Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Minneapolis teachers union contract calls for layoffs of white teachers first
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If I were a white teacher laid off from this school system I’m suing every freaking racist pig associated with this garbage. 

https://alphanews.org/minneapolis-teache...ers-first/
They actually might have to if that Affirmative Action had anything to do with it.. They might be bound by law to have a mixed race in the workplace..

My best hazy guess..

Edit: I didn't read the article, just assumed..

And yes, I know what assume means.. It makes a keaster out of you and that dude Jags..
(08-14-2022, 04:58 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]They actually might have to if that Affirmative Action had anything to do with it.. They might be bound by law to have a mixed race in the workplace..

My best hazy guess..

Edit: I didn't read the article, just assumed..

And yes, I know what assume means.. It makes a keaster out of you and that dude Jags..

Hey!   I don’t need to assume to make an [BLEEP] out of myself!  Haha.  I’m pretty good at that on my own.
It seems to me there has to be more to it than outright racism.

But there's a lesson to be learned here. Political extremism always seems like a good idea to its adherents until it begins to feed on its own. Let's see how these woke blue hairs react when they're told they won't be able to pay their bills because someone lower on the totem pole will be receiving their paycheck instead.
Correct! They already have a problem with under-representation of non-white teachers so the protection is to avoid that problem getting worse.
(08-14-2022, 07:40 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Correct!  They already have a problem with under-representation of non-white teachers so the protection is to avoid that problem getting worse.

Why is it a problem? Don't non-white teachers follow the same protocol of seniority as everyone else?
(08-14-2022, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2022, 07:40 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Correct!  They already have a problem with under-representation of non-white teachers so the protection is to avoid that problem getting worse.

Why is it a problem? Don't non-white teachers follow the same protocol of seniority as everyone else?

I presume they do.
(08-14-2022, 07:51 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2022, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it a problem? Don't non-white teachers follow the same protocol of seniority as everyone else?

I presume they do.

Except when they don’t if race becomes a factor.
My opinion on teachers is constantly changing. On one hand, I want to root for them to make more money, because they truly are an integral part of our society. I had a handful of excellent teachers who believed in me and taught me plenty of academic and life lessons. But you know what they didn't do? try to push their political beliefs on me. It seems like so many teachers today do just that. I'm scared about how to deal with it once I have kids. It just seems like the overwhelming amount of teachers today are liberal (no problem there). But don't push your freaking beliefs on my kids while I'm at work. It should be illegal.
So, per the article, a minority teacher will stay on at the schools designated as having the greatest concentrations of poverty, while other teachers, who may be more tenured and more experienced, will be let go. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the most qualified teachers at these schools, regardless of race, so that these students will have the best chance to escape the aforementioned poverty? This is affirmative action at it's worst, and unfortunately, at it's best. Cause it hasn't figured out how to do this any better.
I haven't read into this, and frankly don't really care enough to do so. It appears it has to do with the fact that the city has embarked on a drive to increase non white teachers. So non-whites make up the best part of the lesser tenured teacher cohort. So it makes no sense now to get rid of those teachers. That will only make the disparity even bigger.

Liken it to wanting to inject new ideas into a company, so recruiting new people one day and then getting rid of them the next because they are the newest people. One step forward and one step back.
Let’s end racism by basing our decisions solely on race, makes perfect sense.
(08-14-2022, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

Lots and lots of research has been done showing that minority students learn more when their teacher is from the same minority group as them.  Same reason that outcomes in psychology and medicine improve when there is a match between patient race/ethnicity and provider race/ethnicity.

No one thinks this means we should return to strict separation of the races, and it certainly doesnt mean that every black teacher is better for black students than every white teacher, but everyone agrees that this shows the importance of racial representation in certain professions.
(08-15-2022, 01:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2022, 07:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it a problem? Don't non-white teachers follow the same protocol of seniority as everyone else?

Lots and lots of research has been done showing that minority students learn more when their teacher is from the same minority group as them.  Same reason that outcomes in psychology and medicine improve when there is a match between patient race/ethnicity and provider race/ethnicity.

