Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roe v Wade reversed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
This upcoming election cycle just got a whole lot more complicated for Republicans.
Just saw the news coverage........WOW!!!
The top trending topic on twitter was "Night of Rage" a few minutes ago.. Catholic Churches are on high alert tonight.
The mostly peaceful protests will start this afternoon.
I'm sure there are many people like me who are on the fence about the issue of abortion.  I can sympathize with both sides.

That's why this decision is not that big a deal to me.
(06-24-2022, 11:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure there are many people like me who are on the fence about the issue of abortion.  I can sympathize with both sides.

That's why this decision is not that big a deal to me.

Same with me. I think they should have left it alone.

(06-24-2022, 11:44 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/154...-32SA&s=19

It’s a good time to be living in Jacksonville. I predict more blue state flight in the coming months. 

Poor Portland is going to get hammered again.
To paraphrase George Carlin here........ "Ever notice how most of the women who are for abortion are women you never want to sleep with to begin with"........

Yes, I know it's a very serious, and emotional issue for some (on both sides) But I believe it has always been a states rights issue, not a federal one........

Back in my younger and liberal days, I voted to keep abortion legal here in Maryland just in case this day ever came about

Now that I'm older and wiser, I feel that all innocent life is worth protecting.....
Meh, just drives business from state to state. People will simply have to travel for the procedure. Really makes no sense.
Once again, it's really only a decision that hurts poor people. Our government is pretty good at coming together to do that.
If we had to wear a mask to prevent covid for the last couple of years, they can wear a condom to prevent pregnancy.
One of the happiest days in a long time
To the SCOTUS’s credit, they did strike down a New York gun law yesterday which possibly allows for easier abortion of criminals.
(06-24-2022, 01:08 PM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: [ -> ]Once again, it's really only a decision that hurts poor people. Our government is pretty good at coming together to do that.
How? Poor people can't prepare ahead of time? If poor people were so affected, PP would be offering sterilization options so they wouldn't have to keep coming back.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(06-24-2022, 01:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]To the SCOTUS’s credit, they did strike down a New York gun law yesterday which possibly allows for easier abortion of criminals.

Didn’t they actually make it so more people could carry concealed weapons? Isn’t that bad?

A bit shocked by the Roe Vs Wade news, but as I’m a Brit so it’s not really my place for comment tbf!
You can comment. Just understand it. It didn't ban abortions. It just made it so states can decide how to implement it.
(06-24-2022, 02:24 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2022, 01:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]To the SCOTUS’s credit, they did strike down a New York gun law yesterday which possibly allows for easier abortion of criminals.

Didn’t they actually make it so more people could carry concealed weapons? Isn’t that bad?

A bit shocked by the Roe Vs Wade news, but as I’m a Brit so it’s not really my place for comment tbf!

Legally concealed carry. That’s a good thing because it allows more law abiding citizens to defend themselves. Criminals, by nature and definition, are going to carry regardless of the law.
(06-24-2022, 02:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2022, 02:24 PM)Dockerill91 Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t they actually make it so more people could carry concealed weapons? Isn’t that bad?

Legally concealed carry. That’s a good thing because it allows more law abiding citizens to defend themselves. Criminals, by nature and definition, are going to carry regardless of the law.

But I mean you say this, but contrary to popular belief, we have very little gun crime over here, so the argument of criminals are always going to carry isn’t necessarily accurate.

(06-24-2022, 02:45 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]You can comment. Just understand it. It didn't ban abortions. It just made it so states can decide how to implement it.

I understand that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5