone. Good! Let’s not allow our jubilation to cloud reality.
Jags 13
tinhorn 14

Hell, i don't have any clue which team will suck worse, but i'm ecstatic the jags have one less idiot on the sideline.
(12-19-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]If Meyer wasn’t involved in game planning then the same people are still doing it. His absence means little. We still have the same lack of talent and a struggling rookie QB with the same lack of open targets.

In reality, nothing has changed. We still suck and will play as such today. The winner of today’s game will be the team that happens to suck the least. If we win, it will only be because Houston handed it to us. Likewise for them.

Other than Caldrac I don't think anyone is doing that
(12-19-2021, 09:51 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]If Meyer wasn’t involved in game planning then the same people are still doing it. His absence means little. We still have the same lack of talent and a struggling rookie QB with the same lack of open targets.

One thing has changed, we won't have Urban taking good players of of the game to put bad players in.

I don't think it makes a big difference, but there's definitely a difference.
(12-19-2021, 10:26 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

One thing has changed, we won't have Urban taking good players of of the game to put bad players in.

I don't think it makes a big difference, but there's definitely a difference.

As far as I know, he only did that with Robinson. Also, maybe we’ll see more rookie play time.
You’re right though, there will be a different atmosphere on the sideline for sure.
yeah im excited to see what we can do, but my expectations are not too high.
Is Robinson fully healthy though? Even if he gets more touches, he hasn't been his typical self since the injury.
(12-19-2021, 10:56 AM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Is Robinson fully healthy though?  Even if he gets more touches, he hasn't been his typical self since the injury.

He's def not 100% but he's still the best facet of our offense until trevor has weapons and protection.
I'm hanging my hopes on two things:

1) The dead cat bounce that usually comes from a team when a head coach is fired.
2) For the first time this year, the play-caller and the quarterback executing the plays will be on the same sideline together. For the uninformed, Bevell was calling the plays from up in the booth. He's going to be calling the plays from the sideline today.

So here is my prediction: Jags 24, Texans 16. The law of averages says eventually one of my predictions will be correct.
(12-19-2021, 11:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm hanging my hopes on two things:

1) The dead cat bounce that usually comes from a team when a head coach is fired.
2) For the first time this year, the play-caller and the quarterback executing the plays will be on the same sideline together.  For the uninformed, Bevell was calling the plays from up in the booth.  He's going to be calling the plays from the sideline today. 

So here is my prediction: Jags 24, Texans 16.  The law of averages says eventually one of my predictions will be correct.

I was half listening to the Bevell press conference the day after Urbs was fired and I would have sworn he said that Jacksonville is the first time he's pulled OC duties in the booth rather than on the sidelines. But as I said, my attention was divided.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34