Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Linder to retire?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
With his injury history it would not shock me.  It appears he was being released or traded regardless.

If this is it, I would like to give him much earned respect and praise.  Tough as nails as well.  Many do not come back from one major injury but he came back from a ton.  Good Solid player when healthy. 

https://apnews.com/article/jacksonville-...SocialFlow
Good for him. He's taken a beating during his career.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
If he does I'd like to get JC Tretter
So the Baalke Leak-O-Rama continues unabated.
(03-18-2022, 10:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]If he does I'd like to get JC Tretter
Agreed. If there's any doubts they should make a move now. I like Shatley though. If they decide to roll with him I am fine there.

(03-18-2022, 10:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2022, 10:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]If he does I'd like to get JC Tretter
Agreed. If there's any doubts they should make a move now. I like Shatley though. If they decide to roll with him I am fine there.

Agreed, no drop off with Shatley.
I like Shatley and was glad we re-signed - but there is indeed a drop off.

Someone posted win rate comps last year and it was fairly significant.
Shatley is now the center at the position until someone beats him out whether it's a FA or 2022 NFL Draft pick.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
I think a center Free agent or trade could still happen, given that we will free up quite a bit of a salary cap.
If Linder retires does the team still owe the $9.5M cap hit? I only ask because in a passing interview with Simms they said something to the effect of "After Brees' contract is off the books it will help their cap situation." Swear I heard that a week or two ago.

Threw me off a bit. Regarding the position though. I doubt Linderbaum falls to 33 but he's my choice over anybody else there in the event Linder truly retires.

If he retires, I tip my hat to him. He's been a good Jaguar over the years.
Agreed. Linder is really up there with Meester. Just lacked his durability. Better player IMHO. On Linder's end.

(03-18-2022, 11:19 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2022, 10:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. If there's any doubts they should make a move now. I like Shatley though. If they decide to roll with him I am fine there.

Agreed, no drop off with Shatley.

No drop off? Ooooootay.  Rolleyes
He needs to decide soon and then the jags need to upgrade the line one more time before the season starts if he does. We cant assume that the o-line is set and be complacent
(03-19-2022, 09:09 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]He needs to decide soon and then the jags need to upgrade the line one more time before the season starts if he does. We cant assume that the o-line is set and be complacent

The Jags should move regardless of his decision, the article said they're cutting him.
(03-18-2022, 11:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I like Shatley and was glad we re-signed - but there is indeed a drop off.

Exactly. Shatley is not bad, he's just not especially good either. When Linder was healthy (which wasn't much) he was one of the best. It's time to draft Linder's replacement from this very deep Center class.

(03-19-2022, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. Linder is really up there with Meester. Just lacked his durability. Better player IMHO. On Linder's end.

Agreed. Linder was the best Center in this franchise's history when he was healthy. I wish him well.
(03-18-2022, 11:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I like Shatley and was glad we re-signed - but there is indeed a drop off.

True in terms of stats but in terms of game performance, Shatley is a good enough stop gap for a year or so until we can find/draft a replacement for Linder. I wouldn't be shocked if they draft a center prospect.

(03-19-2022, 09:56 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly. Shatley is not bad, he's just not especially good either. When Linder was healthy (which wasn't much) he was one of the best. It's time to draft Linder's replacement from this very deep Center class.

(03-19-2022, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. Linder is really up there with Meester. Just lacked his durability. Better player IMHO. On Linder's end.

Agreed. Linder was the best Center in this franchise's history when he was healthy. I wish him well.

Nah, Meester was better and was healthier.
(03-19-2022, 08:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]If Linder retires does the team still owe the $9.5M cap hit? I only ask because in a passing interview with Simms they said something to the effect of "After Brees' contract is off the books it will help their cap situation." Swear I heard that a week or two ago.

Threw me off a bit. Regarding the position though. I doubt Linderbaum falls to 33 but he's my choice over anybody else there in the event Linder truly retires.

Remaining unearned salary for future years would not count against future year cap figures.  Remaining signing bonus (i.e. money already in Linder's pocket, though not yet fully accounted for by the team) would need to be accounted for even if he retires.
Heck Widell was mean and nasty. Cheever was good until injuries.
(03-19-2022, 02:14 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2022, 08:52 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]If Linder retires does the team still owe the $9.5M cap hit? I only ask because in a passing interview with Simms they said something to the effect of "After Brees' contract is off the books it will help their cap situation." Swear I heard that a week or two ago.

Remaining unearned salary for future years would not count against future year cap figures.  Remaining signing bonus (i.e. money already in Linder's pocket, though not yet fully accounted for by the team) would need to be accounted for even if he retires.
Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for the breakdown.

Pages: 1 2 3 4