No one thinks this means we should return to strict separation of the races, and it certainly doesnt mean that every black teacher is better for black students than every white teacher, but everyone agrees that this shows the importance of racial representation in certain professions.

No, not everyone agrees...
(08-15-2022, 01:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Then seniority protocols don’t apply because of race. That’s racist.
(08-15-2022, 02:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2022, 01:23 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Lots and lots of research has been done showing that minority students learn more when their teacher is from the same minority group as them.  Same reason that outcomes in psychology and medicine improve when there is a match between patient race/ethnicity and provider race/ethnicity.

Then seniority protocols don’t apply because of race. That’s racist.

Considering race in decision making is not inherently racist.  Read the article carefully.  The policy speaks of some races being under-represented.  That race could be white, or black, or any other category. At this time whites are over-represented, but in time that could change and then the same policy would favor white people.
(08-14-2022, 07:34 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]It seems to me there has to be more to it than outright racism.

But there's a lesson to be learned here. Political extremism always seems like a good idea to its adherents until it begins to feed on its own. Let's see how these woke blue hairs react when they're told they won't be able to pay their bills because someone lower on the totem pole will be receiving their paycheck instead.

+1

They're all a bunch of animals. It'll never be enough. They have to know this by now.
(08-14-2022, 08:12 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]My opinion on teachers is constantly changing. On one hand, I want to root for them to make more money, because they truly are an integral part of our society. I had a handful of excellent teachers who believed in me and taught me plenty of academic and life lessons. But you know what they didn't do? try to push their political beliefs on me. It seems like so many teachers today do just that. I'm scared about how to deal with it once I have kids. It just seems like the overwhelming amount of teachers today are liberal (no problem there). But don't push your freaking beliefs on my kids while I'm at work. It should be illegal.

+1

I agree here. At some point in this Country virtually EVERY DAMN THING became political. Can't go to a store, watch a game, a show, or log onto your social media without seeing something political. Even some of our own customers have to adhere to this nonsense in their own email signatures. He/Him, Her/She, They/Them. 

[BLEEP] off with that [BLEEP]. I identify as a threat, how about that? My pronouns are now try/me. Tired of the [BLEEP]. And, what bothers me is that, for the grand majority of my life. I stayed front and center. I didn't lean too left, and I didn't lean too right. I saw enough from both sides of the aisle to where some of what the left said made sense and some of what the right made sense. 

Now, with a two year old son and three nieces of my own in this crazy world. It's hard for me not to lean a little bit, and I do mean, a little bit, to the right. Sorry. It is what it is. I still support equality, gay rights, minority opportunities, etc. 

However, when I see schools giving into some weird lunacy and pushing things over the top where they're clearly trying to disrupt the average American family household? Nope. Draw the line there for me in the sand on that one. If I have to work two jobs and cut back on significant leisure time just to ensure my son goes to a school where he's learning about actual educational practices that matter? So be it.
(08-15-2022, 02:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2022, 02:02 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Then seniority protocols don’t apply because of race. That’s racist.

Considering race in decision making is not inherently racist.  Read the article carefully.  The policy speaks of some races being under-represented.  That race could be white, or black, or any other category. At this time whites are over-represented, but in time that could change and then the same policy would favor white people.

Wrong!  Considering ANYTHING other than a candidate's qualifications is discriminatory in some way, be it race, gender, age, religious beliefs, etc.
IIn the U.K working class white male students are behind EVERY other demographic. By A LOT, why I wonder?

"Figures show that the number of white men getting on to degree courses has fallen almost ten per cent compared to 2014. In contrast, the number of Asian men securing places has risen by 26 per cent, and Asian women 39 per cent.

The shocking disparity has been revealed by analysis of figures from admissions service UCAS by The Mail on Sunday."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...years.html

"Left behind white pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds"

https://committees.parliament.uk/work/23...unds/news/

"The lost boys: the white working class is being left behind"

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-...eft-behind

Headed to an America near you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4