Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Perspective
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
When the year started, most of us were projecting around 6 to 7 wins. Additionally, we were hoping for competitive football. These past two weeks have been extremely disappointing, no doubt, but I still think this team is closer than they have been recently to turning the corner. We have been in every game close, and we are starting to see growth of our rushing attack. Trevor finally had a 4th quarter drive to take the lead. We are a few plays away on most of these games. I think as the year goes, you’ll start to see things come together more reliably for this team. Overall, I do have faith that Doug Peterson can steer the ship in the right way. We look like a much more competent team than in years past. My question to you all is, how far are we from where you thought we would be before the season started?
These are Year 1 kinds of games but don't tell that to anyone.
Yeah great another losing season. Maybe next year.
I did not think our defence would be this inconsistent

First 3 weeks, awesome

Last 3 weeks preety Meh
(10-16-2022, 04:19 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]I did not think our defence would be this inconsistent

First 3 weeks, awesome

Last 3 weeks preety Meh

No push in the trench will do that for you.
I’m happy Doug went back to the run. But his playcalling is too cute a lot of the time.

But I disagree with the thought. We NEED to win these games, the Giants are proof that you can turn around a program fast.
Six games in, it’s clear this is not a playoff team. We need to focus on developing our talent and getting to 7-8 wins.
We’ve been waiting for 23 years now to have a consistently good team. Stop with the patience crap. The falcons and giants who have arguably equal rosters are playing better.

Even the Jets are 4-2 despite Wilson
(10-16-2022, 04:22 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]Six games in, it’s clear this is not a playoff team. We need to focus on developing our talent and getting to 7-8 wins.

Did anyone really think they were a playoff team? Anyone with that expectation isn't realistic.
I am concerned about the fact that our defense was eaten alive by Matt Ryan behind a patchwork OL with no RBs. And yet we continued to leave Griffin on an island all game. You could argue they were gassed, but the offense gave them over ten minutes of game time to rest before that final drive.

This looks like a coaching issue.
I am just amazed that some of the people hating on this coaching staff are the same guys who defended Bradley, Caldwell and even Meyer...

We should have a better record but the team is nowhere near as bad as in past years... we also lack talent in several areas.
(10-16-2022, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 04:22 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]Six games in, it’s clear this is not a playoff team. We need to focus on developing our talent and getting to 7-8 wins.

Did anyone really think they were a playoff team? Anyone with that expectation isn't realistic.
Do you listen to jaguars Today? Lots of hype after those two wins.
(10-16-2022, 04:17 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]When the year started, most of us were projecting around 6 to 7 wins. Additionally, we were hoping for competitive football. These past two weeks have been extremely disappointing, no doubt, but I still think this team is closer than they have been recently to turning the corner. We have been in every game close, and we are starting to see growth of our rushing attack. Trevor finally had a 4th quarter drive to take the lead. We are a few plays away on most of these games. I think as the year goes, you’ll start to see things come together more reliably for this team. Overall, I do have faith that Doug Peterson can steer the ship in the right way. We look like a much more competent team than in years past. My question to you all is, how far are we from where you thought we would be before the season started?

Agreed. Year 1 of most HC tenures are always a trial and error and seeing who gets your ideas and can execute and who can't. We are seeing the parts of this roster step up and the parts that are starting to struggle. 

Every L has been a 1 score game and the last few years we were down by double digits 5 minutes into the 1st Q. The biggest weakness I see in this team is a lack of experience of knowing how to win games, how to be on the right side of those 5 or 6 gotta have them plays. I think back to 2017 and Calais arriving and they don't seem a coincidence.

This roster will only get better as we focus on the positions and players we can improve, not having to fill multiple positions and position groups like the last few years. The players won't have to learn a new O and D every season which doesn't help. 

The growing pains suck but I see a team moving forwards.
(10-16-2022, 04:25 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: [ -> ]I am just amazed at some people hating on this coaching staff, some of these people are the same guys who defended Bradley, Caldwell and even Meyer...

We should have a better record but the team is nowhere near as bad as in past years... we also lack talent in several areas.

They took a terrible team and made them competitive in a single offseason. People expecting them to be a 5 win team right now are delusional.
We’re definitely better than our record. 2 or 3 plays here and there and we have an extra 2 wins. Today against the Colts on 3rd down, they called timeout and said “man let me run by Griffin”

Griffin was barbecue chicken.

I thought with a few breaks it might be possible. It's still possible to see some solid improvement through the rest of the year but I'm starting to wondering if it will really happen.
Every close game has gone against us so far. I think we will continue to learn and start to snag some of these close games soon.
(10-16-2022, 04:26 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 04:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Did anyone really think they were a playoff team? Anyone with that expectation isn't realistic.
Do you listen to jaguars Today? Lots of hype after those two wins.

No, I don't.
(10-16-2022, 04:24 PM)Khan Artist Wrote: [ -> ]I am concerned about the fact that our defense was eaten alive by Matt Ryan behind a patchwork OL with no RBs.  And yet we continued to leave Griffin on an island all game.  You could argue they were gassed, but the offense gave them over ten minutes of game time to rest before that final drive.

This looks like a coaching issue.

Coach can’t make Griffin run faster. He just got beat, flat out. 

Matt Ryan proved why he’s one of the all time greats. He proved a good QB can make a patchwork oline be irrelevant, along with backup RBs and average WRs.

Jets 4-2
Giants 5-1
Falcons 3-3, just beat one of the best NFC teams

These teams have been right around us in talent level and yet are looking far better.  Daniel Jones was supposed to be a weight around their neck.  Wilson has looked terrible.  Mariota is a failed QB having a resurgence in ATL.  And yet here they all are in the mix while we fall behind.

The Jags had one of the top 5 easiest remaining schedules two weeks ago.  We started that out by going 0-2.  The Colts had scored 6 TDs in FIVE WEEKS and they scored FOUR today.

This team looks flat and unmotivated.  They're losers who have been conditioned to lose.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8