Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How Many Wins Will Jags Have This Season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1-5 Wins

6-10 Wins

10+ wins
6-10 wins
I would say 1-3 is a pretty large disappointment.

4-7 is about where I think they land and would be satisfied as long as we are fielding a competitive team even through losses.

8+ would be surprising and grounds for celebration.
Need a 6-8 option. 10 wins is shooting for the moon.
(04-17-2022, 08:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Need a 6-8 option.  10 wins is shooting for the moon.

We are supposed to have a generational talent at QB, if 10 is "the moon" for this QB, do we have to already admit we were wrong about Lawrence? The defense should be serviceable, maybe even top 12-15 in some categories. Are we really expecting another pitiful season from TL? I'd say 10 is probably do-able if he is as advertised this season. I certainly would be more surprised if we have 6 or less wins this year with the coach and QB we have in place, the rest sorts itself out.
(04-17-2022, 09:18 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2022, 08:45 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Need a 6-8 option.  10 wins is shooting for the moon.

We are supposed to have a generational talent at QB, if 10 is "the moon" for this QB, do we have to already admit we were wrong about Lawrence? The defense should be serviceable, maybe even top 12-15 in some categories. Are we really expecting another pitiful season from TL? I'd say 10 is probably do-able if he is as advertised this season. I certainly would be more surprised if we have 6 or less wins this year with the coach and QB we have in place, the rest sorts itself out.

Seriously? We just had one of the worst 18 months of franchise life in NFL history. The idea that the new coach can suddenly fix the destruction of this roster and complete waste of our offseason capital from last year is ridiculous. Now this year all of the teams in the League are back on par with us and our only real advantage is the overall number one pick in a year where no college player is clearly the right pick. Even if Pederson and TLaw do absolutely everything right this team is still a year away.
7 to 8.
11 wins BOOM! lol I honestly have no idea, I'm still enjoying our off-season championship. No one off seasons like the Jags! This is our time and no one can spoil it by taking about the regular season!
(04-17-2022, 09:18 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]

So with a 2nd year, highly rated, promising QB, and a coach who has proven capable of winning games with a young QB, we should expect the following to "sort itself out"
  • ILB #2 
  • OLB/EDGE #2 
  • Safety #2
  • X-WR
  • RT
  • LG
  • C
  • RB if injured starters aren't recovered
  • Year one in a new scheme for a young offense
  • Year one in a new scheme for a young defense

I'd say 6 or 7 wins is probably a good "par" unless they have an insane impact from early draft picks and the vast majority of their FA signings. That sort of result puts them on pace to really excel in year 2 of the new regime -- which makes a lot more practical sense to me than a +.500 result in year one of yet another overhaul. An overhaul of a team perennially last place in their division for quite some time. 

This assertion stating "if Trevor Lawrence is really an elite talent, we should be +.500" chooses to ignore several other factors that may hinder the team from winning more than 8 games regardless of a promising young QB and a proven coach. 

Teams can and do make rapid ascensions in the modern NFL, but rebuilds and flipping the balance in the W/L column more commonly require more than one calendar year. I hope Pederson's plan turns out to be part of that fast track minority, but I realize the odds are against it.
Ask again in 2 weeks after the draft is over.
(04-17-2022, 10:31 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Ask again in 2 weeks after the draft is over.

This
(04-17-2022, 10:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2022, 10:31 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Ask again in 2 weeks after the draft is over.

This

+1 more. It's too early to ask.
(04-18-2022, 12:32 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-17-2022, 10:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]This

+1 more. It's too early to ask.

Fair enuff

The poll will be still open  Big Grin

Ask again in a year after the season's over. Should have an even better idea by then.
(04-17-2022, 09:52 PM)AlsJagsFan Wrote: [ -> ]11 wins BOOM! lol I honestly have no idea, I'm still enjoying our off-season championship. No one off seasons like the Jags! This is our time and no one can spoil it by taking about the regular season!

Haha. Exactly and we are just getting into the meat of our off season championship, the draft.
Assuming we nail our first 3-4 draft picks, and Trevor makes a jump I'd say 7-9.
Assuming we f up and take Travon Walker, and Trevor dosen't progress, 3-4.
we get 5 preseason games this year, right?

7 wins BETTER be plausible, assuming we can get out of preseason with a winning record.
(04-18-2022, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]we get 5 preseason games this year, right?

7 wins BETTER be plausible, assuming we can get out of preseason with a winning record.

4 preseason games
(04-18-2022, 09:12 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2022, 08:38 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]we get 5 preseason games this year, right?

4 preseason games

HoF game
Since we were only given 3 options, I said 6-10.  However 6-8 is more likely than 9-10.  5 falls outside the range, but also wouldn't be too surprising if our running backs don't recover and/or the team has major injuries.
Pages: 1 2 3 4