Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: UDFAs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Of course, at this point, I have no idea what UDFA's are going to be signed.

Last year, I think there were maybe 6 signed overall.  I don't understand that, considering we were a one win team the year before.  I wonder if signing only six UDFA's last year was a Baalke philosophy or an Urban Meyer philosophy.
Oh this year is gonna be different than last year....that's all I know..LOL
Sterling Weatherford, Kellen Diesch, Justyn Ross and Nephi Sewell would be ideal if they don't go here in the 7th RD. Really like these four in particular.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(04-30-2022, 04:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, at this point, I have no idea what UDFA's are going to be signed.

Last year, I think there were maybe 6 signed overall.  I don't understand that, considering we were a one win team the year before.  I wonder if signing only six UDFA's last year was a Baalke philosophy or an Urban Meyer philosophy.

I think it was a COVID issue.  I think they believed that there wasn't a lot of depth in UDFA last year.  I suspect it will be different this year.
Probably 1 or 2 kickers
Ross and/ or Melton
Diesch
The Seahawks got bo Melton
I wonder if Justyn Ross has some sort of injury that is keeping him from getting drafted.
(04-30-2022, 06:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Justyn Ross has some sort of injury that is keeping him from getting drafted.

He has a neck injury
(04-30-2022, 05:24 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2022, 04:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, at this point, I have no idea what UDFA's are going to be signed.

I think it was a COVID issue.  I think they believed that there wasn't a lot of depth in UDFA last year.  I suspect it will be different this year.

(04-30-2022, 05:35 PM)rufftime Wrote: [ -> ]Probably 1 or 2 kickers
Ross and/ or Melton
Diesch
I hope both of you are right.
(04-30-2022, 06:36 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2022, 06:24 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Justyn Ross has some sort of injury that is keeping him from getting drafted.

He has a neck injury

Yeah, he was a medical scratch from the draft board because of it.
And the last pick is made. Let the UFA phone calls begin !!! GET TO WORK GUYS !!!
Surely we will be heavily pushing for, and would be a popular target for, the leftover potential X receivers. We gotta get one of Austin or Weston. Dixon or Rambo too.

Diesch and Dare should be top OT candidates, can't believe Diesch wasn't drafted there has to be some serious medical issue there. Jason Poe wasn't drafted wow, gotta try to get him too. Lindstrom shoudl have been drafted too. All of your alls favorite 7th round pick from the fan mocks Nick Ford is a UDFA too, I don't like him as much but as a UDFA sure.
Kevin Austin, Justin Ross, Jalen Wydermyer as pass catchers

Mike Miranda and Tyrese Robinsons as G

Bring in Ryan Nelson, OT from VA…just cause I know the family.
(04-30-2022, 07:04 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Surely we will be heavily pushing for, and would be a popular target for, the leftover potential X receivers. We gotta get one of Austin or Weston. Dixon or Rambo too.

Diesch and Dare should be top OT candidates, can't believe Diesch wasn't drafted there has to be some serious medical issue there. Jason Poe wasn't drafted wow, gotta try to get him too. Lindstrom shoudl have been drafted too. All of your alls favorite 7th round pick from the fan mocks Nick Ford is a UDFA too, I don't like him as much but as a UDFA sure.

I would definitely like Lindstrom here.  Diesch too.  Since the draft is over, I'd add Jalen Wydermeyer too.
(04-30-2022, 07:07 PM)NCJag Wrote: [ -> ]Kevin Austin, Justin Ross, Jalen Wydermyer as pass catchers

Mike Miranda and Tyrese Robinsons as G

Bring in Ryan Nelson, OT  from VA…just cause I know the family.
Worked for Urban, right?   Laughing
(04-30-2022, 07:20 PM)Upper Wrote: [ -> ]Well thank god

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/15...9106283521

That makes me feel a little better.

Can we please bring a TE?
I feel much better pretending that Austin was our 5th rounder, Ford was our 6th rounder, and Snoop was our 7th rounder.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8